Borderlands 2

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by Stranger »

How far did you end up leveling?
It's been a while since I've played but I want to say I got to level 56 before I stopped and that happened because I got bored playing solo all the time. Its a much better game when you have someone to run with.

level 1-30 is for the first playthrough 30-50 is for TVHM and then 50+ is meant for UVHM. That was another one of the reasons I stopped playing.. UVHM was so F-N hard solo! The enemies just seemed like bullet sponges. You have to slag just about every enemy then finish them off with the appropriate weapon for the enemy type. Much easier when you have two people, one can slag the other can burn, explode ect..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Gotcha. I'm playing Axton, and my turret auto-slags everyone. So far UVHM has not been very hard, but we're just into the very first missions.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I also played Axton and Leisher did too, so we all play the gay character! I always wanted to play a game with 4 Axton's, I could only imagine the damage output with all 4 turrets deployed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

HAH! I like what how that works...

gay
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've working to get up to level 56, since that's where I get TWO turrets!

Man, we died today fighting bullymongs. We were trying to hurt them, then finish them in melee (bad hair day mission)... and that's a hard line to walk. Killing them outright wasn't so hard.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh wow... it got a lot harder once you get past those first 5 missions or so. Getting up Flynt's ship is a bitch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

After Flynt, my wife and I re-calibrated our strategy, and improved our communication and teamwork dramatically. We die a lot less now, and are up to level 55. Levels are slow. We used to get a level a night (1-2 hours), now it takes about 3-4 nights. Current goal is level 57 so I can max out 2 skill trees.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Last night we got 1 more level in only 3 hours.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Made it to level 60, 1 short of the UVHM cap, bought the UVHM 2 cap (not part of season pass, a bit disappointing), which goes to level 72.

We've been leveling pretty well since we got our strategy straight. We die much less frequently, too. Back to 1 level ~2-3 hours.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My wife and I have gotten really, really good at this game and playing together.

At level 50 in TVHM we had the Angels fear to Tread mission (where you storm Hyperion, then "rescue" Angel"). We died about 6 times each that we had to re-spawn for (unable to revive each other) that mission. It was awful.

At level 70 in UVHM we had it again. We each did twice, but were able to revive each other. No real deaths.

There are a few fights that are pretty much impossible, but they have been optional missions (Blue, for instance). Or, may have been possible if we'd been willing to give an hour of our lives. In fact, one mission did take us 45 minutes to fight one boss once. The worst part is that net of loot, we lost about $4.5 M on ammo replenishments.
Troy

Post by Troy »

How does playing together work as far as hardware? If we play a game I always get stuck with the laptop.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote:How does playing together work as far as hardware? If we play a game I always get stuck with the laptop.
We are playing same-screen. My wife bought it for me for the XBox 360, so we do side-split.

It's not ideal. I proposed the laptop solution, but my realized that being able to see each other's screen helps communication.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

That's how I played BL1. Worlds of difference compared to the BL2 run with Cake, G, and Leish.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:That's how I played BL1. Worlds of difference compared to the BL2 run with Cake, G, and Leish.
Thanks for that detailed comparison.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

You already stated the major reason. That's pretty much it. I learned that back when I used to go to 4v4 Halo parties.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

That shit was wack,
fin.

- malcom
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Wife and I have made it to level 72. After 72, there are 8 OP levels. These levels bring new items + higher level enemies, BUT YOU DO NOT LEVEL. No more skill points and no more health.

Each OP level is gained by beating an arena-like challenge called Digistruct Peak. There are several subsections, and you encounter familiar enemies (skags, spiders, loaders, etc) + some bosses (Scorch, 1 or 2 others so far), and then all 4 Assassins from one of the optional missions are the final battle the first few times.

OP 1 was not too hard. Wife and I made it through without issue in less than an hour.
OP 2 was VERY hard. Wife and I died a few times, primarily due to slagged spiders (which are immune to slag effects, which makes killing anything super-hard in UVHM).

We took a break and farmed weapons for a while, getting some good orange weapons, finally.

At that point OP2 was not too hard. We farmed some more, and went for OP3.

OP3 was a mix of not hard (85%) with VERY HARD (15%), and tons of planes, which give shields to animals that typically do not have shields. We made it through the first time, but it was close.

At this point, we are farming for better loot. We went back and did some of Tiny Tina's DLC, and with the new loot, we can terrorize the dungeons pretty easily. We typically die a few times, but can res each other. (The best shield in the game has a very small capacity, but amps your damage significantly).

At any rate: This game is still fun, and we're now trying to figure out how to beat the Invincible bosses and get to OP8.
Stranger

Borderlands 2

Post by Stranger »

I got back into this game recently. My step son wanted to play it with me and i was down with it, but the problem is you can't co-op on the same PC. But i did find someone on the wonderful internet that found a workaround for this.

Basically you open two instances of the client on your PC at once and you can then set your online options to LAN and group up together. if you have two screens you can put each player on their own screen, he plays with an xbox controller i on the keyboard and mouse. I had to turn down some of the graphics options as B2 will put your PC to the test when your running 2 versions of the game at the same time, but it worked pretty well. It does have some minor bugs that come along with it, like sometimes my mouse will click on his screen minimizing my window and starts controlling his but i can live with it.

But if anyone is interested in playing this oldie again i'd be down. We can start from the beginning or i've got different characters at various levels. Also, i've got something like 70 golden keys.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!