Lucid Planet

Audio Tawk
GORDON
Site Admin

Lucid Planet

Post by GORDON »

Sometimes when I am browsing around the internet I will see a recomendation for some act I've never heard of before, and if my curiosity is peeked I will hit youtube and skim through a couple tracks, and if I like it it goes on my amazon wishlist for later purchasing.

The other night I hit my wish list and saw this album on there, I had no memory of putting it on there, but I trusted my instincts and put it in the cart.

https://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Planet/dp/ ... ref=sr_1_1

It's fucking awesome. I would describe it a a blend of ISIS and Tool, but another person on their amazon page described it as, "sort of a Tangerine Dream meets Jefferson Starship meets The Cure trippy kind of vibe."

At any rate, I've had this EP on loop for the last 24 hours. Easy to trance and be creative while it is playing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Lucid Planet

Post by Malcolm »

TD? Well shit, which incarnation? The Starship isn't selling me but the Cure makes me wonder.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Lucid Planet

Post by GORDON »

Also: no wikipedia entry. Strange.
Malcolm

Lucid Planet

Post by Malcolm »

Discogs.com is my new primary reference source for music now. Wikipedia is secondary. Specialization wins. Allmusic.com is a decent first choice alternative.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Lucid Planet

Post by GORDON »

Found out they were an australian band and did everything themselves, from writing to recording to marketing... which is why you never heard of them. That's a shame... they should be famouser. I played it for about 10 days straight.

Here's my fave track on the album.

Here's another good one.

Every track is good, no throwaways.
GORDON
Site Admin

Lucid Planet

Post by GORDON »

GORDON
Site Admin

Lucid Planet

Post by GORDON »

Their entire second album is master-class, and excellent "mood music," if you're into wild shit. Put it on loop if you go a long time like I do.

My girlfriend calls this the "oom-ee-wamma" song.