Prince

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Re: Prince

Post by Malcolm »

Drug theories.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Gene apologizes.
"I think Prince was heads, hands and feet above all the rest of them," he said. "I thought he left [Michael] Jackson in the dust. Prince was way beyond that. But how pathetic that he killed himself. Don't kid yourself, that's what he did. Slowly, I'll grant you... but that's what drugs and alcohol is: a slow death."

Kudos to Paul, fuck you Bruce
How you supposed to rock ‘n’ roll without substance abuse
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

He isn't wrong, unless you think having it all and still killing yourself with drugs isn't pathetic.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lemmy drank Jack regularly and did more than his fair share of acid, coke, speed, and I can only speculate what else. Died in his home, surrounded by his family, playing his favourite vid game after 70 years of routine drug abuse. Keith Richards is going in spite of looking dead since Bridges to Babylon. He can still play. Those are just people who liked to party. Prince had a legit hip problem that was complicated by his insane religion and its equally insane beliefs on blood transfusions. Of course, maybe the motherfucker shouldn't have worn so many high heels.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

None of what you said about his death doesn't sound pathetic to me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gene was insensitive, but he's got a point.

I mean, we could compare lists of famous ODs vs "survivors" for a long time, but does it really matter that some people can survive self inflicted abuse while others can't?

I mean, this would be like arguing how awesome Russian roulette is because some folks are luckier than others and have survived multiple games of it.

People can choose to live however the fuck they want. I don't give a shit as long as it doesn't affect others. However, let's not pretend that whether it be by Jack Daniel's, cocaine, Big Mac, laziness, Russian roulette, or whatever these folks aren't slowly killing themselves. When you do something that can prematurely remove you from Earth and punish those around you, you're probably being selfish.

If you're climbing aboard a space shuttle to push the limits of where mankind can go and something goes wrong, that's a sacrifice. It sucks and you were probably being selfish, but you were being selfless at the same time. If you're snorting coke off a toilet in the shitter of a 7-11 and you OD, there's nothing glamorous about your death. There's no point to it.

And I think that's what Gene was trying to say. It was preventable and served no purpose.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think those slamming Gene are in two big groups:

1. KISS SUCKS AND GENE SIMMONS IS A DICK THEREFORE WHATEVER HE SAYS IS WRONG,

and

2. "I just don't choose to believe that being rich and successful but still needing to self-medicate until you die is pathetic."

Hey, if you are terminally ill, or sick and in constant pain, or even if your life just sucks, hey, go for it. I understand, But people like Prince... and Paul Walker.... they have it all, and they flush it all down the toilet doing stupid shit. I will never respect that.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Paul wasn't driving. Prince was in constant pain without his meds. That's the fault of his religion and performance style more than anything else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, Paul Walker died because he agreed to let other folks drive him around for charity. His death was dumb, but not his fault.

As for Prince, if he did it to himself like way too many other well off folks, then it was a stupid death. However, if he was under a physician's care and that person(s) made a mistake, ala Michael Jackson, then the death was dumb, but the responsibility is off Prince.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Dead at 57 twenty minutes from where I live, probably right around the time I got home or shortly thereafter.
I may be right.
The publication also says a source revealed that a paramedic responding to the 911 call from Prince's estate told law enforcement officers, staff and others at the scene that Prince may have been dead for at least six hours before his body was discovered in an elevator at Paisley Park.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Other times the cops got calls from Prince's place.

Opioids all but confirmed.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fentanyl, which is one of the most concentrated painkillers you can get. That's what they use to juice heroin that's been cut too much.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

More of Prince's kids show up.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The real winners.
Doug Peterson, an attorney for Bremer Trust, the company chosen to oversee the estate, told a Carver County judge on Tuesday that taxes equal to half of the cash value of the state are due to both Minnesota and the government, according to NBC News.
Seems legit.
Malcolm

Prince

Post by Malcolm »

Word is Prince had enough unreleased material for 100 albums. Going to shatter the fuck out of Tupac's record.