League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:In SR, it's a lot of inter-team fighting, lack of adjusting, etc. I think we need to consider ourselves as "starting over" and not worry so much about wins and loses on SR. Let's just work on teamwork, and learning champs. Stay positive. Find our fifth. The wins will come.
Agreed 100% we should kinda think of this as starting over cause in the end we are gonna need a bigger roster of champs for all of us to be comfortable with.

I personally like the idea of having roles, i feel most comfortable solo top or in the jungle right now. If scooty is gone then we should consider what type of role we all wanna play and what role our fifth should play.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Oh yeah, and everyone recieved a free 10 game IP boost for all of the delays in the last patch.

Nice!! now i can save up for another champ and play him whenever i please just to piss ya'll off.. LOL, JK.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Went Urgot again. Ended up top lane with Victor. Malzahar was mid. Gang and Nautalus were bottom. Right off the bat, Victor was kind of a dick. Figured is was going to be a long dumb game. At about level 6, he started roaming looking for ganks. I was alone against Amumu and Sion. But it wasn't long before Amumu or Sion would roam as well. So it was mostly 1v1 up top against one of them. Lots of action in the other lanes. I just kept farming. At one point, I was against Sion and Amumu came out of the bushes and they tried to gank me. I got away with just a bit of health. Victor throws out a "wtf Urgot?" I have not idea what that meant. Didn't even know how to respond. I was suppose to kill them? I shouldn't have been ganked? I have no idea. Anyway, I just kept in top lane. At one point, he dropped his slow/stun circle thing and locked sion down. I used that as an opportunity to swap with Sion. We ended up killing him just as Amumu showed up. Amumu didn't press his attack. I ended the game 1/1/1. The other team surrendered at 24 minutes. There was only 9 kills earned by our team. Other team had 5. No idea why they surrendered so early.

But, didn't do too bad as Urgot, solo top, sometimes against two enemies. Was all farmed up by the time they surrendered.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fiora is...odd. I really like her, but at the same time I have no idea what I'm doing yet.

Here's what I'm seeing:
-She just doesn't seem to make money. Maybe it's because I'm jungling with her? I always seem to be behind in items.
-I'm still learning my jungling route, so I won't get into that. I need to practice my timing there, particularly with my Smite usage.
-I keep forgetting to use my W to send normal attacks back to my attacker.
-Her Ult really isn't the greatest thing ever, and gets weaker with each enemy added to the mix. I guess that makes sense for a "duelist".
-She is SLOW. Miss Fortune is a lightning bolt compared to her. I think that's one of the biggest factors in me having trouble with her to start. I'm used to MF's speed, and thus, base my attacks and retreats on that. Maybe if she stopped side stepping everywhere, and actually sprinted...
-Like Trynd and MF, her attack speed does a decent job of taking down turrets. She's definitely one that we can backdoor with during games where the enemy is aggressively pushing.

During the first game with her last night I was really thrown off by Shaco's counter jungling. I had no idea how to compensate. I think I was trying to gank a bit too much too. Did we win that game or was that the one we lost?

During the second game, I focused more on my path, and without an enemy jungler, was doing much better. Got my first gank kill with Cake in mid, and had successful ganks elsewhere. (Successful gank = Making folks run for health, getting a kill, and/or making them use a summoner spell. I read that somewhere, and it makes sense.) I also did MUCH better in fights, but I would still die. Granted I was killing one or two before dying, but she doesn't have a lot of escapability. I think I need to adjust when I use her ult. I can't lead with it unless our team is charging in, as it leaves me vulnerable. It is a great finisher though.

That's all I've got for now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

heres how i use my smite:

-Start at Blue and Smite when big Golem is below half health
-go wolves/wraiths and double golems smite should be about up when you're hitting the doubles but don't use it yet
-Go to red and use your smite there

That should be about the time you may need to recall or maybe if you have enough health hit the wraiths and wolves again before you recall.

Also remember to get the point in your masteries that gives you +10 gold when you use smite. It may not seem like much but use it on Blue and Red buffs early and mid game. and dont forget to use it all game long on any minion for that matter. the cooldown is like a minute or so, so it can really add up if you use it througout the course of the game.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

-Start at Blue and Smite when big Golem is below half health
-go wolves/wraiths and double golems smite should be about up when you're hitting the doubles but don't use it yet
-Go to red and use your smite there

That should be about the time you may need to recall or maybe if you have enough health hit the wraiths and wolves again before you recall.

That's pretty much what I did in that second game, so cool. Although, I went mid for a moment after red to see if I could gank.

Also remember to get the point in your masteries that gives you +10 gold when you use smite. It may not seem like much but use it on Blue and Red buffs early and mid game. and dont forget to use it all game long on any minion for that matter. the cooldown is like a minute or so, so it can really add up if you use it througout the course of the game.

In a 60 minute game, if you used it each minute, that would be 600 extra gold. That's IF you remembered to use it all the time, and doesn't include the first 1:55 seconds. Not sure that's worth the trade off of losing a point elsewhere?

I do need to rework my masteries for jungling though.

Also, as an FYI Cake, I went all att spd runes for that second game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't know how to counter Shaco's counter jungle either. Wards are a must/only option I think. You don't have to time your smite unless you are challenged for the kill. Smite will obviously do the damage any time and you instantly get the +10 gold for using it. I use it on the bigger stuff while jungling to kill them faster. Once I can kill the big stuff easily, I just spam it for the extra gold it gives me. I'll kill minions in lane, etc. Use it every time it's up.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wanted to reiterate this:

Consider a Mastery set that is heavy defense. I used it accidentally last night on AP Singed, and all 3 or 4 games we played, I did very well with not feeding. It very much could have been a coincidence, so I am not going to bet Leisher's life on it YET... but there was definitely a few times when I was leaving a scrap with less than a bar of health, and I think the defensive masteries kept me alive.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

ok, well even if you only get 300 out of it, thats like 4 free wards, or a pink eye.

personally i always have went defensive in the jungle, using the masteries that reduce minion damage by 2 and the one that returns damage back to them. also all jungle minions are AD so starting cloth armor and 5 health pots helps alot to get through the jungle faster and with more health. and your already half way to the wriggles lantern also.

I also almost always use the same rune page for jungling.
-Move speed quints.. you might like those cause you said she was slow, and they are universally good on any champ.
-Attack speed reds... for obvious reasons
-Flat armor yellows.. also helps with jungle minions
-Magic resist per level blues.. i like these for late game tankiness, but since your AD carry you can go with attack speed here.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Magic resist blue for late game tankiness?!?! Don't you get like 12 or something. That's not gonna do much against a 1700+ AP Veigar!

So, Gordon and I laned together as Singed and Urgot. Wasn't a good pairing. Maybe with more practice and whatnot. But, it seemed more like we were doubling up on abilities or something. There's probably a better combo than that.

I've been getting stuck solo laning when I play with random people. Against randoms, I do pretty well.

I was laning with Vayne the last game I played. Our team was actually really AD heavy. But we still owned the other team. I let her farm and I would harass. I was actually getting the kills with my range as they out ran her. Not sure who my perfect laning partner would be, yet. Probably someone with high attack speed. So, when I switch them behind our line, my partner can tear them up while I slow their retreat with my missile/shield combo. His other role would be top solo, I'm guessing. I'm also doing tanky builds instead of AD builds. Have yet to have a game long enough to get a full build.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1336000150
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Right, no amount of magic resist or health for that matter will be effective against a fully fed Vieger. But alot of DPS champs have AOE AP damage like Shyvanna, Udyr, Singed, Skarner, Mundo and even items like a sunfire cape that don't do tons of damage but do damage over time. For things like that the extra 25 MR you get cuts those down by just about half per tick. That adds up over time expecially when i play melee DPS champs mostly myself.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think whatever lane is closest to OUR red on SR should camp it to make sure the enemy doesn't try to steal it.

This would also ensure that whomever that is doesn't accidentally get too aggressive by pushing the lane too quickly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dreadknight Nasus looks pretty bad ass.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Buy it for me.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

So does Varus. you still thinking of getting him Leisher?

Edited By Leisher on 1336495404
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I want to see him in action first.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

im sure if you log on just about every game you spectate will have one being that he is brand new. There are always five game to choose from and they change them like every five mins. Check it out, im positive you will see some Varus action there.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fiora showed up on TT last night and convinced me that I'll soon be hearing, "Fiora is OP. Play a real champ."

Had Singed and Nautilus at bottom. The twin tank combo seemed to be working well, but watching them try to kill a tower or nexus is brutal.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was like chopping down a tree with a spoon.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

LOL!! but the Goo pool, flip, grab, slow, stun, pop up was so OP!! And by the time that combo was done we were just about ready to do it all over again. Talk about some crown control. It even made a team with about 4K total wins surrender!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!