Game of Thrones  *SPOILERS* - For the nights dark and full of SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I've got to say, the writing this season has kind of sucked. You can sorta tell they outran the author.
True for a while.

Stupid way to lose a dragon
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Danny has to die. She's becoming another mad king. Cersei is playing her like a fiddle.

Who kills Cersei? There are only three options: Jamie, Tyrion, or Arya.

Do you know how difficult it would be for those ships to hide from aerial dragons, yet still be within firing range? That was dumb. And why did she leave her people to die? All she had to do was circle around behind those ships and light them up. Their bows were up front. The shooters would never have been able to see through the main sails.

One of the weakest story lines is the Hound and Mountain. They're on a collision course, but why? I know there's history there, but it really hasn't been played up on screen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There are only three options: Jamie, Tyrion, or Arya.
I have to go Jamie right now.
Leisher wrote: Do you know how difficult it would be for those ships to hide from aerial dragons, yet still be within firing range? That was dumb. And why did she leave her people to die? All she had to do was circle around behind those ships and light them up. Their bows were up front. The shooters would never have been able to see through the main sails.
Seriously. I was soooo disappointed in that scene. They showed them on the ships, and I told my wife "OK, what bad thing is about to happen to them right now?" And boom, dragon down.
Leisher wrote: One of the weakest story lines is the Hound and Mountain. They're on a collision course, but why?
They are brothers, and the Mountain burned the Hound's face. Rght?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
One of the weakest story lines is the Hound and Mountain. They're on a collision course, but why? I know there's history there, but it really hasn't been played up on screen.
Their early backstory was that Hound was playing with Mountain's toys when they were kids, and in psycho retaliation, Mountain stuck Hound's face in a burning brazier. That's why he looks like that. Think he told that story to Arya or Sansa.

They've already fought once on screen, at an early tournament when Mountain nearly killed Renly.

Hound also talked a lot of shit to Mountain last time they were together for peace talks with Cersei. Hound doesn't like his brother, but I think he actually hates what they turned him into worse.

e: and yeah, sailing ships with cloaking devices will make this whole war thing way easier for Cersei and the Ironborn. They should have been using those earlier. Seriously, no way a dragon in flight misses a fleet of sailing ships moving into ballista range.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: e: and yeah, sailing ships with cloaking devices will make this whole war thing way easier for Cersei and the Ironborn. They should have been using those earlier. Seriously, no way a dragon in flight misses a fleet of sailing ships moving into ballista range.
RIGHT? God that disappointed me.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And the light cavalry charge into the darkness. And the complete lack of using the castle's defensive strengths, and just meeting the dead open ground. And the fact that from what we saw of the battle, there's NO WAY half the troops survived... unless they were elsewhere, held in reserve.

It takes a lot for me to say this... but i'm disappointed in the writing, now. They had a year and a half to get it right.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And the fact the Night King was taken out so easily, that the entire point of the eight-season "dead walking" storyline was to cut Danny's army in half before meeting Sissy in King's landing. WTF.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: And the fact the Night King was taken out so easily, that the entire point of the eight-season "dead walking" storyline was to cut Danny's army in half before meeting Sissy in King's landing. WTF.
I don't really have much of an issue with that. I feel like they served their purpose. Divide the kingdom into two, show that being 'good' will probably just get you killed in the end.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm not sure. This was the first time an army gathered to fight the NK, here in season 8. Every other army that was deflected away from Sissy to fight the wildlings, or Ramsey Bolton, or some other fight. The way the NK was taken out so easily, the southern lords may not even believe the army of the dead ever existed. They weren't at Winterfell, they probably wont believe the stories, and how Sissy reneged on a deal.

The NK army took out the Night's Watch, and Winterfell. It built up over 7 seasons, to be rendered stupid in the 8th.,.. and seemed to have existed primarily to cut Danny's army in half.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: This was the first time an army gathered to fight the NK, here in season 8. Every other army that was deflected away from Sissy to fight the wildlings, or Ramsey Bolton, or some other fight. The way the NK was taken out so easily, the southern lords may not even believe the army of the dead ever existed. They weren't at Winterfell, they probably wont believe the stories, and how Sissy reneged on a deal.
Wasn't that the point?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

IDK, was it?

This was so built up over the show... "We're going as far south, as south goes." And the implication was that it wouldn't be far enough.

Then NK steps into the open and gets sniped, and game over.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It is honestly approaching "Lost" in terms of disappointment.

HBO execs have to be sweating knowing their spinoff(s) are going to take the brunt of fan disappointment.

Oh, and for anyone who was/is a GoT fan, but didn't understand SW fan hatred of TLJ, welcome to the club.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Oh, and for anyone who was/is a GoT fan, but didn't understand SW fan hatred of TLJ, welcome to the club.
Ha, definitely some similarities between those fuckoff stupid bombers and the Dothraki charge to nowhere. Both huge wastes of resources.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Lol my wife is a huge GoT fanboi and today she was complaining that normies don’t understand why this episode was so bad
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dumb woman says Danny is being treated poorly.

The second paragraph from the article:
The wildly popular show has started covering its frontrunner female candidate in much the same way that Hillary Clinton was treated during the 2016 election, relitigating her worst mistakes, overlooking her accomplishments, and suggesting that perhaps we've always been wrong to like her.
I think it's impossible to roll my eyes far enough.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:RT Graph
Hahaha - remember when we were mad that "the first episode was good but nothing happened?" We were sweet summer children back then.

Little did we know, when things start to happen, the story would all falls apart...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Director gives BS reason and the truth for why Jon didn't pet Ghost.

He claims it made the moment powerful. He admits they didn't want to waste the money.