Marvel Comics

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Since it's a hot topic at the moment, there might be big things coming in the comics.

First, this guy is going to die. For realsies, and it's happening in September. Now clearly it won't stick. It'd be like DC killing off Batman!

Oh shit, that's right. The Motherfucking Batman got his ass killed by Darkseid in the recent past. And then Dick Grayson took over the cowl, and then Batman traveled through time and returned. Dick's back to being Nightwing, and Bruce is back as the Bat.

What a crock of shit though, am I right? Fucking guy wasn't in the ground for 12 months! No way would Marvel be that pussy.

Son of a bitch.

WARNING!!!!! The next two paragraphs might contain a spoiler for Captain America 3, and possibly, Avengers 3. So if you don't want anything spoiled, move on.

Stop me if this sounds familiar: Cap gets his ass killed. [CENSORED] steps into the flag and takes his place. Cap returns not 12 months later, and yada yada yada.

Why is that censored? Well, I'm guessing anyone here with an IQ about 50 knows what it says there even if you've not read the comics...

Spoiler over

That's fine and dandy, but there's only one Wolverine right?

X-23 - Wolverine's clone

Sabretooth - Wolverine's arch nemesis

Daken - Wolverine's son

Lady Deathstrike - Another Wolverine Villain

Sadly, I could continue this, but you get the picture.

Anyway, Wolvie is about to die, but big deal, Spider-Man's died before and was gone from his own comic for the past year or two. No really. Sure, there was a Spider-Man and a Peter Parker, but it was Otto Octavius' conscious. Peter was essentially dead and gone. Weird how he came back right before Spider-Man 2 was released in theaters.

Now this kind of ties into the Thor news. How? This is where it gets interesting. Rumor has it that Marvel is rebooting their line like DC did 5 years ago. There's an event occurring in May 2015 called "Time Runs Out". It's a culmination of stories written by Johnathon Hickman that deal with other universes all seeming to be on a collision course with the Marvel 616 universe. Throw in the hints Marvel has been dropping about time in the Marvel universe being broken by all the time travel, and well, it looks like they're heading for a clean up. All new #1s and whatnot.

So Ms. Thor might not be around that long, which would really showcase her as a stunt. Although, I'm betting if she does well enough, they'll let her survive the coming reboot...if it does indeed come. It won't help her that she doesn't seem to be a part of the Avengers since former Thor is in their promos.

You can google the marvel reboot rumor, but the most interesting piece is Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel's current top writer, responding to it. It's a good read considering he seems to be playing the game.

Edited By Leisher on 1405475944
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Comics

Post by Leisher »

Tony Stark is no longer Iron Man. Now it's a black chick because diversity means getting rid of all the white guys!

Iron Man - Black chick
Hulk - Asian kid
Captain America - Black guy and the old cracker who used to have the shield is a Hydra agent.
Thor - White woman
Wolverine - Dead. His white female clone is the new Wolverine.
Spider-Man - Technically still around, but more of a background player for the black Latino guy in the suit.
Ms Marvel - Muslim girl

To their credit, they did alter a villain for diversity. In one of their alternate universes they made Trump into M.O.D.O.K.

Hooray for diversity where everyone is included except the evil white man!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Iron Man was a black man back in the late 70's or early 80's when Stark climbed into a bottle for a while. Rhodey wore the suit for a bit. And in the CapAm3 movie, Stark was pretty much a girl about halfway through the flick.

But overall I'm with you.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rhodes is dead according to that article.

I don't mind other characters jumping in and out of a suit for a change of pace, but they've completely altered every single one of their main characters. It's fine to do it to some, but not all.

End of the day, people will say the Marvel heroes "didn't look like America", well they still don't. Diversity isn't completely eliminating a sex/race.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I agree. Some of them make sense. Rhodes putting on the armor wasn't a bad call. He'd been in the comics for years and was one of Tony's best friends, knew who he was, etc. Same with Nightwing filling in for Batman (though I think he's done that thre or four times at this point). But doing diversity just for the sake of doing diversity annoys me.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

In DC world, damn near everyone's been Batman for a few days.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

By Hawkeye? Ouch. That's like getting your ass kicked by a 5-year old paraplegic.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bruce's cousin is taking over his title.

A female of course...

White men are just the worst and Marvel comics are doing their best to get rid of them all.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Comics

Post by Leisher »

Brilliantly talented, a bit overrated, and very left wing writer, Brian Michael Bendis, leaving Marvel for DC.

Comic writers do this all the time to challenge themselves and for the opportunity to write new characters. However, the timing here is interesting since Marvel has recently been blasted for all their left wing writers forcing their politics into their work, and their sales suffering as a result.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Comics

Post by Leisher »

Bendis is gone and now EIC Axel Alonso is gone.

Maybe Disney/Marvel are doing some house cleaning after all this SJW bullshit dropped their sales numbers?
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Comics

Post by Leisher »

Marvel resurrects Bruce Banner/Hulk.

They also recently resurrected Wolverine, and from what I understand they're killing the new female Thor.

Seems like they're definitely scale back some of the changes their SJW writers had made.