League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Speaking of "is having a smurf account cheating?"

My smurf account hit level 30 recently, I now own about 15 of my fave champs, and I've played about 20 games since I hit the max level.

I've won about 4. In ARAM I am drawing the free champs... ones I can't play, usually... about 90% of the time. There are now tons of ranked people in the game, usually on the other team.

Might be time for another smurf account. I am not getting any younger, my reflexes are not going to get any faster, and it just isn't fun getting stomped over and over.

But the "drawing free champs" thing... goddam. With my existing champ pool I should draw them about 33% of the time, but I am closer to 90%, even on my rerolls. It's bullshit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They probably have it in their code to make the free champs more likely to be drawn.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I mean it's just amazing when I draw a free champ... and there are three other people on the team with whom I can trade, and they all have free champs. So I reroll, and get a free champ. Then I reroll again, and get a free champ.

The community told me there's no special code for that, but that pretty much makes me the unluckest person in the game.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The community can eat a dick. Unless they're sifting through the source code, they're full of shit. I would bet Riot wants those free champs selected more often because that's the ones they're trying to sell that week.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Funny story.. I played one game of ARAM last night, I own maybe 60-70% of the champs in the game and just by chance got Azir who I don't own. I found that I like him though, tough kit to learn but he does lots of damage.

That is the thing that I like most about ARAM, it gives you an opportunity to try other champs you may not have otherwise in a game against real people without any of the stress of being a noob and people flaming you in a ranked game. I know when I go into ranked games my champ pool narrows down considerably and Azir, a champ I don't own would never be played by me. And if I never would take him into ranked why would I buy him? But ARAM gave me a chance to see what he does and not against bots.

Personally, I think ARAM should unlock all champs for everyone and not give peeps on smurfs with their stacked decks of 5-10 OP champs the advantage. But I've never really cared for winning in ARAM anyways cause it really doesn't matter if you win or not there.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Three games in a row tonight, all free champs except one, including on two rerolls.... so 5 champs, 4 of them were free.... and since I'm level 30 the other teams were all ranked and using our team for practice, every time. I think in the last game they had League minimized and were playing something else in the other window most of the time and would come back only in time to unleash some devastating combo of moves, every now and then. I just saw a Caitlyn with massive lifesteal with zero lifesteal items, and a ... well, who gives a fuck. Time for the next smurf account I guess.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I won an ARAM last night that was the closest game I've ever played. They were at our Nexus and had it down to 133 points... one auto-hit from winning... and they peeled off to get an easy kill. They got their kill, but then the rest of us respawned and pushed them back.

Then we pushed back and in about 7 minutes took out their inhib, both Nexus towers, and their Nexus. They were even trying to sneak through our line to get a backdoor, but we stopped them.

If they hadn't laid off the Nexus to get the kill, they'd have easily won.

They all quit out of the lobby immediately, after.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Riot going after the major cheat program.

http://www.riftherald.com/2016/8/11/124 ... t-lol-riot
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Good for Riot. Fuck the cheaters.

If Trump or Clinton advocated the death penalty for people who create or use cheats in online games, they'd get my vote.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

He must have a mother that the LOL player had relations with.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ha! I knew I'd get you to comment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

SInce, you know, all online players love talking about your mom.

Not yours, specifically.

The collective mom.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hilarious and accurate article. I was mad at all of you at one time or another, and I'm sure that's vice versa.

Still a great game and great memories, but the drive to compete is part of why I won't go back.

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Pretty much why I only play casual now... ARAM 99% of the time. The games only last 20 minutes, and most of the time no one gets upset, compared to 45+ minutes and someone guaranteed to get off pissed on Summoner's Ridge.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Several years ago, 2-3 buddies and myself formed a Halo 2 clan and tried to make a run up the rankings. We made some pretty good initial progress: we had a great sniper, I did a good job Riddicking people John Woo style, and the other guys were more the "fuck it, kick the doors down and open fire" sort -- spectacular diversions while the sniper covered me going behind enemy lines. It just got to be so much fucking work -- every time the weapons got rebalanced or a new map got added, you had to drop in hours to memorize every room, turn, ammo/health/whatever drops, etc.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."