South Park

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

New season premiered tonight. A must-see for catt.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Something about the Redskins, right?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:Something about the Redskins, right?

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That's pretty NSFW thing for me to click on.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I was about to say, "But it was on cable TV..."

Then I remembered CC routinely lets South Park get away with quite a bit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There were funny bits in the episode, but I thought it was a bit scattered.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Alhazad

Re: South Park

Post by Alhazad »

I finished watching seasons 18 and 19. I really liked the new emphasis on permanent changes and the characters getting frustrated with the status quo and with each other, but all the same, some of South Park's strongest jokes were its near-instantaneous 'resets'. Like the Fatbeard episode from season 13 where it literally happens in the last minute of the show.

Plus, the writers don't seem to know how to keep the threads tidy with their newfound freedom to carry plots between episodes -- some of them just kind of peter out into unsatisfying oblivion. Could just be growing pains.

It's still one of the only shows worth watching.
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hmm.
Isaac Hayes did not quit South Park; someone quit South Park for him. What happened was that in January 2006 my dad had a stroke and lost the ability to speak. He really didn’t have that much comprehension, and he had to relearn to play the piano and a lot of different things. He was in no position to resign under his own knowledge. At the time, everybody around my father was involved in Scientology — his assistants, the core group of people. So someone quit South Park on Isaac Hayes’ behalf. We don’t know who.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I would kill for some quality UO member berries.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If only the actual Drumpf supporters were as bright as their TV counterparts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
I would kill for some quality UO member berries.
I find the member berries to be the weakest part of the story right now, but I'd buy UO ones in a heartbeat.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

South Park thinks I should vote for Mrs. Bill?
And with “Fort Collins” — Matt Stone and Trey Parker’s last new episode before the real U.S. election — a vote for “President-elect Sandwich” (Clinton’s avatar) is not only a vote against Donald Trump; it also represents a stand against the latest “Star Wars” film, director J.J. Abrams and the entire evil empire that is mind-melting nostalgia.

In this scenario, Trump is not a Nazi as much as he is a Fonzie.

Mr. Garrison, the show’s Trump stand-in, won the political spotlight through button-pushing anger and crass vulgarity. Now enlightened, he appeals to America to not vote for all he represents — a fear-based regression to the familiar. “Remember that every vote for Hillary Clinton,” Garrison tells the nation, “is a vote that shows the world we agree that ‘The Force Awakens’ was more like a ‘Happy Days’ reunion special than a movie.”
While I still say that flick was a lazy retread of Ep IV, that's not enough to shove me over to her ZIP code in Crazytown.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'd say there's some bias in that article, but you know that already. This guy ignores the fact that she's a "turd sandwich", not just a sandwich. He also ignores the fact that they've portrayed her as an incompetent moron whose own people don't believe in her.

I doubt two registered Libertarians mean to endorse Hillary.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This show is awesome. I bet they made one ep for each outcome. I await the unaired one.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

And a subtle Clockwork Orange ref. Fucking mega Zen tits.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:And a subtle Clockwork Orange ref. Fucking mega Zen tits.
Where? I think I missed it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
Malcolm wrote:And a subtle Clockwork Orange ref. Fucking mega Zen tits.
Where? I think I missed it.
It's extremely low-key. When Gerald's having a very nervous dinner with the Trollhunter.com dude, it seems to be a direct reference to Alex being treated to the same hospitality by the author he fucked over earlier in the book. The tone fits perfectly, both diners are expecting to be found out at any point, and both scenes are set up so the suspense of vengeance hangs in the air.