League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I always purchased a gold generating item as Trynd.

In the grand scheme of things, it's a cheap purchase to boost your gold production. It might not give you enough to buy an IE 5 minutes into the game, but it might give you an edge later.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:In the grand scheme of things, it's a cheap purchase to boost your gold production. It might not give you enough to buy an IE 5 minutes into the game, but it might give you an edge later.
I just don't know how "cheap" it actually is... it gets you 1500 gold after 50 minutes of owning it, but if it costs 800 to begin with, then it only profits you 700 gold after 50 minutes. You could have bought something useful with that money, instead.

I dunno. Like I said, the pros do it. Must be something I am not appreciating.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I did some quick research and I think it's possible to gain 17.25 gold per 10 seconds.

+5/10 for the Heart of Gold
+ 5/10 for the Avarice Blade
+3/10 for Quints
+2.25 for Seals
+ 2 from masteries

Add that to the 13 per 10 seconds that you normally get.

So that's 181.5 every minute.
1815 in 10 minutes.
3630 in 20 minutes.

That's on top of last hits.

Would it be worth it? As a support character, maybe...?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I always go +3 in quints, +2 in masteries and get +5 heart of gold and +5 philo stone every time i go support. Thats +15 gold per 10 it helps alot, but it definetly is for late game builds cause the gold you invest early could go towards other items earlier. But i like that build for my supports. it easily earns 2500+ a game, ( if you hover your mouse above them items it will show you how much gold you have accumulated)

I also commonly go heart of gold and philo just about every time i jungle, but i don't get the quint or masteries bonus for jungle. i just happen to like them items cause they also give health and mana/hp regen.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I did not factor in the Philosopher's Stone.

So 35.25 per 10 seconds is possible without minion kills.

Right?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I buy the gold generating item that adds ability power as well. It's a key ingredient to both Deathfire and the book that adds cool down reduction. So, I've got a gold generating item for the first half of the game. I can't say that I notice it getting me all the much ahead of other people in gold. Having used it, I'm not that impressed with it. Often I struggle between another upgrade or getting the gold item. I could REALLY use faster boots, but I get the gold item instead and know that I'm going to remain slow. There I times when I have the item and am cut off from farm for a while and recall for one reason or another only to find that I STILL don't have enough gold to buy something. In my opinion, the best item to buy would be one that helps you get more last hits on minions. I bet the red gloves that do 500 points to minions would give you WAY more gold over time than a gold item.

I realize the pros buy them. But, the pros do a lot of other things we don't that probably adds to that items effectiveness. That item is good when A, B and C happen as well. If they don't, it's a waste. Or something. Pros attack Dragon every time it's up. Pros attack Baron every time it's up. Etc. Pros augment the minimal gold input of the gold item with all the other minimal gold things that then add up to a usable amount of gold.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

And don't forget the return when selling the item later. Buy it for 850, but sell it for 600, or whatever it sells for.

Dragon gives everyone on the team 200gp. For 5-15 seconds of fighting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, we need to do a better job with dragon and baron. I think we should start making that a priority.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

keeping tabs on dragon, baron and even red and blue is a great idea. I commonly see teams type in team chat the time when dragon, baron, ect. will come up again. So maybe when we get a kill on one of them we just type something like "dragon 21:30" that way we can reference our chat to see when it comes up again. and we can know, "ok, 1 minute till dragon spawn, make sure we all meet there"

And just incase we didn't know this already.

Blue and red buff= 5 mins spawn after death

dragon= 6 mins

Baron= 7 mins
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If we can all gather at the dragon 5 seconds before it spawns... and the icon appears in the minimap... we can have it killed and be gone before the other team even notices it and gathers to kill it.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Also, first dragon spawns @ 7:00 into the game, and first Baron spawns @ 15:00 mins
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Login queue just now. FYI.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I will be available 10ish, tonight.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Make that between 9 and 9:30, if peeps are around.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I will be on tonight as well. Probably not a late night though. I have to golf in a scrambles tomorrow
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They are live streaming a tourny in San Fran, today...

http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/ipl-faceoff

(between games atm... next games starting soon)

I just watched a Soraka keep a team completely alive in a 5v5, for a clean ace. Was impressed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Anyone playing tonight?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll be around but I don't know about stranger.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The latest patch preview...
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Please pay attention to the changes to Garen. They go out of their way to point out how unfair Garen's ult would be if you were killed by it, and returned to lane only to see he has it ready again. Garen's ult is essentially the same as Darius', but Darius isn't OP.

In other news,

-Apparently Zyra was crazy OP.
-Eventually Riot wants to provide what LoL Replay provides.

One for Cake:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

One for Stranger:

PC Games interviewed Morello, and here are some tidbits:

1. At Gamescom players will be able to play a new champion with "gravity influencing" abilities
2. A champion named Dark Sovereign is mentioned, that explores new gaming mechanics
3. He is very pleased that at tournaments about 70% of all champions are constantly picked/banned
4. Regarding Pulsefire Ezrael - if players like it, we will see more of it. They are checking numbers
5. They are investigating implementing a system to reward good behavior similar to DOTA2
6. About season 3: He mentions the pro-league with player salaries, hd stream
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Teemo's poison also got buffed and nerfed. It does more damage up front, and slightly less over time.

Here's Rengar, which is interesting because he's already on the PBE, and there hasn't even been a hint of a teaser yet...

Abilities:

Passive: Unseen Predator

While in brush or stealth Rengar will leap at the target when using his basic attack.

Rengar builds 1 point of Ferocity with each ability he uses on enemies. When reaching 5 points of Ferocity, Rengar's next ability becomes empowered, granting it a bonus effect.

Q: Savagery

Rengar's next basic attack deals bonus damage ( 30/55/80/105/130 + total AD ) and grants him increased attack speed.

Ferocity Bonus: Rengar deals enhanced damage and doubles his Attack Speed bonus.

W: Battle Roar

Rengar lets out a battle roar, damaging enemies ( 75/120/165/210/255 +1 AP ) and gaining bonus armor and Magic Resist ( 20/30/40/50/60 ) for a short duration.

Ferocity Bonus: Rengar heals for a large amount ( 15% of his max health).

E: Bola Strike

Rengar throws a bola at his target ( 60/105/150/195/240 damage +), slowing them for a short duration ( 50/55/60/65/70%, Enemy Movement Speed recovers over 2.5 seconds).

Ferocity Bonus: Roots the target for 1 second.

R: Thrill of the Hunt

Rengar activates his predatory instincts, stealthing and revealing all enemy Campions in a large radius around him. He gains Movement Speed (10/15/20%) and rapidly generates Ferocity while stealthed. Lasts 7 seconds or until he uses an ability.

His unique item:

Looks to me like a re-imagined WW.