Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote: I always thought "Sins of a Solar Empire" on a massive, 3-star map would be a good multi game. We'd have time and room to max-build our fleets, and then bump heads. Could take 15-20 hours per game, over multiple sessions.
This is kind of my point. You are the only one who plays this game on this scale. So no one else would have a chance.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't play vs. AI on maps that big, because games would go 40+ hours against infallible, always rebuilding computer opponents.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: I LOVE the turn based strategy games right now. XCOM, Wasteland 2, Shadowland, etc. I just don't know of any that are co-op.
XCOM is only $15. thats always looked fun, but i don't believe co-op.

There is a free game called Atlas Reactor that is a strategy co-op game, played it a few times and its pretty fun. Made by Trion games which is who did Archeage, might turn some of you off because of that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Made by Trion games which is who did Archeage, might turn some of you off because of that.
That's pretty much a deal killer for me. They were all about the cash.

I'll buy Divinity this sale just in case. Also, I'm down for everything else I said.

Hunting for other options too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I would very much be in for State of Decay 2 once Microsoft stops being cocksuckers and releases it on Steam. (Only available on the Windows store since May 22nd.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

If I haven’t plugged “Battle Brothers” on this forum yet I’ll do it now. No multi but a very fun X-com like low magic medieval turn based game.

It’s like mount and blade and xcom had a baby. Permadeath on your dudes, lots of new enemies and content with the latest dlc. Different every seed. Kill people , take their stuff and use it. Then get all the feels when one of your starter brothers takes a crossbow to the face on day 112. You can play non permadeath too and savescum the fights.

And I’ll still take on anyone in any version of Supreme Commander or Plannetary Annihilation that exists!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Found a game for Catt: Evil Bank Manager.

It's some sort of financial sim.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote:And I’ll still take on anyone in any version of Supreme Commander or Plannetary Annihilation that exists!
If that includes Total Annihilation. . . it's all over for you.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Battle Brothers has been in wish list for some time now, could be a purchase before all is said and done.

Ended up buying D:OS2. ive been contemplating it for so long i figured now is the best time. I went through the character creation which is really deep, choosing between all the races and the 15 or so classes took me over an hour. You can make an undead lizard witch if you want, so so many choices.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And I'm pretty good at SupCom.

I'd prefer to not play nukes, though. You either play a strategy, or you build nukes. Not as fun, IMO.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Are the Battle Brothers DLCs worth getting?
Leisher wrote: Left 4 Dead, L4D2, The Forest, Payday
Pick one, and pick a day this week. Lets play.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Found a game for Catt: Evil Bank Manager.

It's some sort of financial sim.
I'm listening. On my list, but have already a queue of 5 games to play.

Added BB to my list.

Nine Parchments could be good coop casual fun. It's only $5 during the sale, does couch coop + online coop. It's similar to Magicka, I've been told. Cannot turn off friendly fire, gets choatic, etc. Not a very deep game, but fun. My family and I have been playing it for a year or so.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Are the Battle Brothers DLCs worth getting?
Leisher wrote: Left 4 Dead, L4D2, The Forest, Payday
Pick one, and pick a day this week. Lets play.
I’m off on tuesday and would be down for L4Ds. The DLCs are worth it on battle brothers, one is free I think. The new enemies are very difficult and require different tactics and weapons than the base game.

One of the new enemies seems super broke and I still haven’t won a battle against them. Basically witches that turn your own guys against you. I turn my dudes into killing machines and then those bitches turn them against me right in the middle of my formations. I just run now.

9 parchments might be right up Zelda’s alley.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: 9 parchments might be right up Zelda’s alley.
It's about the only game all 4 of us in the family can agree on reliably. A little casual for me, but hard enough to keep me interested.

$6 on Nintendo Switch right now. We primarily play it on Switch, but there was a bug in the game early on, and they gave me a free Steam key for complaining about it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: I’m off on tuesday and would be down for L4Ds.
I would be thrilled to do either and pretty sure I could make Tuesday work. (Bucks play from 5-9 EST, but I could play while watching.)

Cake, Troy, and me make three. Anyone want to grab that fourth spot?

FYI: Both games are currently, $1.99. $2.98 for both.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I vote L4D2. Tuesday works for me. What time?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I might be able to play. Would have to buy it first (never played it) and depends on the time. Let me know
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: I might be able to play. Would have to buy it first (never played it) and depends on the time. Let me know
Had an extra that I think I sent to you.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote: I might be able to play. Would have to buy it first (never played it) and depends on the time. Let me know
Had an extra that I think I sent to you.
U did? Thanks My friend. I’ll check that out after the Browns game. Appreciate it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I’ll be online in Steam tomorrow when I’m available to play.

L4D2 is installed and ready to go.