League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think my Nassus game is getting better.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Consider me out this week. It's annual meetings week at work, so I'm going to be busy. I'm giving two presentations tomorrow, including one at a dinner my department is hosting.

I'm working late tonight, then watching Captain America with the wife to prep her for The Avengers (we watched Thor Sunday). Tomorrow I'm hosting that dinner, and will be exhausted after all day meetings. Wednesday is golf.

I might be back Thursday night, and if not then, definitely Friday.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Red gank. Is it worth it?

Yes, we're stealing red and getting "First Blood", but at what cost?

As someone who's been playing bot lately, when we get back to lane, we're two levels down, and our turret is being pushed. We can't be the only lane it's putting behind.

I suppose I could dump heal and change it to Teleport so I get back to lane faster.

I just want to see if everyone thinks it's a great idea to continue doing it? And don't get me wrong, this is not a campaign to end it, as it's pretty fun. I just want to make sure it's worth it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

i like the red gank, but if we are playing the Blue team (starting at the bottom) then i think it should just be the jungler, top and mid getting it. and if we're playing the other side then everyone but top lane should go.

i've also noticed it puts the jungler behind when we do that, and usually the jungler needs a leash at blue after that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

FYI: Until further notice, I will not be playing Teemo, Trynd, or MF.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You'll play what I say and like it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

you're not the boss of me.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

im just gonna random from now on.. lol
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That could actually be fun now and then... everyone goes random.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

something to make it fun again.. i like that we all wanna be competitive and win but i wanna have fun too.

if my internet is turned on tonight i might be down for some random gaming, or at least try new champs type thing. No pressure and all fun, so if anyone is down join in with me. If not i totally understand and there will be no hard feelings.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Who is playing tonight, and when.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I will make my glorious return this evening now that hell week at work in almost over.

Probably somewhere between 9-11 depending on my family. I'll be shooting for 10, but you know how families like to mess with schedules.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's Friday so it's probably

1. Put kid to bed.
2. Steak w/hashed browns w/couple home brews
3. Watch Game of Thrones while eating
4. League.

Been playing some games with Galio. I am ready with another tank in the case of Singed/Nasus being banned/taken.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Is there any way to datamine for which players other teams/members usually pick to try and ban those? Or are there just general players to ban?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yes, there is a way.

I'm not sure what it is.

1. If you plan on joining us, probably a good idea not to focus on champs we focus on.

2. Singed is usually banned, and when he is not, I play him. We usually ban Rammus because he is a pain in the ass, but if you got good at him we'd play him. Ditto Morgana. Cake plays Nocturne, and lately Ziggs. Leisher is Tryndamere and Miss Fortune and Teemo.

Some characters are tanky (hard to kill), some do physical damage, some magic damage. Learning those 3 concepts will take you far.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Catt, if you're looking to focus on characters, we need a really good nuker and/or support person.

A nuker is an AP champion that can hit for an absolute ton once or twice, but doesn't have a lot of sustainability in a fight. (Brand, Veigar, etc. are AP nukers.)

A support champ lanes with an AP or AD carry (those folks do constant damage and can survive longer) and buffs/heals them. Good support champs are: Lulu, Soraka, Janna, Lux, Taric, etc.

P.S. Gordo's list of who we play is getting shuffled. We recently discovered that we rely too much on certain champions. Thus, I won't be playing with the three he listed in the short term. I'll be working on other AD carries.

And honestly, it's not a bad idea to focus on a "job" like AP nuker, Support, AP carry, AD carry, or tank.

Edited By Leisher on 1335545769
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, no, I was really just curious at the datamining aspect of it as a way to prepare better for opponents.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:Oh, no, I was really just curious at the datamining aspect of it as a way to prepare better for opponents.
Ha.

You want to out-nerd the nerds.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:Oh, no, I was really just curious at the datamining aspect of it as a way to prepare better for opponents.
Ha.

You want to out-nerd the nerds.
Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I approve.

What kind of data do you need?