Mechwarrior Online - F2P

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I haven't played in months, but this will have me back in game.

I don't blow smoke up your ass...ever, but I will say I was pretty impressed with how quickly you took to this game last time we were playing. You rapidly went from "I can't kill anyone, I suck, this game blows" to "let me rain hellfire on these bitches".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I did rather enjoy making it rain 60-LRMs at a time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

According to Steam this goes live in 2 hours.

I'm off the two weeks for Christmas, and hopefully, just took my last SC trip for a while, so I'll should be available for multi soon whether it's this or anything else.

Edited By Leisher on 1449763483
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I will look into it tonight.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Crap forgot to do this earlier... DLing now. Prolly wont get on til later tomorrow night.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Damn I logged in with my account just to make sure it was working and I instantly got a shitload of Steam achievements and free stuff.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm DLing it tonight as well.

I uninstalled it earlier tonight as I hadn't patched it in a while and figure I want the Steam linked copy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I currently have 15 of the 25 achievements. I rock.

Or 25/35. I forget.

They also gave me a couple free mech bays and 2 million cbills. That doesn't suck.

The interface is different... I haven't played in about a year so it is going to take some remembering how to navigate the game. Controls, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll be curious to see how many I get when I log in tonight.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If you do the Quick Match, make sure you click the little arrow next to it and turn off the non-north america servers. I got connected to European servers twice before I figured that out.

Also you vote on maps, now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I was immediately handed 19 of the 25 and I'm pretty close on most of the others.

I'm also ranked as Tier 4? I assume that's their Bronze?

I'll definitely be on later after dinner and whatnot.

Edited By Leisher on 1449874906
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Later tonight for me. Have a cub scout thing tonight.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I plan on being on tonight, all hopped up on carbs and caffeine.

If anyone needs to be added to my GFY clan, let me know.

Also I will post the current IP for my TS server. New modem and new IP.

Edited By GORDON on 1449938543
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Absolutely cannot remember how to get into clan management. I've been all over the interface.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My kids guilted me into a movie last night and I got on super late.

Jumped on a bit ago to see if you were on, but you aren't. Thus, I ran the tutorial for the achievement. As it turns out, you can earn two or three (or two in game and one Steam one) plus $5 million c-bills by getting the achievements and finishing the tutorial. Takes only about 10 minutes.

Oh, and go to the academy afterwards and shoot the captain for an easy achievement.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Tutorial has crashed my client twice so far. Working on it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Goddam "Rapid Fire" challenge is fucking frustrating. Tried it 20 times in 3 different mechs and can't finish the "18 points" level.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Do you get money or other rewards for the other challenges?

I did the one with the waves of mechs that come at you and beat it the first time, but didn't notice being given anything for my efforts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I got 5 mil for the basic tutorial... I didn't see anything else for the academy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This Steam launch has really brought a lot of new people into the game. I'm taking tons of friendly fire at the spawn point about 25% of the time, and I actually had to kill a guy today to make him stop.