Depeche Mode

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Depeche Mode

Post by Malcolm »

Touring again. I'm going to see them. Just have to run numbers this weekend and figure when. Front runners: Vegas, Chicago, Phoenix, all August/September dates. Will be the second concert of theirs I've been at.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Depeche Mode

Post by TheCatt »

Friends are going to DC. I've seen them twice. Back when they were younger, better, and made good music.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Depeche Mode

Post by Malcolm »

Their album quality dropped off considerably after Alan Wilder left. He was the most properly trained musician out of all of them and the only one without major substance abuse issues (by all rights, Dave Gahan should be dead from heroin about four times). After two tours of damn near doing every sound check himself, he got tired and took off after the "Songs of Faith and Devotion" tour in the mid '90s. And yeah, they haven't come close to their heyday which coincidentally started right around when Vince Clarke left and Alan joined ... and ended when Alan left.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Depeche Mode

Post by Malcolm »

Looks like Chicago wins this one, too. August 30th. I hate Spirit, but for $50 cheaper than the nearest plane, I'll take it. Only drag is it's in the middle of the week on a damned Wednesday.
Malcolm

Depeche Mode

Post by Malcolm »

All arrangements made.
Malcolm

Depeche Mode

Post by Malcolm »

Wednesday. Setlist looks respectable, well ... aside from the five songs from the new album.

5 from Spirit
3 from Violator
3 from SFD
2 from Black Celebration
2 from Sounds of the Universe (actually not that bad)
2 from Ultra
1 each from Construction Time Again (Everything fucking Counts), Music for the Masses, Playing the Angel, Some Great Reward

Also looks like they're covering "Heroes."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Depeche Mode

Post by TheCatt »

Glad I saw them when I did then.
It's not me, it's someone else.