Black Desert Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:How'd this turn into a Rust thread??? :laugh:
Rust is awesome.

This is second time I've been completely under its spell. (One of the reasons I've avoid going back to LoL.)

I can't wait to get bored with it again so I can head back to solo games until I hear about the latest Rust patches.

BTW, I'm waiting for another week or so to see if you're bored with Black Desert by then. If not, I will be more willing to check it out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

$6 this weekend on Steam for the entry package.

I saw an article recently that was discussing the population of online games and this was one that was still increasing.

I am strongly considering it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Black Desert Online

Post by Stranger »

For the one time payment of $6 i can promise you will get your moneys worth with this game. It has its positives and negatives just like any other MMO but i'd say more positives.

There are ALOT of confusing systems going on in this game and they don't do a very good job of explaining them very well so i had to do alot of online searching for answers. But once you get used to them it all works pretty good together, but i must say there is quite a bit about the game that still confuse me.

Graphically a beautiful game and the combat is top notch, its unlike any other MMO. Instead of hitting a button and going into a predetermined attack routine you hit combinations of buttons and directions that flow together really fluid. Almost like Mortal Kombat stuff but not nearly as complex.

you don't own property the same as Archeage but you do get to buy property and can decorate it.

You hire workers to gather resources and then craft the mats into other things or sell them, but the prices of the marketplace is set by the game and not by the people.

Character classes are gender locked which is kinda weird, so if you play as the archer you're gonna be a chick you've got no other choice.

I recently just started playing it again about a month ago and have played it sparingly in that time. This was after going about a year without playing it so i've forgotten alot about the game and still have to get reaquanted with it. I can see that there has been tons of shit added to it in that time and all in all its pretty fun. But i've only played it solo and its ok, but it would be much more fun to play with friends. So if you purchase this Leisher let me know, i'll gladly join ya. The one time payment is cheap and for as far as i can tell, the microtransactions aren't pay to win.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

I mean for $6 I'm probably going to buy it.

Stranger, look at those additional packs on the Steam store and let me know if they're worth the additional money or not.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

I own it.

I might try to get online here at work to create my character. Not sure if I'll have a ton of time this weekend to play, but going forward I now have the game. For $6 you really can't go wrong.

If any others want to make the same purchase I know Stranger already owns it, and I've sent word to Cake to buy it.

We need a good MMORPG so we can multi without making appointments.
Stranger

Black Desert Online

Post by Stranger »

you should log onto the Olvia server since you are new. If i remember right you will get bonus exp for the first 30 days. you can freely move to different servers so you don't have to fret over which one you choose, but you might as well take advantage of it.
The Olvia servers are special servers that provide 200% EXP for new and returning players on characters over level 30. To enter these servers you must have a new account (Made on or after Dec. 1st with the Opening of the New World) or have been absent from the game for 30 days. (30 Consecutive days) Players who meet these requirements will be able to login to these servers. Please note there are a few key points about these new servers.
Olvia Servers do not have world bosses
Olvia Servers do not have horse races
Olvia Servers do not participate in sieges or node wars
Olvia Servers do not participate in the Red Battlefield
After 30 days you will not be able to access the Olvia servers.
The Bonus EXP from the Olvia Servers will not stack with other EXP Bonus Events
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

Thanks for the heads up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

I am Leisher Strongchewer on the Olivia Steam 3 server. (I'm 90% sure that's the one I picked.)

Heading out for dinner right now though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by GORDON »

Leisher Dongchewer?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

If you need that to get off, who am I to judge?
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

What in the wide, wide world of sports am I doing? Should I get a house? Should I use storage? Do I just keep doing missions that cloud keeps giving me? Where should I go?

I need tips.

I have over 500K in silver on me and nowhere to put it. Do I buy a home, which are all ridiculously bigoted against my people, or do I rent a storage container?
Stranger

Black Desert Online

Post by Stranger »

So i logged in to play some of this yesterday to get familiar with it again. I don't own the Steam version of the game so i can see the Olvia Steam servers but i cannot log into them. Not sure why there is a difference but i usually just log into one of the other Olvia servers.

Like i said earlier, the game doesn't do a very good job of guiding you through all of its systems and you just kinda need to figure it out or do some research. Also, it's very hard to try and explain the game in text to someone just beginning the game so i'll try and answer your questions the best i can. We'll just have to get into game together and i can talk you through some of the stuff much easier.
Should I get a house?
Sure you can. So far the only thing i use my personal residence for is to put a "cooking utensil" in and to make a few important recipes. Beer to feed my workers and "feed" to feed my pet. Other than that i'm hardly in it. You will usually buy properties for other things, like housing your workers, setting up workshops for your workers to craft things in, or for a warehouse for storage (which is one of your questions and i will answer next).
Should I use storage?
YES! you are going to get tons of shit in this game. Usually more than you can carry and usually more than you want or need, so you will need to get some storage space. In each of the cities you come across, not towns, outposts or other spots, you have an NPC warehouse manager, find him. There you can store some items in there and you can expand that number by buying warehouse space in that town. You will use contribution points you get from doing quests to do this. Like i said, kinda hard to explain online but once you get the idea you will get it. So in short, yes i tend to get extra storage in just about every city that i have come across.

I think in the long run and i haven't even gotten to this point yet, buy you would want each city to specialize in different life skills and store all the relevant supplies in that city. For example, one city would be your "cooking HQ" where the workers there would gather the appropriate resources and you would put all the supplies and tool you need in that town for that type of production. One city might be an "item upgrade" town, you might put all your cash and upgrade components there. Another could be an "industrial base" for mining and refinery. Then maybe another town as just a junk collector you might not wanna sell yet or don't know what to do with.

Oh yeah, do all the quests that give you a backpack expansion, you can never get enough of those either.
Do I just keep doing missions that cloud keeps giving me?
Yeah, in the beginning this is probably the best way to learn the game and open up the map. The black spirit quests will teach you the most and get you on your way. So keep following those and pickup every quest you come across, you don't have to do those all right away but some of them are so simple and you only need to talk to the person standing right next to you for some quick and easy contribution exp.

There is so much more i can talk about but its just easier in game. I'll try and get on tonight to guide you a little bit. Also, what character did you end up making?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

I hope to play tonight and will be online if Steam if I do. It'd be after the kids are in bed, so after 9. However, yesterday Lindsay was sick all day and I woke up feeling a bit down, so it might be tomorrow night if I pack it in early this evening.

So far I enjoy the game. Combat is fun!

As for what character I am, here's a hint: Houses are tiny pieces of bullshit and everyone's a fucking midget.
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

My storage box was full the minute I bought it. I have no inventory space left! Help! I have no idea what is worth keeping, and what isn't. I've got crystals and chests and keys and books and all sorts of stuff.

I've also been selling stuff like crazy in the Marketplace.

I'm lvl 25 millionaire with too many fish and no way to sell or process it.

Stranger, I will absolutely be online tonight. Are you around? If not, I'll shoot for Wednesday.

FYI: I'm working on a list of items I have. I'll post it in a bit...
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

Here's what I own at the moment:
1,000,000 silver in storage
158,861 in my pockets
27,107,862 marketplace asset value of what's in storage

Magic Crystal of Nature - Adamantine
Magic Crystal of Nature - Swiftness
Magic Crystal of Crimson Flame - Precision
Magic Crystal of Crimson Flame - Carnage
41 Black Stones (Armor)
6 Black Stones (Weapon)
103 small health potions
5 Cron Stones
5 Superior Whale Tendon Potions
3 Traces of Earth
2 Rough Translucent Crystals
5 Gold Ingots 10G
Khalk's Elixir
Magic Crystal of Perfection
11 Memory Fragments
Magic Fluid Collector
6 [Event] Steppe Seals
Gift Letter of Repayment 1
Gift Letter of Repayment 2
Scrap Iron
Ancient Iron Coin
Jack O'Lantern Ornament
Combat XP +1-% 10 min scroll
[Event] Sealed book of combat (7 days)
Dim Magic Crystal: Combat
Dim Magic Crystal: Fishing
Dim Magic Crystal: Trade
Dim Magic Crystal: Karma
Fishing Rod
2 [Event] Kamasylvia Box
Horse Emblem: White-Mane Black & White Spotted Horse
Horse Emblem: Black Donkey
[Berserker] Lahr Arcien Weapon & Outfit Set (7 Days)
3 Hard Black Crystal Shard
14 [Event] Imperial Craft Delivery Notice
2 Gold Keys
Silver Key
3 Meat Stew
2 Sealed Golden Treasure Chests
2 Melee AP Enhancer
Ancient Relic Crystal Shard

Oh, and under "Pearl", I also have a Value Pack (7 Days).
Stranger

Black Desert Online

Post by Stranger »

Ok, storage is always gonna be a pain in the ass because you are given so much shit. I still don't know what to do with alot shit that ive come across.

First off how far have you made it into the game? You start in the city of Olvia so i assume you have found the warehouse manager in that town and have filled up the storage there. If you follow the Black Spirit quests you will then arrive to a city east of there called Velia, once again find the warehouse manager (he's right by the docks where everyone is fishing at) and you can store another 10-12 items in there. I'm guessing you're probably in this town as there is quite a bit to do once you get there. If you're really questing good then maybe you made it to the city south of Velia called Heidel, do the same thing here (he's located along the river in the southern end of town). After that city adventuring will take you to the southwest and you will get to Glish. Between these four cities you should have a decent amount of space to keep shit in.

Now, i'm sure you haven't made it to all four of those cities yet so you will need to expand the inventory space in the cities. To do this go to the world map and left click on one of the cities you have made it to. When that opens up you will see houses on the map that are colored blue, these houses are available for worker housing, storage, living quarters, ect.. click on one and then you can select the storage option from the menu below it. This will cost you contribution points, not sure how much you know about this system but you get those from doing quests around town, so do those quests to get your contribution points up. Do this for however much storage you need or want. You will never lose your contribution points so feel free to spend them up, you can always take away any investments you put your contribution points into but you will lose whatever you were losing them for, but then you get your CP back.

Also, if you press "O" in game this will bring up your quest log. if you click on the tab that says "suggested" you will see quests that will give you backpack expansions, do those quests!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »

I'm in Heidel. It's also the first place I've bought storage, so I guess tonight I'll run back and buy storage in the other places.

I'll wait to talk to you in chat before I start buying a house, workers, etc.

How do mounts and pets work? If I use the horse and donkey thing, can I then ride them around? Do they sit where I park them? Are they invincible? Can they be stolen? I see the damn things everywhere, but no owners around?

As for pets, do they die? I assume so since they're so damn cheap. Can you level them? I know they fight.

Don't forget to pick up your Nighthawk X6! (Call ahead.)
Stranger

Black Desert Online

Post by Stranger »

Yep, thats about how it goes. you will want to keep all of those black stones as those are used for upgrading equipment much later in the game, i haven't even made it to that point yet.

Those magic crystals can be infused into your gear, i believe the black spirit does this for you. Those are all low level crystals so you can put those in your gear, it will give you more exp in combat, fishing, etc...

Eat food whenever you can, different foods give you different bonuses and also the more you eat you will level up your health and gives you extra HP. TIP: hit the P button then look at your health level bar, every time you eat this will go up, eat food= more HP 8)

When you are killing enemies you get a bunch of weird shit that is mostly useless, like feathers or boars teeth and whatnot. They don't sell for much if you take them to any old vendor but you can sell them to the right NPC for lots more silver. Right click on those items in your inventory and then click find NPC, it will take you right to the nearest NPC that will buy that item. They are usually looking for 50 or more of the same item when you do this, so you can't just sell them 5.

Horse emblems are for your horse and donkey.. Forget how you get those. Maybe at the stables in town?

use the gold keys to open the sealed golden chests. These are from the current event going on for just being online for like 5 hours at a time.. so open them.. more shit you will have to deal with! LOL
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Black Desert Online

Post by Stranger »

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Desert Online

Post by Leisher »