Chris Cornell

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Chris Cornell

Post by Malcolm »

Dead at 52.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
thibodeaux

Chris Cornell

Post by thibodeaux »

A rock star dying young-ish?

The hell you say.
Malcolm

Chris Cornell

Post by Malcolm »

I'm amazed he made it this long.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Chris Cornell

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Chris Cornell

Post by Malcolm »

I'm slightly pissed now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Chris Cornell

Post by GORDON »

Well everyone knows my opinion about that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Chris Cornell

Post by Malcolm »

I at least got to see him once doing a solo acoustic tour, but I was hoping SG had a few more tours left in them. That was last great dude from the grunge area. Maybe he came to some sort of realization...

... but he was by all accounts together mentally, working on a new album, getting along with his wife and daughter. Just wtf? No notes, no clues, his bandmates don't seem to have any insights.
Malcolm

Chris Cornell

Post by Malcolm »

Tox report says more than a few scripts, including anti-anxiety meds.
Malcolm

Chris Cornell

Post by Malcolm »

Yet another report.
The injuries sustained "were all consistent with hanging, partially suspended by the resistance exercise band."

Additionally, seven different drugs were found in Cornell's post mortem toxicology report, including a significant dose of the anxiety medicine Ativan. However, it is the medical examiner's opinion that "these drugs did not contribute to the cause of death."
The Cornell family has previously blamed the rare side effects of Ativan – which includes suicidal thoughts – for catalyzing the singer's death. However, the medical examiner noted that while the 200 ng/mL level of Ativan in Cornell's blood was well higher than the average 30-50 ng/mL dosage, it was also lower than the 300 ng/mL Ativan blood levels of those whose death are tied to the drug.
Four times the dosage coupled with the fact a couple people who knew him thought he was acting strangely.