Record Store Day

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

You dudes get Steam sales twice a year. I get Record Store Day just once, thank jeebus. I own one RSD release, am waiting for another to ship, and I'm going to have ten thousands bitches worth of trouble finding one of the 1500 copies of this, of which I just bought the double clear vinyl kick-ass special edition. Also targeting this. Bright and fucking early Saturday at 10.

Edited By Malcolm on 1460613437
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

...I'm going to have ten thousands bitches worth of trouble finding one of the 1500 copies of this...

Got 2-3 decent leads. Odds are good.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Re: Record Store Day

Post by Malcolm »

Since some other posts seem to be missing...

Had a good haul. Hit two stores.

RSD items:

- two copies of Anastasis, one's strictly ebay fodder. I'm watching many auctions now, will see how it shakes out. So far, even low asking prices are double what I paid. Might wait a month before listing. Found one in the last possible place to look in the first store, and the most obvious place in the second one.

- one copy of KMFDM's Salvation LP in the second store, was buried behind some others in a corner. Stoked about this because it was limited to 1000 and I was pretty sure I wouldn't find it. Need them to come around town again to the same venue as last time. EDIT: Damn, going for as much as $40 on ebay now. Was $11.99 or so.

- one copy of Grave Dancers Union in the first store, now all that's required is waiting for one of Dave Pirner's dozen annual concerts.

- one copy of NOFX's Sid and Nancy. I've gotten wildly different numbers on the availability of this, from 750 to 1000 to 2000 to 3000. Picked it up for a buddy of mine. Unloading it tonight for a tiny profit.

Incidental:

- one sealed copy of the translucent brown/purple LP of Synchronicity by the Police. You can barely tell it's not standard black if you hold it directly up to a decent light source.
Malcolm

Record Store Day

Post by Malcolm »

It's that time already. Up early on the 'morrow.
Malcolm

Record Store Day

Post by Malcolm »

Hit list:
Sting, live at bataclan
Peter Schilling, major tom coming home
Vangelis:blade runner OST
Fawlty Towers
Malcolm

Record Store Day

Post by Malcolm »

Long ass day, but I got the top half dozen items off my hist list (all of the above) plus a Thrice 7" and a U2 "Red Hill Mining Town" 12" pic disc. Was second in line at 5:45am. Stoked I got Fawlty Towers.
Now I just need to arrange to run into John Cleese and\or Connie Booth. Unfortunately, Prunella Scales has Alzheimer's.