Point Break (2015)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Point Break (2015)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Anthony Kiedis' best acting moment.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well the Red Dawn remake was really good, so I bet this will be as good as that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

DUDE, NOO!!!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Director named.
Wait, wait, wait. Did that article just call the first "Fast and Furious" a ... classic?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Trailer. May be better if you're watching it while holding a gun over your head with both hands and firing wildly into the air.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Looks like ass.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Looks like ass.
Did you try watching it like I said?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I watched it while dual wielding while diving through a door.

BTW, yes, got the Hot Fuzz reference.
Troy

Post by Troy »

this is a travesty

Edited By Troy on 1432850386
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

As long as there's a Gary Busey cameo half as good as his first Amazon Fire commercial, it's got a few minutes of entertainment. He could be the psycho store owner/burnout beach bum guy that sells surfs boards ... and talks to them.

Edited By Malcolm on 1432850535
Leisher
Site Admin

Point Break (2015)

Post by Leisher »

This is a bad, bad and very well shot movie. Seriously, I don't know if Ericson Core (the director) was responsible for all the shots, but damn there are some good ones.

It's also a ridiculously boring movie. I, literally, got up around the midway point and went upstairs to remove tack strips. That was more interesting than finishing the movie at that moment. I went to dinner, came home, and before going back to work figured I'd finish it. It was like a chore.

The story is so profoundly stupid and made worse by their insistance upon changing details from the original. It's all about spirituality and shit like that. There are 8 impossible stunts that will lead you to nirvana or some shit. The funny thing is people do them daily and more than one doesn't even seem dangerous. There's so much that's unnecessary and the characters, save for the main two, are so shallow and pointless. In a bit of irony, the main two characters are actually shallow as a character trait, but they think they're deep. No bond is ever made between Brody and Utah. The writers think there was a bond, but you won't feel it. And the less said about the love interest, the better. I mean these characters are so bland that I legit had no idea who died when one does, and was really confused late when a guy lying on the ground looked like Brody, but nobody in the scene thought so...

It's just a bad, bad, bad movie filled with ads for extreme sports (seriously they look like TV commercials) and bad fake tattoos.

Skip it and see the far superior original instead, which wasn't exactly a masterpiece. They had a low bar to hit and failed miserably.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Point Break (2015)

Post by TheCatt »

Back to the original Point Break

I made my wife watch it the other day because she never had. CLASSIC.

I dont think I ever saw the remake.
It's not me, it's someone else.