Toad the Wet Sprocket

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Could also swear there was a thread for this. It's the 25th anniversary of the release of the album "Fear." Naturally, their tour takes them nowhere near here so I have to find an excuse to check them elsewhere.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Re: Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Thus far, Dayon, OH, on September 2nd is in the lead.

EDIT: Unless I'm going to that other show on the 2nd in Denver. If that's out, it might be the Philly outskirts on August 27th.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Flights are going to be brutal. Early and with layovers in fucking Chicago. Got a mix of LPs and single to get signed.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dayton public transit blows. Two fucking hours to get ten miles as the crow flies.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Looks like I'll have to go Uber/Lyft. The cab fare out there isn't even close.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Caught them pre-show. Two more signed LPs. Their drummer is the tiniest dude I think I've ever met in person. He's 4'8" on a tall day.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Opener is Rusted Root. Very jam bandy. Also, Toad's setlist says they're playing Fear in its entirety. Scored free apps and booze at the venue.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Looks like they've been running with two versions of the setlist. One tonight did not have the full album, which means I missed two of my favourite lesser known songs of theirs. Eh. Still a great show, worth the 72 hours of semi-linked consciousness and microsleep attacks.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Damn near lost my phone and broke my ankle today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Whoa. Haven't seen/heard of Rusted Root in forever. Saw them in the 90's?
Damn near lost my phone and broke my ankle today.
Story time?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Given the incredibly shitty Dayton public transit, I decided to uber it. Worked well. Given the ass-rape parking prices the MSP airport charges, I might use them from now on.
Story time?
The phone thing is boring. I almost left it on the bench outside the departure area while leaving the airport. Checked my pockets just as the driver was pulling away. Circled back and got it. As for the ankle...
As I was walking down one of the roads with no discernible sidewalk, I step on one of these fuckers and realize a bit too late it appears wobbly and not quite set in place. My leg came down on a corner of the grate and gravity tried to drag it below like some overgrown trapdoor spider. Newtonian physics, being the bitch it is, then proceeded to rotate grate almost a full 180 degrees around its diagonal axis. I say "almost" because it was just barely making its way past a critical tipping point as I was extricating my leg from the abyss and it slammed down on my ankle. Got lightly scraped up, too.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

After the caffeine permeated my cells, I noticed one sig on one of the LPs got smudged. Just goddamnit.
Malcolm

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Vic Theatre, Chicago, July 14th. I'll be going to another Toad show. Getting that album fixed, too, goddamnit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by TheCatt »

This is the shittiest band you've posted yet.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Fuckest thou. Pequod's is close by the Vic, though.
Malcolm

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Hotel, ticket for show, and travel has been arranged. Now for the obscenely expensive import record.
Malcolm

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote: Now for the obscenely expensive import record.
And done. Now for the way, way cheaper record.
Malcolm

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Second show of the tour. Setlist looks very good.
Malcolm

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Malcolm »

Their drummer had a 4th of July accident and won't be joining them until August. So goddamnit, I have two albums I need to get that last sig on. Other than that, solid show. Landed a 11" x 17" poster.