League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Since we have 4 days to play 5 ranked games before we are put into "Inactive" status, I recommend we play them tonight. Competition is a lot tougher on the weekends.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

5 ranked games in one category.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

not sure if i will be able to tonight, ill be working at the house this evening trying to get everything together to move in. but i might be able to squeeze in a game or 2 tonight.. Tmrow will be the best day for me, and the last i can play till monday when my 12Mbs internet gets installed in the new crib! So i will not be playing saturday or sunday.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just FYI, I'm 100% out on Saturday.

As for you Stranger, I wouldn't bother getting on tonight. Due to your limited availability, the fact that I'm out on Saturday too, and who knows what anyone else's plans are...I'm now 100% certain we're going to have to play 5 ranked TT (3v3) games, and we need to start tongiht if we're going to have them done prior to the weekend ending to prevent us from losing our team name.

(If you're unaware, Riot gave us an ultimatum to get 5 played ASAP or lose our team name.)

Let's get as many done as we can tonight so we can play normally or 5v5 ranked Friday night. I'll be on between 9-9:30.

Edited By Leisher on 1334860957
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Let's get as many done as we can tonight so we can play normally or 5v5 ranked Friday night. I'll be on between 9-9:30.
Same.

Cakedaddy will be the one who will wait until 9 to shower and then want to eat dinner at 9:30.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

U guys play any ranked lastnight?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wins: 1
Losses: 2

First 2 games, they banned Singed, and we lost.
Last game, I was able to play Singed, in fact we played the game with the characters we always play, and we won.

Bought Nasus last night and will be training him hard so I can still have something tanky when I can't play Singed. Ryze is too squishy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

To review...

Game 1:
It was Morde, Wukong, and Renekton versus our Noc, Ryze, and Teemo.

Ryze and Teemo are just way, way too squishy. We tried living under out turret, and we did ok there, but eventually they could turret dive us without fear as neither Gordo or I was doing much damage.

Plus, they were good players. Not great, we've seen much better, but give good players a huge advantage in attack power and hit points, and they'll win, which they did. They were also big time pushers, which helped their cause because once our builds finally got to the level where we were able to fight back, it was too late.

Game 2:
They were Nautilus, Vladamir, and Garan. We were MF, Ryze, and Ashe, again way too squishy at bot lane.

This game really showed how unprepared we were because we should have won. The score was lopsided, and it was ALL us. I had no problem with Vlad up top, but I was the only guy on our team who had played their character more than once in a month or more. We had no team dynamic going, and even started sleeping a bit on communication. I think we were all unsure of our team build going into the game, and our lack of confidence showed.

Game 3:
We got Singed back, and the raised energy was obvious. It was like we've been fighting gun fights with a butterfly knife, and someone finally handed us our pistol. So Singed, Teemo, and Noc against Gangplank, Mundo, and Lux.

We hit our comfort zone, and what happens? We roll them easily. We were communicating, we were joking around, we could anticipate each others moves, we were simply playing better.

Last night reaffirmed something for me: familiarity with your teammates' champions AND team comp are critical to success. You don't have to have the fastest mouse to win in this game, you just need great teamwork and knowledge. We have consistently destroyed (not just beaten) teams with good individual players. It's the teams with a good team comp, and good teamwork that beat us.

I think despite going 1-2, we did good last night because we didn't just get pissy. We learned exactly where we were unprepared, and we're making adjustments. Plus, I think there were some jitters last night...
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

really?! singed got banned twice? Gordo's Singed is becoming LEGEND..wait for it........DARY!!!!

Well that sucks. looking forward to playing tonight tho if thats the plan
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Singed is one of the most banned champs. Trynd and Singed were banned every game.

The plan is to play this evening. I'll be on around 10ish.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Getting up to speed with Nasus in between doing productive things.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:really?! singed got banned twice? Gordo's Singed is becoming LEGEND..wait for it........DARY!!!!

Well that sucks. looking forward to playing tonight tho if thats the plan
I plan on playing tonight.

I think we are all off Saturday night.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We are all off Saturday night. YOU are training Nassus.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:We are all off Saturday night. YOU are training Nassus.
Tonight let's play a couple regular games with me as Nasus, then go ahead and finish up our next 2 raknked games and just hope for Singed.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Nasus and renekton are both considered good solo tops. I know I have been doing solo top, but for the good of the team I'm willing to play any roll necessary. I'll do a true support if that's what u guys want. I've got plenty of IP and RP to buy whoever. Lemme know what u guys think.

I was thinking of buying Hecarim cause he is a tanky DPS mela with good movement speed. The same things that skarner, shyvana and udyr are and I seem to excel with those type of characters. From what I've been seeing of him he is a good jungler and solo top.

So I guess I wanna know what roll u guys want me to fulfill cause I wanna be on the same page
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hotfix patch, and huge queue to log in. Don't wait for the last minute.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Our disconnects:

Communication - I don't even know what this means any more. Last night blew up, and I didn't even know why, until the end. So, communication before the game starts? During the game? After the game? I thought it was pretty clear that we were training and had very little chance of winning. Next thing I know, people are rage quitting mid/post game. But, I heard that our communication sucks, so, what's the fix?

My version of the fix: Someone be the leader, everyone else follow the leader. If you need to fall back due to health/mana, call that out. You see a target call it out. It's up to the leader if it's a viable target. Etc. We shouldn't have everyone calling out orders, targets, etc. We'll have conflicting orders and then chaos. The leader should be talking a lot. The rest of the team should be talking in short 5 word sentences every once in a while so comms don't get cluttered.

Consistency - This one Gordon and I are adamant about. The rest of the team has varying degrees of not caring about it. In my opinion, when we have this, communication is far less needed. I don't need Gordon to tell me he's flipping someone. I just know it. Scooty and I were talking about this today. He says "If you see me do a move with Ren twice, you should know that I do that move. What more is needed?" I said "Knowing what Ren does is only a small part of things. Knowing what Scooty does with Ren is the difference." To me, there is a world of difference between playing with someone, and playing next to someone. I can play with Singed. I know him. I know his weaknesses and his strengths. I know when he can take damage, and when he needs to fall back. I can play WITH him because I know when the flip is coming. I know how long his glue will slow. With Ren, I can only play next to him. I don't know how much damage his moves do. I don't know his damage sustainability. I can only play next to him. And when playing next to him, I'm far more cautious. I react WAY after he does something because I didn't know it was coming. Etc. We are just two guys on the same screen doing their thing. We can call a common target. He can announce that he's going to zip in and zip out. But that impracticable. Announcing every time you are going to do an ability so your teammate can use it and add to it is ridiculous. With voice lag, I'd see it before I heard it. Our comms would become a garbled mess, etc. We can call out some of them (Skarners going to pull, Singed is going to flip) but with good team consistency, they wouldn't have to. This, above all else, is the most important aspect of a competitive team, and the thing we are most lacking in. That's my opinion. Unfortunately, I am in the minority. Everyone will agree that it's important, but it will continue to be the thing most ignored.

What kind of team are we - Aggressive pushers, cautious farmers, gay lesbians. Here again, we are on different pages. I think we should be cautious farmers. Killing the enemy is secondary. If it's given to us, take it. Otherwise, keep harassing them and get all last hits. This is how the pros play, this is how we should play. Some of us agree with this and KNOW we should do this, but don't. We push away. We get bored and would rather just keep hacking and slashing stuff and expose ourselves to ganks and fighting under their turrets. Because eventually, we run out of minions and the only thing to hit is the enemy champ that is baiting us waiting for his friends.

So, in summary, we have mostly crappy communications, our consistency is for crap and we have zero discipline.

Someone write up a page for us all to get on. Once it's written, everyone's on it, or they can play with someone else. This is the last time I mention consistency. Take it or leave it. The game is fun enough without it that I will keep playing, but I can never take our team seriously without it. If we are going to push all willy nilly, that's fine too. It's fun, but I can't take our team seriously if we do it. Communications. There are so many levels that this is broken on. Some only revealed to me last night. So, someone come up with proper communication protocols. Then lets follow them. And if I'm wrong about the importance of consistency or our play style, so be it. Prove me wrong. I welcome it because winning is fun. And don't confuse not taking our team seriously with me not trying. I will play the best ziggs/noc/etc that I can every single game, just as I always have. I just won't expect anything different than what we've had in the past. Streaks of wins/losses/etc. We play our games, laugh about what went wrong/right and go to bed.
83-1330479420

Post by 83-1330479420 »

What kind of team are we - Aggressive pushers, cautious farmers, gay lesbians.

Gay Lesbians...

Isn't that like, one of those double negatives? Meaning it would technically be positive? Lesbians are already gay, sooo saying a gay person is gay, means that really they aren't gay?
83-1330479420

Post by 83-1330479420 »

Other then that, i completely agree with everything you said.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

And that's the problem.