Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This is funny. I'm trying to log on to steam in a browser, to enter a gift card to my wallet.

At login, they emailed me a verification code. They do this like 4 times a year in the client, verifying my email addy. I always do it. My email is on record.

Tonight, I'm not getting the verification code in email.

I tried it twice.

After the 3rd time I clicked, "I don't have a code yet," they blanked it and told me to CLICK HERE to talk to customer service.

I clicked there.

They wanted me to log in to talk to customer support.

Then they emailed me a login verification code. It isn't here yet.

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza...
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Or you done been hacked.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Or you done been hacked.
Nah.

I went in to "change email," just to verify. And I had to send the email verification code. That part worked.

Email verified and confirmed, go to log in, and same thing.

Their shit is broken somewhere at login.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Don't you use the Steam Authenticator?

I have to use it whenever I log into Steam from a PC that isn't my designated home PC. My home or primary PC NEVER asks me for validation since I started using the app.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think it's a sign that Steam is failing, like so many feared so many years ago. We are about to lose all these games we paid for.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Steam Machine is dead.

This is NOT Steam Link. This is the "console" Steam.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Steam Machine is dead.

This is NOT Steam Link. This is the "console" Steam.
Steam link may be obsolete soon. At least, I assume that's what the article's about. I can't read it at work. Good thing I'm leaving here soon :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Spring Cleaning Event started today.

I notice Left4Dead 2 is in the list of games to play. If anyone wants to bust that out this weekend (or after), I would be down.

All the games on the list are free to play until Monday. I would be down for some Dead By Daylight too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm digging this event. It's got me going through my lists and playing old games or stuff I haven't tried.

I was running through HL2: The Lost Coast last night. Still fun.

I did DL Dead by Daylight if anyone wants to play this weekend. That or L4D2. I'll be around tonight after D&D and Sunday night when I get home from the lake.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I did DL Dead by Daylight if anyone wants to play this weekend. That or L4D2. I'll be around tonight after D&D and Sunday night when I get home from the lake.
i'm not sure what the event is all about but if they are all free to download and play this weekend i'll play something after D&D. What kind of games are there to play? never played Dead by Daylight or L4D2.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've never played DbD either, but it gets good reviews. Essentially, you're playing out a slasher film. One player is the killer, while the others are trying to survive until dawn. Check out some of the preview videos on Steam. (I notice it's on Catt and TPR's wishlists.)

L4D2 is an FPS set in a world overrun with zombies. You and your group take a linear path to try and get to an extraction point. Loads of fun and the witch is creepy as hell. (Seriously, one of the creepiest characters in gaming history.)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Post by Troy »

From Reddit.

It's game related, sorta steam related, but didn't deserve its own thread so I put it here.

I didn't' realize Strategy games were that small of a market-share these days. Games like Lords of the Realm, Age of Empire(also Mythology), and Starcraft were very formative to me. Most of the new ones kinda suck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder what they considered to be a shooter in 1980.

But yeah, the Civ series and similar games were my thing back then
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I question the numbers. For a couple years, C&C and Civ2 dominated the PC game market.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Steam has a new policy that basically says, "It's not our job to protect you from offensive content."

People are predictably torn.

I like it. It is NOT their job to protect me from stuff I may or may not find offensive.

However, I do wish they'd protect me from horribly made games and abandonware.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GOOD.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

How much have you spent on Steam.

How about to shove that page up your ass and just let me enjoy my collection?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Not quite sure what the difference in the 2 values is:
TotalSpend 2018-06-13 23:07:44.177 $529.00
OldSpend 2018-06-13 23:07:44.177 $467.55
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Summer Sale.

The game is kinda terrible. Keeps crashing for me.