Godzilla: King of the Monsters

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The kid and I discussed it all the way home, which is unusual. There was a lot going on, at times.

We both groaned when he was "burning on reentry" except he'd just been dropped from a few thousand feet. Free falling is not why spacecraft burn up in atmo. I wish filmmakers would learn that already.

I.also thought one of the villains got off super easy.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also I suspected a.major plot twist rightfrom the first trailer. I.hate that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Did you stick around for the post credits scene?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I meant the other villain. That person got to have a little redemption moment after being responsible for killing millions (?). Pretty lame.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Yeah, I meant the other villain. That person got to have a little redemption moment after being responsible for killing millions (?). Pretty lame.
I excused that because of who was involved. Without spoilers, think about all the people on that helicopter. Made sense to not get on it.

The biggest sin, imho, remains the moment after the good guys win the day. How do you write that away? How do you explain the previous movie? Godzilla vs. Kong? Whoever wrote this film has a very half baked idea about how nature works.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The little "swear fealty" moment?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

YEP.

Worst moment of the movie, and possibly the worst moment in entertainment in years.

It completely shreds the first movie, the purpose of the titans, the next movie, and any subsequent movies.

Also, did you get the nod to Mothra's history? It has to do with Dr. Kim.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

A lot zoomed by me fast, we're looking forward to the BD.

I did notice a pair or.twins, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I did notice a pair or.twins, though.
Mothra loves the twins.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.