Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I used my wired, and it worked well. YMMV on wireless. Like Stranger, I did it for gaming with the kids
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Games awards on on Steam right now. Watch and you could win one of a thousand games they're giving away.

Zackary Levi (Chuck) was presenting an award and went to read the winner, but said he needed to pay a microtransaction fee to unlock the winner. Nice.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Thanks for the heads up. Watching. With 130k other people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Associated giveaway from AMD. You can enter daily until Jan 7th.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There have been a few sales and contests during the broadcast.

One guy was just clearly drunk. Literally said "Fuck the Oscars" while flipping off the camera.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

lol.

I left it open on my machine and went to bed, I dont see that I won anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I played Rust while watching.

It was uncomfortable to watch a lot of it. Mainly because the folks don't seem to know what they're doing. One lady got honored and went on a long rambling speech. I was waiting for the music to queue her to get off stage, but it never came. The non-stop cursing is something that's got to go. If you don't take it seriously, why will anyone else. Plus, it was HEAVY on console games. That market is more kids, so why are you cursing like a drunken sailor?

PC games need their own show or we need to unite the gaming world under one platform.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Noticed in my steam store that there is a full-loot, openworld, UO-like game out in 2017 I haven't tried yet. It's "Dark and Light"

Bought it this morning to DL during work. Planning to fire it up when I get home.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let us know. We've been searching for a new game.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Let us know. We've been searching for a new game.
From reading, it's going to be taming heavy. Dragon taming as the end game for certain classes is always an interesting mechanic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

THE SALE IS ON
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've made more than TWO DOLLARS selling the Steam cards I've earned.

Suck it, bitcoin.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher, what did you think of West of Loathing?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I just bought it. Haven't played it yet, but the reviews have been pretty strong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I just bought it. Haven't played it yet, but the reviews have been pretty strong.
I played the Kingdom of Loathing way back when, it was cute. Was thinking of piking up this one.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I've made more than TWO DOLLARS selling the Steam cards I've earned.

Suck it, bitcoin.
FOUR DOLLARS!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So far I've bought around $60 in games. I think 16-17 games.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Active users passes 18 million up 30% from a year ago.

Somebody let TV know where all their viewers are...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The Lunar Sale has begun.