Mechwarrior Online - F2P

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My duplicate Centurion is being removed in the patch tomorrow, and they're leaving me the mech bay. Cool.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think I got a little burnt out by the 2 challenge weekends in a row.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also I am not a fan of VOIP. Is is useful about 1 time in 10 that someone says something, and is annoying or irritating the other 9 times. I can see myself looking for an off switch for it in the future.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think I got a little burnt out by the 2 challenge weekends in a row.

That was a lot of Mechwarrioring. This last weekend's was a hell of a grind despite it being MUCH easier to get qualifying matches.

I took tonight off. I'm trying to complete Far Cry 4. I'm very close to the end. My goal is to knock it out this week so I can take it off my system and install Homeworld.

Lots of changes coming to MW:O, specifically CW, over the next couple of months. I don't want to get burnt out either. Maybe we can sneak Homeworld in a few nights here or there for a change of pace.

As for the VoIP, I've only hit one match out of hundreds so far where I actually used the mute. Dr. Octavius was drunk and rambling non-stop.

Edited By Leisher on 1425361961
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I keep encountering a guy who thinks he is an announcer and ends his long spiel with "Let's get ready to ruuummbbllee..."

I keep wanting to turn him in since that phrase is copyrighted.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Today's patch notes.

Mostly optimization and bug fixes today. Some key ones:
-Mining Collective is back. (fingers crossed on the fix)
-Talking people will be indicated on the scoreboard.
-One click muting.
-A few different crash fixes.
-They fixed the centering bug
-IS now gets to drop with 10 more tons against Clans.

Oh yeah, and Gordo will love this one...War Horn volume has been increased!

No more "Fuck you", now it's "FUCK YOU!"

Edited By Leisher on 1425412220
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh shit yeah.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I had to turn off VOIP. First assholes were yelling at each other about stepping in front of their shots... and that went on for a while... then one guy was mocking the other for his southern accent, which rolled over into how stupid americans are. These guys all sounded like americans.

VOIP disabled.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Double XP this weekend. So if you're planning on mastering a chassis, this would be the ideal weekend to do it.

No pressure to win or even do well this weekend.

Edited By Leisher on 1425608853
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I didn't play a ton this weekend, but I did get my Ravens mastered. None of them are elited though.

So I'll be working on that. My next mech group will be a heavy or medium.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I feel those eyes when playing MW:O, but I remember the same feeling in LoL late game.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Should I dump the XL engine in my Cataphract for a standard? I crush people in it, but I seem to die too easily.

If I do, I have two options:
1. Drop my engine size to 200 or so to keep the 4xAC5s.
2. Move to an AC10 in each arm instead and have a STD255 engine.

Thoughts?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Personally I think if you're going to keep 4 AC5s in there you almost have to have an XL. If you drop down to a 200 STD you will be painfully slow and will probably die just as fast because if you get out of position or left behind, you're fucked.

You can try AC10s but I don't think you will like that either. Even though you will have the same 20 point alpha strike they will not perform the same. AC5s have better range, cooldown and projectile speed and having 4 of those will be much better DPS than 2 AC10s. Plus assuming you're talking about the 4X, the quirks are in favor of the AC5's.

So I'd say stick with what ya got. You have a ton of firepower in a 70 ton mech and there is going to be some tradeoffs to survivability. Its just too bad Cataphract wasn't built like this.

GANGSTA STYLE!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I hate having an XL in there. The side torsos have less armor, and that's usually what people target.

I wish instead of two Centurion AHs, I had gotten another CTF-4X. I'd load it with the AC10s and see if it's worth it. It'd be more of a brawler build, which is what I do anyway...

Also, if you have any suggestions for my next mech to master throw them out. I've got three Ravens completely done.

Mastering multiple mechs in each group is critical in future game modes and tournaments. One of the stipulations for some tourneys is banning of certain chassis. If they ban the only one you mastered, you're fucked.

Edited By Leisher on 1426255089
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Another laid back event.

First match in my Yen Lo Wang: 6 kills. I actually ran out of AC20 ammo and still got another kill with medium lasers.

Edited By Leisher on 1426301374
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Crazy easy challenge and it's just for extra cash. So far I've qualified for every game I've played (9 of 9).

Essentially, play in a hero mech and get 30 points (1 assist and 200 or so points) and you get a bonus $150,000.

Play in a non-hero mech and do the same and get $100,000 bonus.

You can do that for 20 qualifying games per chassis size ($3,000,000 per chassis size in hero mechs), and then again in CW if you so choose, but the bonus there ends at $2,000,000.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A week long event begins today.

You can win 25 gifts per game mode.

Basically, get 30 points in Skirmish, Assault, or Conquer and that's a reach into the goodie bag. Or 80 points in a CW game.

Potential Prizes are:
1 day Premium Time
1 'Mech Bay
MC (various values)
C-bills (various values)
GXP (various values)
MC Consumables (Cool Shot, Artillery, UAV, and Air Strike)
Cockpit Items (Standing MWO Beer Stein, Hanging 4 Leaf Clover, Mounted Green Lights, Standing Lumin Glass)
and 'Unlucky' Items, such as IS weaponry and Single Heat Sinks

I like how IS weaponry are unlucky items. Fuck the clans.

This might be their easiest event ever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So I'm patching and checking out their site so I can track my progress in the new event, and the old event is still going on. So you're doing two events at once earning items and cbills on top of it.

Also, there was a huge patch today. Patch Notes

Important to Stranger and Gordo is:
-New quirks for Highlanders and Catapaults.
-New warhorns!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ok, Pot O Gold is over. Just the Lucky Charms event.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My Urbanmechs arrived today.

Probably will test drive them tonight before my availability becomes limited for the next two weeks.