League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:Just wanted to note the occasion of us having our TT base pushed, the score is 6 to 25, only 2 of us are defending the base, we get an ace, and our third pushes their base and wins it for us.

Then I was in a bad mood because it was a bad night overall so I mocked them a little.
Wanted to point out that this is about the situation Cake described earlier, except that we gave up a lot of kills. His "Don't fight at all, and just keep pushing their base" philosophy.

We tried to fight and got our asses kicked, right up to late game.... but by the time we went 100% defensive, the tactic paid off.

Also, I am not naming names, but next time I hear fighting or mean spirited sarcasm over comms I am signing off :-D No offense, but it was a bummer. I don't even want to play now because all these negative vibes are out there.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote:Also, I am not naming names, but next time I hear fighting or mean spirited sarcasm over comms I am signing off :-D No offense, but it was a bummer. I don't even want to play now because all these negative vibes are out there.
AGREED!!I know things can get tense in the heat of the battle, but we all play this game to have fun.

So lets be fair, critique others when needed, be competitive and enjoy why we are playing this game in the first place.

So Gordo... Stop feeding you selfish jerk, you only play this game for yourself and never think about the team!!

You mad Bro??!!!!LOL
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No patch yet and folks on the forum are pissed. What a bunch of assclowns.

"WTF Riot! Where's my patch? Learn to do your jobs!"

Go fuck yourselves morons. Do you want a patch the breaks your game or do you want one that works and adds content.

Ungrateful pricks.

I should really work in PR.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

PR is fine, HR is worthless and everyone who ever aspired to be an HR person should be punished harshly, in some way.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Verified that CDR items stack. There is a cap though. I'm not sure what it is, but I've heard it was 40%.

Does Teemo take Nashur's Tooth? Bonus ability power, 25% cool down (highest item I've found) and 40% attack speed. Ouch.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Verified that CDR items stack. There is a cap though. I'm not sure what it is, but I've heard it was 40%.

Scooty said all that in game the other night.

Does Teemo take Nashur's Tooth? Bonus ability power, 25% cool down (highest item I've found) and 40% attack speed.

Yes, it's usually the second or third item I build.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

He read message boards and took their word for it. I tested it. That's all I'm saying. Not saying he was lying or wrong. Only that he read about it and took them for their word. I guess I'm more skeptical, so I tested it.
83-1330479420

Post by 83-1330479420 »

When i'm reading Riot Employee's clarifying that CDR is stackable up to 40%? Yep. I'll take their word for it. Not like they yah know, created the game or anything. They're just out there trying to hoax and trick all the players into THINKING it stacks. Trolls i say. Trolls.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The patch has arrived.

Remember to update your clients and redo your masteries pages.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

By the way, I might buy the next character out of the gate. Folks are indicating he's a new ranged AD, and I've heard more than one MF comparison.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

The one they released with this patch? He looks melee to me.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

http://www.lolpro.com/news....changes

you talking about Varus? he is the next champion to be released. Looks kinda like an Ashe type champ to me. He looks pretty cool tho.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ended the night at 40 above 500. I was surprised with the 3 losses. Then I saw "Loss Prevented" in my match history. Due to the chat issues, some losses are nullified if someone drops or has an error or something. I remember crashing in one, but I had two prevented. It was the TT game we started with. I don't remember any of us having an issue. Oh well. I'll take it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I dropped that last game... so that means those games don't count as losses?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also, I don't think Ryze was my problem, I think getting used to playing Ryze was my problem. There were a couple unavoidable ganks, but he's just not Singed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

LoLers trying to get into Guiness.
you talking about Varus?

Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think the major difference between Ryze and Singed is, obviously, the flip.

Ryze has the stun, but it just isn't obviously enough a fight initiator as a big ol' obvious flip that pulls a guy out of line into the middle of a pack of rabid dogs. In many fights as Ryze... which I CAN'T initiate, I try to stun whatever guy we are hitting, but it just isn't obvious. Singed gets half his kills from off screen when his poison gas finally kills someone... Ryze is right there dealing damage and only gets direct kills. SInged is better at laning without using up his spells, with his gas that will take out an entire wave in about 7 seconds with minimal mana usage. Ryze has to cast his ult and bouncy balls to kill a wave of minions, and his ult takes about a minute to refresh.

MAYBE....

Maybe our team is so accustomed to having Singed start the fights that no one else is as good at it?

Edited By GORDON on 1334842246
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We won the game you dropped out of.

Well mister, we better FIND a way. . . to initiate fights without Singed. It's different without Singed, but not impossible. Singed made the target obvious. We'll have to get better with reading the fight. And besides, we should be fighting less anyway. That game we had the kill lead and good pushing going on. After that, we started listening to Gang's whining about people not being in fights. We were doing much better with our split pushing and picking our fights better. When we started following Gang, the kill lead switched and they pushed us. We are the type of team that can win without an initiator. We just need to stop getting sucked into the joy of scoring kills.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You know who's a good initiator? Trynd. Of course, when he starts the fight, it's already over.

I don't buy Ryze as a "closer". Ryze is a facilitator. He helps enemy champions to their death, but doesn't show them the door.

That's not discounting him. It just means I really believe when we have him in game, we need to play conservatively, and not push aggressively.

Edited By Leisher on 1334844909
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Thats what i love so much about skarner. Once ive got some sorry chump in my grip i just drag his ass into the rest of ya and its night night for that guy.

We do need some sorta initiate, i personally love when we have a team full of slows and stuns. Like when we run Ashe, Skarner, Nasus, Singed and whatever carry Leisher plays, that is godlike slows. If one of us gets on them the rest of the team can catch up to them and pile on while Leisher delivers the finishing blows.

Edited By Leisher on 1334848240
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!