The Hobbit

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Nice to see it still under construction.

Gandalf, Bilbo just keep getting older.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit

http://www.mania.com/55690.html
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I've read a few times that the man who controls the rights to the hobbit said he wouldn't let the film go forward without Jackson.

Could be one of the reason the studio seems to be interested in making up with Jackson.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Amazing how people are willing to forget their differences when they all stand to make millions of dollars if they just shut the fuck up.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Peter Jackson and New Line are friends again, and apparently they've come to an agreement to make The Hobbit in 2 movies.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317348,00.html

New Line Cinema has patched up its differences with director Peter Jackson. The result is a two-picture deal for "The Hobbit," plus a sequel. Jackson will executive produce the films with partner Fran Walsh, just as he did on the gazillion-dollar Oscar-winning "Rings" trilogy.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sequel to the Hobbit? What's the fucking sequel?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I guess the 60 year gap between Hobbit and LotR.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:I guess the 60 year gap between Hobbit and LotR.
Yeah, right after I posted I remembered that it's Tolkien. The dude wrote encyclopedias on his universe. There's certainly enough material for another flick. Wonder what Jacko will do w\ it.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Malcolm wrote:
GORDON wrote:I guess the 60 year gap between Hobbit and LotR.
Yeah, right after I posted I remembered that it's Tolkien. The dude wrote encyclopedias on his universe. There's certainly enough material for another flick. Wonder what Jacko will do w\ it.
Hopefully scrap it because if it is anything like the Silmarillium. (I don't know it was one of his books on ancestry) I was just boring. And I love The Hobbit and LOTR.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm pretty sure this move just cleared Sam Raimi's plate to do another Spider-Man, which means more McGuire and Dunst.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I'm pretty sure this move just cleared Sam Raimi's plate to do another Spider-Man, which means more McGuire and Dunst.
Well, that just killed my buzz.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They're talking about having Raimi direct?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Raimi was going to replace Jackson, but if Jackson will direct, then Raimi will be off.

Raimi kept pointing to the Hobbit as the biggest obstacle to him coming back fro Spidey 4.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Maybe they oughta leave out Toby & Kirsten so Spiderman won't suck this time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm, it might please you to hear that the rumor is Mary Jane is being phased out as Peter's wife in the comics.

They're not killing her nor are they getting divorced. She'll still be around, but the love interest aspect will be gone.

It's pretty controversial and has folks up in arms. The issue hits next week for those interested in picking up a collector's item.

Point being, if MJ is out of the comic, they may write her out of the film. That could explain why they had Gwen Stacy in the last film...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

So, they'll not be divorced, she'll still be around, but there's no real love? Sounds like a marriage to me.

Also hoping they utilize Gwen Stacy as they did in the comics.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So, they'll not be divorced, she'll still be around, but there's no real love? Sounds like a marriage to me.

Rumor has it that she'll be around, and she'll know about their marriage, but he won't. Again, people are pissed. Thus, they're written in an "out". Rumor has it that if she tells him, everything reverts back to before the incident that occurs next week.

Oh, and for those who have been following the news, Peter parker outed himself as Spiderman this time last year. It was international news. Next week's event puts the lid back on that can of worms.

Also hoping they utilize Gwen Stacy as they did in the comics.

That would be phenomenal. It would take a huge set of balls to pull that off in a movie though.

Interestingly, many years ago, in the "House of M" storyline, each "hero" was granted their dream life and Parker was happily married to Gwen Stacy not MJ.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Raimi was going to replace Jackson, but if Jackson will direct, then Raimi will be off.

Raimi kept pointing to the Hobbit as the biggest obstacle to him coming back fro Spidey 4.
I don't know if I'm happy about Raimi directing.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote:Raimi was going to replace Jackson, but if Jackson will direct, then Raimi will be off.

I don't know if I'm happy about Raimi directing.
Yeah, don't his ass need to get to work on Evil Dead 4?