Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That video's awesome. I wonder how many people exploited that for discounts.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: everyone on Team Corgi is a cheating piece of shit.
But still winning :)
What free games have you won?
TheCatt wrote: That video's awesome. I wonder how many people exploited that for discounts.
How many people are on Team Corgi?

Every single exploit video and screenshot I've seen, guess whose team they're on...

I'm honestly more irritated that the event has completely broken Steam levels. Sure, they ultimately mean nothing, but it was a source of pride. It was part of why I would put badges together.

Valve's event has completely fucked that up and removed all credibility from it, thus it's something I will no longer engage in.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What free games have you won?
:( None. Ever. In any of these damned contests.
Leisher wrote: Every single exploit video and screenshot I've seen, guess whose team they're on.
BIG MO
Leisher wrote: I'm honestly more irritated that the event has completely broken Steam levels. Sure, they ultimately mean nothing, but it was a source of pride. It was part of why I would put badges together.
Eh. I've never cared what my level is.

That being said, the exploit is limited by your gas tank size. So I could only get 100 pts a day without more effort or spending.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: None. Ever. In any of these damned contests.
Looser.
TheCatt wrote: That being said, the exploit is limited by your gas tank size. So I could only get 100 pts a day without more effort or spending.
There are apparently people who have 4 games on their entire account with 100K gas tanks.

This is one busted ass event and both the Steam forums and their Twitter feed is filled with people bitching.

What a clusterfuck. Not only does the event fuck people out of the chance for free games, but apparently lots of people out there were really into their level and this event has basically made all their efforts meaningless.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Looser
Sadly true. Have you won anything?
Leisher wrote: What a clusterfuck. Not only does the event fuck people out of the chance for free games, but apparently lots of people out there were really into their level and this event has basically made all their efforts meaningless.
Eh. I like it. It's new and different and more exciting (even if failed), that browsing through 3 discovery queues to earn $0.15
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Have you won anything?
I have over 800 games. I don't even know how I'd know if I did. I just learned you can order your wishlist... So, while I don't actually know if I've ever won anything, it's possible I have and it was some $1.50 game because I didn't know Steam picks from the top of your Wishlist order.
TheCatt wrote: It's new and different and more exciting (even if failed), that browsing through 3 discovery queues to earn $0.15
I miss the discovery queues. I actually discovered games. This event just has me playing games I own already. How is that drumming up sales? Combine it with zero chance of winning the event and levels now meaning nothing and I think it cannot be classified as anything but a colossal failure for Valve.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I miss the discovery queues. I actually discovered games.
I think I discovered about 1 game. Maybe 2. And I never bought them.
Leisher wrote: This event just has me playing games I own already.
This event has me doing nothing. Which is nice :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: This event has me doing nothing. Which is nice
Ha! Me too and I both hate it and like it.

It tells me to play games I'm already playing...done.

Meanwhile, there are no daily tasks for me to do. Not that it would do me much good anyway since I'm not on team cheater.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: cheater
Something wrong with your PC? You keep misspelling winner.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: cheater
Something wrong with your PC? You keep misspelling winner.
You're not that until the cheating actually benefits you.

I guess people have been booted from Corgi and others claim their points disappeared. Others are claiming Valve is kind of giving up during the event.

I think Valve might remove a bunch of people's earned points and levels post event.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A well put together video recommending games and breaking down what they're about.

https://youtu.be/JKL11uEqSNQ
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sale is ending and races are over.

To apologize for the errors, they're giving away the top game to 5,000 additional players. I guess that happens after the sale ends, so adjust your lists accordingly.

Cyberpunk 2077 is sitting at the top of mine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: To apologize for the errors, they're giving away the top game to 5,000 additional players. I guess that happens after the sale ends, so adjust your lists accordingly.

Cyberpunk 2077 is sitting at the top of mine.
Thanks for the heads up, same.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I currently have 9 games in my cart. $27 total.

I buy them low as I don't know what higher priced games I'll be receiving in my next Humble Bundles.

I have store credit that will cover it.

I'm hesitating because this sale was so bad I don't want these purchases to be associated with it. Should I save these purchases for the next event/sale?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I currently have 9 games in my cart. $27 total.

I buy them low as I don't know what higher priced games I'll be receiving in my next Humble Bundles.

I have store credit that will cover it.

I'm hesitating because this sale was so bad I don't want these purchases to be associated with it. Should I save these purchases for the next event/sale?
I had the exact same dilemma, but went ahead and ordered cuz I don't know when I'll want to play them, but probably before the Winter Sale.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I did not make the purchase.

It helped that I went to lunch and forgot about them. I returned with three minutes to go and removed them all from my cart. Valve needed to be punished for that event, and that was the least I could do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There's a Halloween sale going on with "events".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Autumn sale has begun along with awards to nominate.