Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You bastard! I want to trade with you!
I think I can trade... I just can't sell. Did you try trading with me?

Ah, nope. Can't trade. But the cards are good until the end of August if you need something to complete your badge. I'll be able to trade around 7/15
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: You bastard! I want to trade with you!
I can trade now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Noted for the next sale. I was able to dump or craft all my summer trading cards.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Noted for the next sale. I was able to dump or craft all my summer trading cards.
BAH.

Guess I'll go pick up my nickles now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Free Walking Dead Season 2
3NR8E-VHL6E-KV4X6
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Went to go get it just now. Someone already had it, but it still attempted to install? I stopped it because I don't want a demo installing, which is what I would do if I were them and someone used a bad key.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Went to go get it just now. Someone already had it, but it still attempted to install? I stopped it because I don't want a demo installing, which is what I would do if I were them and someone used a bad key.
Hmmm. I tried to redeem it yesterday and Steam told me I already owned it, and then it said Click Next to Install.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

According to Steam, you, Cake, and TPR already own it. So you probably got a notice that YOU already own it, and then it said Next to Install, like it did for me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have too many games.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

To begin cracking down on key requests.

This could affect kickstarter game funding, Humble bundle, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Steam Halloween Sale: October 26, 2017 - November 1, 2017

Steam Autumn Sale: November 22, 2017 - November 28, 2017

Steam Winter Sale: December 21, 2017 - January, 2018
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Developers tell Valve what they think of Steam.

This is a long, but fascinating article.

My biggest take away from the quick scan I was just allowed is that I completely agree that Steam is releasing too many games. They need to take a page out of Nintendo's book and get far more stringent on what games they allow. Don't go full Nintendo and "quality yourself out of the market", but they're currently going full PS2 and letting everything be released. There's shit on Steam that aren't even completed games, yet they're being sold as such.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was just allowed is that I completely agree that Steam is releasing too many games. They need to take a page out of Nintendo's book and get far more stringent on what games they allow.
Cannot argue there. So much garbage to shift through. I have $, I don't have time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Diluting the brand."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Autumn sale has begun.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Steam Link is only $5. I got one a while back, and it worked well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I was on the fence. You sold me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was on the fence. You sold me.
Worst case, I mean, 5 bucks.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I was on the fence. You sold me.

I bought this about a month ago when it was on sale with a game for $6.. I'm pretty happy with it, i wanted something i could play some games sitting on my couch with. I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and a few games i can play with the boys so its like having a console system with my PC games.

One thing that i read in the reviews and haven't tried out myself yet, they say its almost a must to wire into your router and the wireless is pretty laggy. It doesn't bother me to run a cable from my router to the TV i play it on because they are physically close to each other. But i could see this being a big negative for some people that don't have that option. I'll have to try it out wireless and see how bad it is, for some games an input lag might not be a problem but others it could really ruin the experience.

All in all, nice small box and really cheap so i like it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!