Game of Thrones  *SPOILERS* - For the nights dark and full of SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's interesting because there was Bronn and Jamie, the enemies, and I was rooting for both to survive. Both are good men at heart and you're right that Jamie's story isn't done. I think Jamie figures into Cersei's fate.

Meanwhile, don't count out Bronn as someone who will betray Cersei. He might see what a monster she is, think about Jamie denying his Highgarden request, and Tyrion could have a better offer...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hotel in Utah doesn't have HBO...but I happened to remember my DirecTV credentials and just watched it on hbogo.

I still don't consider Jaimie entirely good. He chucked a little kid out a window in season 1... And that takes a shitload of karma to adjust the scales. He also told some dude last or two seasons ago that he would gladly Chuck their children over the castle wall with a catapult if he thought it would speed negotiations.

I don't consider Jaimie to be "good."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well who is truly "good"? Dani probably earned a massive karma payment when she freed all the slaves, but she has literally crucified people and burnt them alive. Is she good?

He did push a kid out of a window, but the kid didn't die and it led him on a different path, which might help save the kingdom. (And apparently made him really ugly.)

That talk about the kids was bluster.

Listen to him talk about his enemy and how they didn't deserve their deaths. He talked his sister out of torturing the queen of thorns and gave her a peaceful death even after she shit talked him. He has a code of honor and morals, as warped as it might be, but it does exist. Remember, he killed his previous king because it was the right thing to do. Meanwhile, he never touched Robert Baratheon because it wasn't. That's despite Robert banging his sister/lover.

I mean, you didn't argue against Bronn being good, but he's killed many people and turned against his best friend for money.

I think we were supposed to despise Jamie when the series began, and we did. He was a prick. However, we've been watching him grow and become wiser. That journey is going to make sense when he kills Cersei.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Bronn wasn't the discussion... He won't be going to Christian heaven, either, no matter how funny it is when he laughs at a dude, to his face, about his name.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The big discussion today is... Was the big arrow poisoned, and will poison kill dragons?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dickon.

And Bronn was part of the discussion because my original statement was about both of them. Just because you removed the part that doesn't fit your argument... Oh shit, did you just become a progressive? :D KIDDING!

Never thought about poison. It honestly didn't make sense to me that he ever got shot. I really had to stretch my imagination to allow that she couldn't and wouldn't have wiped out Bronn and that giant crossbow immediately as it was clearly the only real threat.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I dont even know what you're talkig about with removing parts, i was on my phone and shitting and just said that i didn't think bronn was a good guy, either.

As for Jamie's character arc, yeah, I get that. But I still don't consider him a good guy. A good guy doesn't murder a little kid no matter how good his sister's pussy is, and a few years of not being QUITE so bad doesn't erase that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fact is, Jamie's character arc is much stronger in the books. In the books he's actually blowing off cersei, trying to stop the constant, pointless war. WHen he and bronn met the sand snakes last season, every book reader was screaming NOOOO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN DORNE, JAMIE???

But even so.... in the books it still feels like he is trying to make up for past misdeeds, because he knows he's not good.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I saw some discussion of poison online. I agreed with the contrarian viewpoint:, how does anyone know what poison would effect a dragon? There anatomies are pretty different from humans, breathing fire and everything. The deadliest poison might not even give one a tummy ache.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The showrunners are so deep into their own stuff though, away from what the author intended, that really whether or not that dragon is going to die of poison is entirely whether or not the showrunners want it to. No amount of canon or logic is going to change that, so rally debate about it is pointless.

I've been on team Dany since S1... I hope the dragon is ok.
Troy

Post by Troy »

In that case, I'm going to go with Cersei and her Maester creating persuasive dragon propaganda. Eventually winning the minds of one of the lesser dragons over so there is an epic betrayl that ends up with two dragons dead, one wounded, and Dany falling into the ocean.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I swear to the old gods and the new, there is nothing worse than a self-hating, SJW dragon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I dont even know what you're talkig about with removing parts, i was on my phone and shitting and just said that i didn't think bronn was a good guy, either.
Did you attend Malcolm's class on reading comprehension? My original statement that you replied to:
Leisher wrote: It's interesting because there was Bronn and Jamie, the enemies, and I was rooting for both to survive. Both are good men at heart and you're right that Jamie's story isn't done. I think Jamie figures into Cersei's fate.
I have not read the books, so I have no idea what Martin's intentions are besides lots of visible dicks. I kid! He does consult on the show, yes?

It's like The Walking Dead and how far from canon that show gets. Robert Kirkman is there advising and helping to write plot, but shit happens. Stories need to be condensed or dragged out, characters get stuffed into one to save time and money, actors leave and characters then die who weren't scheduled to, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My reading comprehension is exactly appropriate for 7:54 am, on a cell phone, on a shitter. Perhaps you to be cognizant of your ability to Go Fuck Yourself .

:-D
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That being said, it was pretty badass of Jamie to grab a spear and charge a fucking dragon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Perhaps you to be cognizant of your ability to Go Fuck Yourself .
I am going to make you eat my shit, and then eat your own shit that gets made from my shit.
GORDON wrote: That being said, it was pretty badass of Jamie to grab a spear and charge a fucking dragon.
Isn't it funny how badass and dumb go hand in hand so often?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Isn't it funny how badass and dumb go hand in hand so often?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:[
GORDON wrote: That being said, it was pretty badass of Jamie to grab a spear and charge a fucking dragon.
Isn't it funny how badass and dumb go hand in hand so often?
No argument. He saw a chance to take out the queen and end the war, and took it.

And it mirrors a king beratheon speech from S1 where he talks about a stupid young targaryan Lord who found him on the battlefield and tried the same thing, and Robert
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think it was a Tarly.

But Robert WAS right about damn near everything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

When Arya kills Littlefinger with his own dagger, will she do it as Ned or Cat?