John Wick 2

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

John Wick 2

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote:
Yup.

So what does "Excommunicado in 1 Hour" mean? I get that he no longer has the courtesies afforded a member of their assassin brotherhood.... and I get that he now has a $14mil bounty on his head by "The Higher Table" or whatever that was called... but what's the deal with the "in 1 hour" thing?
He gets a 1 hour head start to leave town.
Why? The previous bounty went into effect immediately. Winston invoked a privilege to give him a head start, or something?
I got the impression that Winston did that on his own volition because he understood why John did what he did (and sympathized with him), but it was still against the rules.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

John Wick 2

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote:
Yup.

So what does "Excommunicado in 1 Hour" mean? I get that he no longer has the courtesies afforded a member of their assassin brotherhood.... and I get that he now has a $14mil bounty on his head by "The Higher Table" or whatever that was called... but what's the deal with the "in 1 hour" thing?
He gets a 1 hour head start to leave town.
Why? The previous bounty went into effect immediately. Winston invoked a privilege to give him a head start, or something?
Yes, because he's John Wick. And what Vincent said.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

John Wick 2

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Winston invoked a privilege to give him a head start, or something?
Essentially, yes. That's why John started running at the end. He realized he was wasting his head start by walking.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”