Rust - A thread for dying

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Would you really have a clue what I was talking about if I described it? Do you even Rust bro?
Well, no and no.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What to see what the buildings in Rust are like these days? Check out this massive base.

https://youtu.be/DDIHZX1UBzM

Also, they're now working on playable instruments.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Good video

https://youtu.be/gsHFLFgR7LM
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/HbO8IvlbHTg
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hey Stranger...

https://youtu.be/rMUkhKv5Zb8
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Wow! looks like they really upped the ante on putting instruments in the game, cool!

I remember my crappy looking acoustic that would play maybe 4 notes. I'd walk around with you and Cake playing some sweet melodious sonnet and you'd get pissed. i think you even put a bullet in my head once, just like in the video.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have zero interest in the DLC, but I bought it just to support Facepunch who made a game I've got well over 4000 hours in...
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: I have zero interest in the DLC, but I bought it just to support Facepunch who made a game I've got well over 4000 hours in...
Dizzam. I thought my 1k was a lot. I know Rust is a game you can leave running AFK while in your house and just listen for noises, though.

e: I noticed Mac ppl got access to the game. Did that start a new wave of newbies?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They've been steadily in the 40K active players range for years. Rust comes to consoles soon, and that should result in a huge influx of newbies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is Garry of Garry's Mod and Rust.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Jesus someone create some new content on this sub so I stop clicking on this one and accidentally read this Twitter post again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Jesus someone create some new content on this sub so I stop clicking on this one and accidentally read this Twitter post again.
Leisher and I could talk about PCs?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah do that
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I heard Picard plays Rust on a Surface Mac Book 20.

Here's something new Troy: Rust's devs have unintentionally murdered the game for solo players. A lot of their new monuments are geared specifically for groups. Also, now that the game has helicopters, minicopters, boats, and horses the game world is MUCH smaller. Cars are coming soon.

Also coming soon is the return of the circular road. Remember that? Not sure how they're going to do it, but apparently the maps will be procedurally generated, but will now contain the familiar, to legacy players, road ring around the island. All monuments will be on the ring. Apparently, this means the tank is going to start traveling around the island as well...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Why would Picard play Rust on anything except a Holodeck?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Because it's always booked by Riker fucking simulations and Data playing Sherlock Holmes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wonder who has to mop up all the jizz after Riker is done with the holodeck.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: I wonder who has to mop up all the jizz after Riker is done with the holodeck.
Definitely Wesley Crusher!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Huge change to turrets.

https://youtu.be/pBAT2EAPoKI