League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Patch notes for preseason 6

Lots of cool changes. Remember to redo all your masteries as all three trees have changed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah I jumped into a game to test my new internet speeds (no change in ping) and I didn't know about the changes. Mana potions have been removed, which makes AP champs really weak at early levels. Didn't even know I didn't have any masteries for that game.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I do better with a competent team. If we have an ADC who finishes up 1/12/8, my score will be poor as well because I tend to play like I have a competent team around me. If my team can't back my plays, or don't make good plays for me to back, I tend to die more.

I'm not the best player in the game, but it isn't a coincidence that I tend to lose games that are basically 4v6 because someone on our team is feeding the other team like crazy.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

This one time I was on a team, and we sucked! Top, feed... jungle, feed... mid, feed... ADC, feed.. Support never fed, he was good.

Anyways, we weren't good until we got one diamond level player on the team to carry us. He was a kid, and he was reeealllllly good. Then he couldn't put up with the feeding anymore and left to greener pastures.

I blame my team for holding me down and keeping me from my rightful place in diamond, at least platinum. We argued, blamed, and downright hated each other at times.

...greatest gaming experience of my life, would do it all over again.

I'll be on tonight

:D :D
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Trust me, it was you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If you're planning on playing tonight, start patching now. Lots of people like me have been patching for over an hour, and Riot doesn't seem to be addressing it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The Snowball Fight game is back for a couple weeks.... I like it better than ARAM because it takes place on the same map, but you can pick your champ. I am 2/0 so far.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:If I am reading this trace route correctly I am going to go from 14 hops and an 85ms ping to about 6 hops and a 40ms ping, conservative estimate.

I'm going Gold, baby.
I am steady at 39. FYI.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I'm usually at 25 ping, very nice. Very noticeable difference from the 100 ping I used to get a year ago.

BTW Gordo.. did you get the snowball I sent ya?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:I'm usually at 25 ping, very nice. Very noticeable difference from the 100 ping I used to get a year ago.

Yeah but I wasn't sure what it was.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote:
Stranger wrote:I'm usually at 25 ping, very nice. Very noticeable difference from the 100 ping I used to get a year ago.

Yeah but I wasn't sure what it was.
basically for 100IP you can gift someone one of 4 random summoner icons and they also get a 1 game IP boost.

Its just part of the snowdown event.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oooohhh. I liked the "snowball to the face" line.

Thanks.

Edited By GORDON on 1450120024
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

China thanks you all for your economic support.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Yesterday I qued up a ranked game and the normal draft process goes on. I take Malphite top and then the next guy "CreepingDeath" selects Fiora jungle.. Ok, not a common jungle pick, but whatever anything can work in Bronze so I was alright with it. He goes on to assure the team he is a Fiora main and has played many games with Fiora (heard that story many times).

As the game is loading up I check out LolNexus to see everyones experience with their champs, runes and masteries setups etc.. I notice that this Fiora on my team wasn't kidding, he has played almost 1700 games with Fiora, This season alone!!! Now this is just an absurd amount of games for just one champ in less than a year. Even 300+ games is uncommon to see but 1700!! I'm thinking something is wrong here why is this person only bronze 3? They play this game and this champ like its their job. But oh well, maybe I will be carried to an easy victory.

Game starts and ive got a Teemo top that is making farming a pain in the ass for me (fuck Teemo!). And so Fiora comes for a gank because I'm pushed to my tower. I'm pretty low on mana so I wasn't gonna be much of a help but surely this Fiora main can take out a squishy Teemo with ease.. Nope, he chased Teemo well back into his tower range and gives up first blood... He continues to feed and the game ends in a loss 25 minutes later with Fiora going 4-15-6. How can someone who has played so many games with one champ be this bad? They were not trolling, actually trying to win but just a bad player overall.

So afterwards I wanted to see some more info on this Fiora main. I went to LOLskill.com and searched for the most played games with Fiora. and low and behold look who tops the charts, IN THE WORLD!! No other person in the world has played more games as Fiora since the beginning of Season 5! I checked their summoner profile on OP.GG and this person has played 2158 ranked games in one season!!!... Yet they are still only Bronze 3.

That comes out to playing 6 games a day everyday for one calendar year! I know lots of people don't have a life and gaming is all they do. But to think you wouldn't get any better after that many hours of game play seems almost impossible. Just a funny story that I wanted to share because of the information that I just happened to come across.

By the way, he isn't even the worst. I did a little digging and found a Korean Bronze Ashe main that has played 4330 games as Ashe in season 5 alone. Now this is just unfathomable to me! I guess being a Korean makes it much more believable.

Edited By Stranger on 1451413895
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Practically a celebrity.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Poro King" is done. I played 37 games as Heimerdinger, and won 28 of them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Downloaded it earlier today. Try to keep up LOL
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Jesus fuck.

We were about to win. I was dead. We had 3 guys on the nexus, it was half-health and dropping. We had it easily. They all broke off to get one more kill. They all died. Our minions got the nexus down to 35 points of health when they were cleared. Enemy team came back, took out a turret, an inhibitor, two more turrets, and won the game.