League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:LOL!! but the Goo pool, flip, grab, slow, stun, pop up was so OP!! And by the time that combo was done we were just about ready to do it all over again. Talk about some crown control. It even made a team with about 4K total wins surrender!
Yeah, that was interesting. i was wondering if we caught those guys on a bad night, because they didn't seem all that good, to me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

http://lolcave.com/ec/

Not sure if this is accurate.. but that makes me 1354 ELO in normal game mode.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Nevermind that stupid websight. i could lose the next 20 games in a row and my ELO would actually go up. i doubt that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That was a great win.

Garen with 2K+ wins. His teammate with 1100+ wins, and their last guy had 800 or so and we dominated them.

That was a real eye opener to me regarding team comp.

The dual tank team is bad ass.

Edited By Leisher on 1336672367
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:That was a great win.

Garen with 2K+ wins. His teammate with 1100+ wins, and their last guy had 800 or so and we dominated them.

That was a real eye opener to me regarding team comp.

The dual tank team is bad ass.
But with Singed and Nautilus in a lane, I don't like being the one they target. ;)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If they target you, just run faster than Nautilus...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, it worked out well. But I don't have to like being their primary down there. ;-)

Seems to me that if WE are facing 2 tanks in bottom lane, we leave 1 guy to hold them off our turret, and the other guy becomes dedicated jungler. 2 tanks shouldn't be able to push too hard, and splitting up allows us to level/farm faster than them.

Just a thought.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TT Tactics:

We still do the early team fight.

However, would it work, if after that fight we all recalled back, then went top. The two bot laners go through the jungle at top so they get behind the enemy champ. Our top laner plays as normal. IF the top laner comes out to where the minions meet, the two bot guys come in behind him, and we get a kill, then push top.

Bot either falls back to defend top or they push and we do a lot of damage.

Pros: Easy kill, puts enemy top behind, and gives top lane a quick advantage in push. Also, helps with our over aggressiveness by allowing bot to get pushed a bit.

Cons: Do bot laners suffer in XP and gold? If enemy top doesn't come out to where the minions meet, is the entire tactic a failure? Can bot catch up quick enough when they return to bot?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw this on the LoL forums and checked it out. Gordo, look at 2:42. That's a bad ass move, but how often do you get a chance to flip someone into a turret, and then glue them?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Prolly won't be on till late tonight, ive got a full weekend ahead. Hope to get some games in tonight cause im itching to see some more Nautilus/Singed tank action!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Saw this on the LoL forums and checked it out. Gordo, look at 2:42. That's a bad ass move, but how often do you get a chance to flip someone into a turret, and then glue them?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Not much there I didn't already know/do. Peeps in that video played stupidly against Singed... I WISH the peeps we played against at higher levels were like that.

Only think I didn't know was that particular rune loadout. The idea of more speed runes intrigues me.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Most likely off again tonight. Big weekend after a big week right before another big week. Big sucks.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think part of my problem with Urgot is that I'm trying to play him tanky. He's not a tank. He's supposed to be a carry. So, I should play him as one. I can pick up phantom dancers to give him more speed. And I need to learn how to flash. So, when I swap places with someone, I can flash back to safety instead of trying to tank back to safety. That didn't work. The first games we played with him, I was taking all carry items. Blood Thirsters, etc. Lately, I've been getting armor and stuff. Things worked better when I dealt damage.

So, I'm going back to carry mode with him and learning to use flash.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sounds good to me.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Your homework is to learn my swap spell animation. There's a 2 second pause before it happens. Both me and the target are locked down during the pause. There's noise and arrows on the ground while it's charging up. Learn those signs. I always try to announce when I'm doing it, but you'll often see it happening before you hear me say anything due to voice comms lag. Also, KNOW that it will always be the squishiest person on the other team.

But anyway, learn it. There were a handful of times we were wasting our stuff. I'd lock on to someone and call it. Voice lag. You flip the person right on top of me. We swap a half an inch. Or, Same thing as above, except the swap will happen, then the enemy is on the opposite side of you and you flip him back where he was. Of course we miss hand off opportunities to send them up our stairs. But know that whenever you call a target, hit your ult and charge in, I'm holding back to do my part of the hand off. So, often, you are charging ahead of me and I'm not going in. That's why. I'm holding back for the hand off. But then they outrun you, you chase, then you are way ahead of me and alone. Then I try to come help/save you, and we are over extended, etc. I'll try to trail better so I'm not left way behind hoping you get them within range of me swapping them to the turret/stairs.

So, again, learn the signals. I will announce when it's cooled down so you can try to be on alert. It starts with about a 90 second cool down. Late game, it's about 60.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I know the signal. I know what it looks like when you initiate the swap. But 9 times out of 10, by the time I see it, and my brain registers what is happening, I don't have time to get into position, or stop the flip I already initiated. There is a delay in my own controls, too. If I initiate a flip on someone, and I change my mind (or realize I clicked a minion by accident or something) and click off somewhere, there is about a .4 second delay where it will flip, anyway.

I addressed this last night with respectfully suggesting you try and give me warning before you do the swap. Again, TRY. I completely understand that sometimes these things are spur of the moment, and you have no time to say a thing before your fingers initiate the swap, but even if we are just staged and waiting for an incoming attack to hit our turret, if you just mention that your swap is ready to go, I can get myself in a better position to exploit it. You know Singed's flip cools down in about 8 seconds... I have absolutely no idea what Urgot's swap refresh is, be it 10 seconds or 2 minutes. No idea.

So yes, I know what we need to work on. Yes, I know what we need to do. No, I disagree that we were not on the same page last night, I just need to learn to mindread your playing Urgot as well as you mindread my playing Singed. You have had a lot more time to practice it.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

When I said we weren't on the same page, it was in reference to our aggression. The last game, you were hyper aggressive and sucking me into situations where I didn't need to be. Then I'd die. And you were taking all the farm. Second to last, it was the opposite. We are way better about waiting for last hits on the minions, but you were gassing them way more the last game, thus you getting all the farm. I wanted to fight near our turret both for safety, and for flips. I think you were scorned from the previous game and were going nuts with your gas. Last game, my farm was decent, but I was playing way too far out in the lane.

So that's what I meant by different pages. You seemed eager to run out and kill them (minions and enemy) when I was afraid to be near them (the enemy).

OH, and Leisher's homework. Talk more! There was one big disconnect where you came down for a gank. I think you called a target, but then the enemy changed something just in time that the gank at that moment had changed. (They went back under their turret, didn't push minions, or something). Gordon and I were still scanning for an opportunity, I saw one, initiated. Gordon followed. We both died as you were half way back to top. By all means, if the gank isn't there, get back to farming. Just let us know. :-) This was addressed when it happened. But your homework is to not let it happen again. "Heading back to farm, you are on your own." is perfect.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Handling the roaming teams. . .

Last two games, the other teams were roaming in packs ganking left and right. We continued to try to lane cause that's what we do. This failed because we kept giving them gank opportunities. They always out numbered us. I think that when the enemy does this, we need to answer in kind. Group up and hunt them before they get a lopsided kill score. I think they match us in levels, even with the low farm, because we are dead and not farming. Plus, they get XP and gold for the kill.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Oh, that "different pages." Ok. I remember at least twice where you swapped and I did a flip to nowhere, so thought that is what you meant.

Second-to-last game, yeah, we discussed how I got way unlucky with farm. Nothing I did got me a last hit, plus I had no kills/assists, so it was just double whammy and for all intents and purposes you guys were fighting a 2v3. Once we were already way behind I went for a kill more than once when I shouldn't have, just hoping to get a few dollars. Never worked, but what I was doing wasn't working, either.

Last game, I never had any specific, conscious "kill everything/fuck bitches/get gold" mindset, but I may have done it accidentally. I remember asking you at one point if you were good for gold, asking if I was hogging it. You said you were good. But we were doomed from the beginning since we had the "wrong spells for the loss," or whatever the phrase was.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »