Borderlands 2

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote:Joy puke.
Do you even play video games anymore?... ???
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I didnt leave the gaming group, the gaming group left me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

... i do miss the good ol' days too.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:I didnt leave the gaming group, the gaming group left me.

To be fair...

I was the one that left LoL. Why everyone else quit is on them. It's not like I was the fifth guy on a 5 man team. I was the fourth on a 5 man team...

You have continued to play LoL, well ARAM, without us. You have even gone on record as saying you enjoy it more because there's no pressure, and nobody's giving you shit for underperforming, and if they do, you mute them. (I get that, and all that was part of why I left LoL in the first place.)

However, you can't say we haven't done a lot, including actually buying you games, to keep you involved in the group.

And to be really fair, there's nothing out right now that has everyone's attention.

Edited By Leisher on 1401997546
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:And to be really fair, there's nothing out right now that has everyone's attention.
I wasn't the one giving me a hard time about it.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Agreeing with Gordon. I still play video games. But got too hard to try to get the group together.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote:And to be really fair, there's nothing out right now that has everyone's attention.
Who was giving who a hard time about what?
Agreeing with Gordon. I still play video games. But got too hard to try to get the group together.

Agreeing with him about what? Seriously. That comment makes zero sense to me. Quote his exact words you agree with and paste them in your response.

Here are your options:
I didnt leave the gaming group, the gaming group left me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:
GORDON wrote:Joy puke.
Do you even play video games anymore?... ???
Did you miss this?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was referring to "group quit me", but I would also agree with "hard time about it". So, both at this point.

Leisher and Stranger quit LoL, making LoL impossible to play as a group. Group moves on. Played a few games, none of which grabbed the group by the balls, but the group had fun playing. MW was tried, again, didn't grab group by the balls. But it did grab Leisher and Stranger. Leisher and Stranger play that game all of the time with slight distraction by Rust (another game with no group ball grabbing) but make it clear that MW has their balls and that's where they want to be. It was made clear that the game is better without me as well, so I move on. Half the group is balling MW, the other half has no home for their balls and are playing the field. One with an old ball holder.

In summary, Leisher and Stranger are balls deep in MW and have made it clear that is their primary game right now. Until MW lets go of their balls, the group won't play another game.

The band broke up with two members joining another band, and the other two not having a band to join because they are waiting for the original band to get back together and start making sweet sweet music again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ah, well that's kind of accurate, but not 100% accurate.
Leisher and Stranger quit LoL,

He still plays.

making LoL impossible to play as a group

Hard to play with 4 anyway. Everyone else we played with has also quit or just quit us.

Played a few games, none of which grabbed the group by the balls, but the group had fun playing.

Truth. We need another Steam sale so we can try some more.

Leisher and Stranger play that game all of the time with slight distraction by Rust

Rust and other single player games. Totally off Rust at the moment though.

It was made clear that the game is better without me as well, so I move on.

Actually, all I did was ask you not to constantly be negative about a game I enjoyed. If you take that as "the game is better without you", that's a you problem. I didn't think it was too much to ask. I never saw your declaration of quitting, and just assumed you were too busy to play lately.

It's funny because I remember you having that same conversation about LoL where you were in my shoes. Twice.

the other half has no home for their balls and are playing the field. One with an old ball holder.

I have not been made aware of any other attempts at games, and it has been very clearly spelled out to me that I and others are not particularly welcome back in LoL.

Until MW lets go of their balls, the group won't play another game.

I have made it quite clear that I'm more than willing to play group games, but nobody is suggesting anything. Hell, I just posted about trying World of Tanks if we were so inclined among other games. I still have games installed on my system that I simply do not want, but keep them just in case we multi. (I just looked, and that number is 7.)

The band broke up with two members joining another band, and the other two not having a band to join because they are waiting for the original band to get back together and start making sweet sweet music again.

Aren't you the one who wouldn't show up during our hey day in LoL because you were multiing something with another group? And also the one who tried to start another band in LoL in December?

I posted most recently about wanting to multi. It was ignored. I spoke with Gordon (A guy I've bought games for) at length about it at lunch, again mentioning WoT if that would get him playing. I told Rifle again this weekend that I won't play without you guys. Stranger and I talk a lot about wishing we'd all play something again. You and I discussed it as well, but lamented the fact that we can't get everyone to agree on something.

I'm not blaming anyone, but I'm definitely pointing out that I'm not the problem here.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I will only add that I sit by my phone every night, waiting for someone to call. And no one does.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I didn't think my one remark would spark this conversation. I just said that because i haven't seen Gordo online in a while, and Cake even less than that. Thats just according to Steam of course. To tell you the truth i haven't even been playing much of anything latley myself. If i do play its MW:O for a few matches and maybe a game of LOL, but that is pretty rare.

I don't think that anybody has ever been told not to play any games, and that is pretty rediculous if that was the case. Infact one of the main reasons i haven't played any games as much lately is because i get bored playing alone.

In all honesty, nobody left the group, nobody told others they weren't welcome to join in a game, and its nobody's fault that we haven't been playing. We played LOL for a good 3 years, that wasn't gonna last forever. Its the longest i think i have played any game so that says alot for me cause i don't usually stick to a game for that long. So now, like Cake says, we are looking for something to take us by the balls, all of us.. and that just hasn't happened yet.

I'm always up for any suggestions, but there haven't been any offered up as of late. I think that MW:O could be fun in the future but i think its got another 6 months before things really get going there. I'd always play LOL again if people wanted, but i think that ship has sailed and i can understand that. So if there are any other suggestions i'm all ears. Maybe we can continue this discussion in another thread.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stupid question:

I reinstalled Borderlands 2 in order to refresh my memory of the game. None of my old save games are there, but my characters still are. Someone bought me the season pass, but I never launched any of it.... I want to, now. But I don't seem to be able to. I go into downloadable content, and a lot of it is set as "Purchased," but how do I launch it? Doesn't seem to be an option.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Never mind, I googled it.

I may have to run the entire game over again to get access to these other areas in the fast travel system, since my save games aren't here.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Nope, fast travel system fully updated.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

In the other thread I was talking about why Borderlands was a great game... this Cracked article goes into a lot more detail but they pretty much say I am right about all things.

http://www.cracked.com/blog....fanpage

So clearly: Borderlands 2 is the end result of a long history of psychological exploitation in the media. It is all the worst elements of addiction and consumerism, twisted and presented as harmless entertainment. It is an unrelenting knife twisting in the wound of our own vices.

And you know what? It's totally fucking fantastic.

Literally every other piece of dialogue is snarkily acknowledging these tricks. In the Borderlands universe, when you die, you respawn at a save point that charges you a small fee for bringing you back from death. Every single time it happens, the fictional company in charge of the resurrection machine plays a little message thanking you for dying, and politely encouraging you to run off and make the same mistake again, or to seek vengeance on the party that just killed you. That company, by the way, is also one of the major weapons manufacturers. In one of the better snippets of writing, a calm, feminine voice gently suggests that, if you're going to seek vengeance anyway, why not buy one of their guns to do it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So for Valentine's Day... my wife got me... Borderlands 2 with all the DLC!

You know, this game is still awesome. We've been co-oping it ever since, and finished a week or two ago. We did Torgue's campaign during the play-through, and then did Tina's afterward. Tina's DLC may be my favorite so far.

Now we're replaying in True Vault Hunter Mode, at around level 41. The game now goes up to level 72, with Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re:

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:Still love this game.. i have all of the DLC's, the ultimate vault hunter upgrade 2 (so i can level to 72) and just recently picked up the last two headhunter packs. Just gotta start playing it again.
How far did you end up leveling?

My wife and I hit 50, and the noticed a massive XP slowdown in TVHM. All mission XPs were dropped by an order of magnitude. We had been doing Scarlett's DLC, but decided to just finish the game really fast (literally running through missions, etc) and finished last night. We managed to gain 1 level over those several days of playing.

We restarted last night in Ultimate VHM, and the XP was back, thank goodness. We're at 51, which I never did beforehand.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re:

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:So far i'm loving the new DLC. The D&D theme, music, and just anything goes cause its all in Tiny Tina's made up world is just fantastic.. But i caught a line that Axton said at one part aaaaaaaannnndd, i think he's gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that)...

Tiny Tina: "With the Sorcerer's tower in sight, you think of what you're going to spend your reward money on once you rescue the queen."

Axton: "Guns and ladies. And sometimes dudes."
Tina's DLC has been my favorite. I've played all except Hammerlock. torgue's is interesting, but a little tedious.