Last Man on Earth SPOILER THREAD - SPOILERS FOR LaMOE

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Maybe. Too many ways out of life on the show. The Sartre thing had, literally, no exit.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:Oh show... show, show show... I'm tired of giving you chances.
Right? Just when they turn the corner, they do a u turn and make it worse by giving him company on asshole road.

"You know what would be funny? Let's make the only likeable character on the show an asshole too!"

What do you think it means that all the new people are listed as "Special Guest Stars"? To me it implies that they'll be leaving. Think it will be by choice or death?

I'm going with death because people who write a show where they think people want to root for a selfish, whiny potential rapist/murderer probably think death is a knock knock joke.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

New guy has been a dick in nearly every scene. Will the women eat that up?

What am I saying.

But, the "Phil Miller" thing is too coincidental. He's evil.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:What do you think it means that all the new people are listed as "Special Guest Stars"? To me it implies that they'll be leaving. Think it will be by choice or death?
I figured it was a way of keeping the names out of the credits somehow, so it'd be a surprise when people turned up. No idea otherwise.

It's still weird how good everyone (except original Phil Miller) looks. (clean, etc)
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I havent even been able to bring myself to watch last week's episode.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:I havent even been able to bring myself to watch last week's episode.
I watched it... I'll watch the final one too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote:I havent even been able to bring myself to watch last week's episode.
I watched it... I'll watch the final one too.
Ditto.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That was the perfect ending to make me see what happens next.

The problem is they did NOTHING to redeem Phil. He's still the biggest scumbag on the planet.

Are we done with those people? Really? I mean, we kind of have to be because there is NO WAY any of them could like him in any way, shape, or form going forward.

So I guess I'll tune in for the first episode to see where they go from here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That was interesting... and I was right about Phil(black).

On the other hand, the show was pretty insufferable when it was just the two of them.

Nice twist on the space thing though, so we'll see where it goes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I had two episodes on the DVR, and I think I accidentally watched the last one first. Closed on the space station. I skipped the second-to-last, didn't I...

Funny thing is, absolutely nothing must have happened because there was never a time when i said, "What did I miss?"

I just deleted the episode... description said they had new presidential elections?

Edited By GORDON on 1430826882
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:That was interesting... and I was right about Phil(black).
What were you right about?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:I had two episodes on the DVR, and I think I accidentally watched the last one first. Closed on the space station. I skipped the second-to-last, didn't I...

Funny thing is, absolutely nothing must have happened because there was never a time when i said, "What did I miss?"

I just deleted the episode... description said they had new presidential elections?
You missed "Tandy" being revealed to be the biggest piece of shit on the planet. All of his scumbag attempts to kill Todd, his plot to kill new Phil, yada, yada, yada. Basically, you missed a rehashing of why he's the single most unlikable character on TV.

You also missed his former wife diddling new Phil, and basically showing that she's not the hero either.

Now the rest of the cast is gone, and we're left with a great premise and nobody we want to watch in it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wait... all that came out in the last episode. Wasn't the last episode of the season the one where he and Carol just take off after New Phil dumps him in the desert? Then you see a Miller on the space station?

Edited By GORDON on 1430830845
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:That was interesting... and I was right about Phil(black).
What were you right about?
Should have killed him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, I don't remember the previous episode, so you missed nothing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The previous episode was Tandy deciding to kill Phil Miller, and the fat guy agreeing. Which immediately got undone on the start of the final episode.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:The previous episode was Tandy deciding to kill Phil Miller, and the fat guy agreeing. Which immediately got undone on the start of the final episode.
That all seemed to happen in the last episode, too. They were behind the fence watching Nu Phil Miller do the solar panels thing, and decided to kill him, then not, then Todd found out Phil had the same murder plan for him, then Todd turned against Original Phil Miller.

So it looks like the second-to-last episode was a complete waste of time. Hope it had some funny jokes, at least.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So I'm binge watching this on Hulu while working a double. Server work and I didn't want something I needed to focus on like GoT.

Holy shit this show got dark.

They mostly dropped the Tandy being the worst character in TV history crap and have started playing things more serious, but with humor. He's still a tool, but not a complete scumbag that we're supposed to somehow sympathize with. Now he's more of a real life Homer Simpson, impossibly stupid and unlucky, but well meaning.

The new formula works more than the previous one, but it's still not amazing.

I do like how they went much darker. LOTS of people have died. The means of death have been smart too. One from appendicitis, one from the actual illness, one impossibly alive, and one really dark suicide.

The latest episode stars Kristin Wiig and they kill the entire Trump administration. They also never mention Trump, but start with Pence.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting. I quit after season 1? Been wondering about it
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I know you watch shows while working out, and if you wanted to go the comedy route, I could see burning time that way.

You've got to get past the Tandy is evil and we're supposed to root for him garbage. Once you're past that, the show gets more interesting, but is super light on humor. I laughed one time during the Kristen Wiig episode and it was because of something that the dog did. Nothing she did was funny at all.