Halloween - "Re-calibrated"

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw writers on board.

There's no stopping them from shitting on the memory of a top 5 all time horror film (Halloween), and let's be honest, Rob Zombie already desecrated it, so I'll just hope they show it some respect this time around.

The key to Michael Meyers is to make it subtle. Underneath the monster, he's a human being. A very smart human being. That's what gives him the most potential for terror over the other two of the "big 3" in horror.

Still, of the big 3, he's been handled the worst.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Michael Myers may as well be played by Mike Myers.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That seems like a no brainer for a skit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Re: Halloween -

Post by Malcolm »

JC says he's back.
"Thirty-eight years after the original Halloween, I'm going to help to try to make the 10th sequel the scariest of them all," Carpenter said in a statement.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They have a few options here:

1. Total Reboot

This would make sense to introduce Michael properly to new audiences. However, did Rob Zombie fuck that up with his shitty attempt? Can older fans appreciate a new beginning for Michael?

2. Pretend none of the films after HII exist.

This makes sense, but would it leave newer audiences confused?

3. Pick up after he escapes from prison. I forget which one that was, but some dude with the same tattoo (ala Snake Eyes and Stormshadow) got off a bus and freed him.

A natural pick up point, but fuck would it be confusing.

I'm betting they go with #1, but with Carpenter back on board, I wouldn't scoff at #2.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I-II + VII-VIII are supposed to go together, and IV-VI form a really shitty trilogy they abandoned because Donald Pleasance kicked off and it was getting insane. I say go one or the other, preferably the former. That seems really likely if John's back.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I was just coming here to post this news.

To me, the biggest piece isn't who they hired, but the stamp of approval on the project from Carpenter. The line "They get it" really grabbed my attention.

Still, I'm be tempering my enthusiasm because more often than not, Hollywood burns us with shitty remakes.

Fucking Rob Zombie...
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Well, that sidesteps the insanity that went on after them ... and potentially brings Jamie Lee back into the mix?
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

and potentially brings Jamie Lee back into the mix?
Good point.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

Danny McBride keeps saying good things.

This sucks because I know my hopes are growing only to be shattered.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Same
GORDON
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by GORDON »

Danny McBride has a trusted opinion?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

Danny McBride is apparently smarter than the characters he plays.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

While he tends to play morons, he's written for a couple of his series. They did well, so I'm assuming he doesn't suck. But this...
I think we’re just trying to strip it down and just take it back to what was so good about the original.”

“It was just very simple and just achieved that level of horror that wasn’t corny and it wasn’t turning Michael Myers into some supernatural being that couldn’t be killed,” he continued. “That stuff to me isn’t scary. I want to be scared by something that I really think could happen.”
Back when Halloween came out, it didn't have decades of genre copycats to compete with. It damn near created the genre. How the fuck does one make a mark that high again when the concept's been done to death? *** rimshot ***
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

Reshoots to tweek the finale underway.

Might or might not have been due to negative test audience scores.
Leisher
Site Admin

Halloween -

Post by Leisher »

Please, please, please, please, please be good...