Unlimited Tickets

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

Unlimited Tickets

Post by Vince »

Ah. Got it. Thanks!
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by TheCatt »

Moviepass stock at 13 cents; $300k market cap. I mean, that's just an OK house around here.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by GORDON »

Holy shit.

Got to fuck with my buddy showing off his card a couple months ago, and I told him it sucked and wouldn't last.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Moviepass stock at 13 cents; $300k market cap. I mean, that's just an OK house around here.
Finished the week at $0.07, market cap of $163,000.
Cakedaddy

Unlimited Tickets

Post by Cakedaddy »

It was good while it lasted. Better than paying $10 per month for 1 movie. Which is exactly the cost of 1 movie.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by GORDON »

The.cinemark plan is better than that, but I don't think the chain is widespread.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by TheCatt »

Moviepass down to $0.036, yes 3.6 cents/share.

It's now worth less than a fancy car: MARKET CAP $53.8K
Helios and Matheson, the owner of the subscription movie service, posted a $126.6 million loss in the second quarter, dwarfing its $2.7 million loss in the year ago period. It lost $132.47 a share.

The company burned through $27 million in cash in the quarter, leaving it with cash reserves of only $15.5 million on its balance sheet. Helios and Matheson (HMNY) once again warned that "without raising additional capital, there is substantial doubt about the company's ability to continue as a going concern."
Although, remember than the $15.5M was at the end of the quarter (6/30/2018). At the rate of burning $27/quarter, with $15.5M... it should be out of cash, roughly, now. (See trouble paying people last week or so)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by TheCatt »

Stock at 2 cents.

Annual plans are no longer annual plans

https://www.cnet.com/news/moviepass-kil ... id-for-it/
Cakedaddy

Unlimited Tickets

Post by Cakedaddy »

Unless you got yours through Costco. Just called to cancel and get the refund (even though 3 movies at $10 is still a good deal. Not sure how long that will last. . .). However, I was told that Costco accounts are not limited. And in fact, we did get an email saying "You are not limited!". So. . . we'll see. I feel like I've gotten my money's worth having seen a lot of movies I wouldn't normally have seen cause, who cares, it's free. I was still going to opt out. Oh well. I guess I keep going.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by GORDON »

Blessed be Costco.
Cakedaddy

Unlimited Tickets

Post by Cakedaddy »

We had already been considering going to Costco and saying "They changed shit. We want a refund." figuring our odds of something happening being decent. But, it looks more like Costco basically told them "Our shit don't change" and they are honoring that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by GORDON »

I've used a ton of.Costco services in the last 12 months.

Car tires, mortgage refi, travel services, bought a car. Sometimes I even buy stuff in the store, too.
Cakedaddy

Unlimited Tickets

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't know why we are members. Hardly ever go to the store. I buy more gas than anything else, and even that isn't very often. Have never used any of their other services before. Considered it a couple of times, but never did. I would say we are one of the members that don't save enough to offset the cost of membership.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by GORDON »

I'm going to get 5 or 600 cash back next year. Newly single, it will take me a long time to spend it.
Cakedaddy

Unlimited Tickets

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm guessing most of that came from using their services? No way you buy that much food!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by TheCatt »

Our membership expires 9/1, and I think we're done. It's just hell here. Too many people. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by GORDON »

Lots of food. I buy steaks $125ish at a time, buying the whole loin and then cutting it up and vacuum sealing it... saves a lot of money. TV. Laser printer. 6 months of shopping for 4 people. I bought 4 Sherpa blankets last winter, and 2 more for gifts. 3 pairs of shoes. I was getting the MIL's drug prescriptions, there. Tons of things I'm forgetting.

I keep eyeballing the right-angle couches... but that's still a luxury item. Don't really NEED a new one, yet.

But after this year, the Executive Membership is probably overkill.

Oh, I just realized. My Costco Visa is my primary "pay it off every month" card. I get 1% of all my random purchases back, too. So that's probably a good chunk of it.

Catt just snuck in a post... I've been to 5 different Costcos, at this point. My primary one is never "capacity" crowded. The one in Henderson, Nevada had every cashier open, and each line stretched ALL THE WAY through the store. Like 200+ feet long. Every line.
I'd never shop there again, if that was my only store.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I get 1% of all my random purchases back, too. So that's probably a good chunk of it.
Citi Doublecash is 2% back on all purchases, use that instead for those 1% items.
GORDON wrote: The one in Henderson, Nevada had every cashier open, and each line stretched ALL THE WAY through the store. Like 200+ feet long. Every line.
Sounds like ours. Our area has been growing too fast, needs at least 1 more.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by GORDON »

Fuuuuuck that. I'd either find out when they're not crowded, or stop going there. My patience for other people is tested enough as it is.

The cashiers at mine are super fast... is that the problem you see?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unlimited Tickets

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: The cashiers at mine are super fast... is that the problem you see?
I don't actually go. I think my wife hates the crowds more than the cashiers themselves.