Eagles of Death Metal

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

One dude talks about Parisian gun control.
Hughes, an outspoken proponent of the rights of gun owners, was later asked whether the attack had changed his views on the issue, to which he initially responded, "Gun control kind of doesn't have anything to do with it." But he then added: "Did your French gun control stop a single person from dying at the Bataclan? If anyone can answer yes, I'd like to hear it, because I don't think so. I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I've ever seen in my life charging head-first into the face of death with their firearms.

"I know people will disagree with me, but it just seems like God made men and women, and that night guns made them equal," he continued (cribbing an old adage-turned-bumper-sticker slogan about revolver manufacturer Sam Colt). "I think the only way that my mind has been changed is that maybe that until nobody has guns everybody has to have them, because I don't want to see anything like this ever happen again, and I want everyone to have the best chance to live. I saw people die that maybe could have lived. I don't know, but I wish I knew for sure that if they could have had a better chance, because there were some real angels, real wonderful people at that show."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."