Game of Thrones - no spoiler thread - NO SPOILERS NO SPOILERS NO SPOILERS NO S

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Surviving cast has been signed on through the 7th, and supposedly last, season. 5th season has just finished shooting (or is almost done). And the last two books aren't written yet, for those of you who don't know.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/30/game-of-thrones-cast-7th-season/

The actors' names are in the end, if you want to avoid those spoilers.

I don't even know what.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

April 12th, bitches.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I always post this before each season.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:560px; height:315px;" data="">
<param name="movie" value="" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
</object>

Edited By GORDON on 1420767959
Paul

Post by Paul »

GORDON wrote:the last two books aren't written yet, for those of you who don't know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eoHTyICp3g
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I understood the little equation in the comicon panel.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:I understood the little equation in the comicon panel.
I understood your mom.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Like that's some big achievement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:Like that's some big achievement.
I'm pretty sure understanding any woman is a big achievement for most.
Paul

Post by Paul »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have a friend's ID and password. So do about 8 other families. He gave it out when HBO was actively encouraging people to do so. I'm waiting for them to cut that cord.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Just last night I told the wife we'd be subscribing to HBO Now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I just noticed the "Apple exclusive" part of that.

So let me get this straight, you're charging $7 more a month than Netflix, you're giving people less content (by a thousand miles), AND they have to sign up via an Apple product (the most overpriced and overrated electronic devices in history)?

Nothing bad can come from this...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Disappointing, but it's a foot in the door I suppose. We pay a friend of ours for her log-ins, so I'm not changing my behavior any time soon.

It does read like I could just use my work Iphone for the Apple device, and then log-in through the website via my home desktop?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hey let's talk about Leisher's illness here.

He got about 3 episodes into season 2 and is bored by it. I told him things really pick up after the Stannis stuff. I found him boring and stuffy in season 2.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't know how people got through season 1. I mean, there had to be people who loved it. I found it to be entertaining, but overall dull, and Ned Starks...holy shit! What a dumbfuck. The whole show exists because he's stupid.

I'll eventually watch everything and catch up. I'm SURE it has to get better. However, my wife is trying to decide if she wants to stop watching, so I'm waiting on her decision.

Essentially, I've watched the equivalent of season 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead, and I could understand someone saying the same thing about it. Thus, I want to give it more of a chance, and I enjoy this sort of show typically. I think we both are suffering from a bit of "overhype" though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There was one point where I wasn't sure about Thrones, too, and it was in season 2. Wife and I were watching it together, and we took a break. Went back to it months later... the wife never did... and I loved it after that.

Maybe watching it with a woman makes it suck.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:I don't know how people got through season 1. I mean, there had to be people who loved it. I found it to be entertaining, but overall dull, and Ned Starks...holy shit! What a dumbfuck. The whole show exists because he's stupid.
And btw, there are so many twists between season 1 and the end of season 4, that nothing is what it actually seems.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:Maybe watching it with a woman makes it suck.
My wife and I watch it together and rather enjoy it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There was one point where I wasn't sure about Thrones, too, and it was in season 2. Wife and I were watching it together, and we took a break. Went back to it months later... the wife never did... and I loved it after that.

That's exactly where we are right now.

Maybe I'll talk her into powering through it the next few weeks.