Rust - A thread for dying

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Do the areas of interest on the maps change between servers/wipes? I'm guessing the locations do, but I'm talking about the exact layout. For instance, the reactor area. Are the buildings, towers, tunnels, etc always the same?

One of our bigger problems last night was communicating enemy locations. "He's near the larger red building". "He's in the tunnel thing leading up from that one place". I'm hoping learning the layout of those areas, and maybe coming up with our own naming scheme is possible. "He's where the med crate spawns" "He at the stairs leading to the office" etc. More specific locations. Last night "He's by the red building". "Ok, I see three red buildings" "The one with some white on it" etc. By the time we figure out what building we were talking about, they are no longer there, or we are dead.

Plus, learning to aim. I need to check the combat log to see if I'm hitting anything more often. Because I feel like I'm not hitting shit.
The monuments are still the same layout. They may be oriented differently or in completely different locations - snow, desert, etc. There are three general tiers of areas. Tier 1 is where you spawn, usually desert and monuments like the Harbor and Gas Stations. Tier 2 is the areas near the NPC towns, and good monuments like Dome, Sewer Branch. Tier 3 is usually the snow, and has Power Plant (our monument) and Launch Site, the best loot is here.

2 Oil rigs will spawn off shore near any zone, so they are a wild card.

So if we come up with slang names for frequently visited monuments we'll keep that knowledge.

There are servers that are like gun ranges - search for "UKN" modded servers for shooting practice.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Base got raided last night. No big deal. 4 rockets + 2 c4 worth, the content of an attack helicopter takedown probably.

All they did was break into the shooting floor and damage the battery backups.

I got a notification on my phone - didn't see it so was 10m late logging in. Logged on and had an actual pleasant chat with them (like 6 dudes) about electricty,

They told me they ran out of explosives and wanted to know what they could have gotten :lol: . End of wipe fun.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ran cargo as a solo towards end of wipe and we were loaded. Here's the best haul from running the ship. First two guns in the hot bar I brought with me.

Not going to be around for wipe so may take this month off :wink:
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Of course. . . . just as I fire it up and get ready for the new start. . . you get bored with the game and move on!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Of course. . . . just as I fire it up and get ready for the new start. . . you get bored with the game and move on!
Haha NO! Just this weekend. The wink was ironical.

e: Oh and just before server wipe I blew all our scrap on 3 helicopters and tried to fly them back to the roof of the base. 2 made it!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Let me know if you get going again.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Let me know if you get going again.
Messed a bit earlier in week but think I will wait for Thursday wipe for a new server.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Let me know if you get going again.
That same server, Skial.com seems like a good choice, medium pop and a little more chill than the officials.

I may try to run oil/cargo tonight so I can get some BPs for Thursday wipe.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cargo gets you rich so fast. I put down a little boat base early in the week and expanded it after a few cargo hauls last night. I converted the sweet loot into scrap and bought materials.

Here's my ice base fortress of solitude. Base ended up having doable boat docks, bolt turrets, a windmill, heaters and lighting, and of course I have the 50 cal too :)

You can't even approach the base without getting wet and cold. The twig half wall hides an active bolt turret. So when the turret tracks a player it will shoot out the twig and beam them.

I never got attacked in the current upgraded state. Some dudes came along early wipe and blew a few doors and then died from the cold/exposure. True story. Little shits broke my furnaces. Server wipes today.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nice looking base.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Buncha setbacks today, raided all the way down to our equipment locker. But our main loot room is intact.

Hey Cake check out this effective way of collecting metal ore and tools I found tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BrDX6fXKG4&ab_channel=TroyS

E: oof - not my best shooting :lol:
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

My son was still laughing yesterday about me playing the game with naked people running around.

Also, had to explain the game to my wife after he ratted me out..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Snitches get stitches?

Or wait to get your payback when he's a teenager?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: My son was still laughing yesterday about me playing the game with naked people running around.

Also, had to explain the game to my wife after he ratted me out..
"No homo" ?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Good kills Troy.
Stranger wrote: My son was still laughing yesterday about me playing the game with naked people running around.
My kids have reacted the same way.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/hcL-4bDHyFg
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: https://youtu.be/hcL-4bDHyFg
Very cool, I'd love to try that server. I've done Bed Wars a few times, which is a 4x 4 man team free for all, but it's kind of messy with strangers.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You should do a deep dive on MiketheVike's YouTube page. He's the guy behind that video.

He visits some insanely creative servers. He also does base tours that showcase some amazing designs and great ideas.
Troy

Post by Troy »

After a few quiet cargo runs I had one with some gunfights and a counter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RmG6IeKlKM&ab_channel=TroyS
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What the actual fuck?

https://youtu.be/iHuDPavunaQ