GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

LMS 4 rate
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hey guys, im happy to finally be apart of this discussion. i have read the last few pages of it and its interesting to say the least.. First off, as much as you guys may think that im playing whatever charecter i think is fun at the moment i am not.

I don't think anyone is saying that about you. You're Skarner, Udyr, Shyvanna, Garan, sometimes Kog, and Ahri is new. That's off the top of my head. Did I miss a character?

So if anything im trying to fill out every roll that i can on the team so i can be as versatile as can be.
Trust me guys, i want nothing more than to be a team player. but i think in normal unranked games is the best place for us to try different things and strategies. How else are we gonna find what works best for us if we dont try differnt things?

Here's where we're having a problem as a team getting on the same page.

Consistency keeps getting mentioned, and I think we need to explain it in more detail:

Back when we started playing I was using Garan and then Trynd. I did decently, but had a really hard time against ranged foes. However, after a lot of practice, I learned how to fight them.

Then I started playing ranged characters and would play mid from time to time, and I sucked. However, I practiced and played a lot of games, and now I think I'm the best mid on our team, and a lot better than most mids we see. Yes, I said that. Far more often than not, I'm killing not feeding in mid, and taking out their turret before they get our turret. That's 1v1 without taking any junglers/ganks into account. However, lately I've tried to go solo top with MF, and I've had trouble. It's odd because it seems like it'd be just like mid, but it's not. So I'm practicing...

Taking this a bit further, I lane with Gordo and Cake very well. We know what we're each doing, and communicate excellently. However, I've been playing video games with them since the mid 90s.

Point being, I can lane with Gordo/Cake, I can play mid, I can play AD carries, etc. because of practice and repetition.

To put this a different way...
Larry Bird wasn't born with basketball skills. He worked hard his whole life by practicing, practicing again, and practicing some more before he became a legend. Michael Jordan was born with the ability to play basketball, but never won shit because he didn't know how to play with a team. Once he learned that skill, he became the greatest player ever. A skill that LeBron James does not possess, so despite his fantastic game, he can't win shit.

Consistency. Repetition.

Gordo will tell you that he used to think of himself as the weak link on the team. He used to think that he'll never be good enough to compete. Now he's the most solid role player on our team.

Consistency. Repetition.

We should be heading into games with an idea of what role each other is going to play, and some idea of characters. As things have been lately, we might as well all just choose "Random" at character selection. And I say that as someone who's all for using more than 5 characters per person!!!

I don't think Gordo should be stuck as Singed. I don't think you should always be our jungler. I don't think I should always be mid or the AD carry. Etc. However, I also don't think that we should be switching everything up EVERY game. That's not productive. It doesn't give anyone a chance to learn anything except to lose and fight amongst ourselves.

Right now, our standard is:
Me mid with MF
Gordo bot with Singed
Stranger jungle with Skarner/Udyr
Cake ?
Scooty ?

So why are Cake and Scooty question marks? Because of inconsistency. Cake's is easy to explain, he's filling whatever role the team needs. Based on what Scooty or you pick he'll either top with Maokai or bot as Ashe with Gordo or jungle with Noc.

I have been a defender for Scooty since day one, even though he has thought otherwise, but in this area, he is wrong, and so is Stranger. You guys haven't noticed, but Cake, and a lot of times myself are basing our champions game by game based on who you decide to play and what role you're taking. When that changes on a game by game basis, nobody is learning anything because our roles aren't secured, we haven't played them enough, and we're not going to get practice because we're getting steamrolled by teams with consistency.

That's NOT saying we can't play different champs or try different roles!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's just please get on the same page prior to the champion select screen where we have a running timer, and guys taking 40 seconds to decide who they'll play and what they'll do.

Consistency. Repetition.

I guess im a lil more open to trying other charecters in unranked cause really thats not where it counts. Its the ranked games we should be serious about. how are we supposed to see what else our team offers if we only see Singed, MF and Ashe?

Im willing to play any role for our team. I also own Taric witch is a great support.. I'll play bottom lane and get no CS and let our AD carry get all the minion kills if thats whats needed. Either way i love playing LOL but i dont love the tension sometimes. i wanna win just a much as everyone else but we should be trying different strategies too.. ya never know, we might find different rolls that make our team much better...

I'm moving to this quote only for the "try different things in unranked games" theme, but I'm continuing from above as well.

I agree. Unranked is exactly where we should be practicing. And FYI, our attempts to play unranked games with champion banning, proves every point I'm trying to make.

Some of us might have played more characters than others, that doesn't mean we're good with them nor does it mean we are going to be an asset to our team as someone they've never seen or aren't used to playing.

Without going to look it up, I just picked Twitch, think to yourself about what he brings to the team. What lane would I go to with him? What items am I getting? What's his ult? How good is his sustain?

Scooty knows these characters better than anyone, and any of us could look them up prior to the game starting, but even after reading about them, we don't know what they do. There's no experience there. No consistency...

Perhaps you're right Stranger about "roles"? Maybe we should have one jungler, one tank, one mid, one support, one bot? The person in that role could play ANY character for that role, but must stay in that role.

That works for some pro teams.

I'll let everyone else weigh in on that, but I personally don't love it. I want to play different roles. However, I want to learn them, not just jump into them on a whim.

So take our standard again. I'm at mid, Gordo's at bot, Scooty is top solo, Cake is at bot, and Stranger is jungling. Is everyone awesome in these roles? Do we know how each other's champions work? Quick, what's the countdown on Singed's ult? What is his ult? Know what's funny? I have no idea.

Not that necessary need to know the game that well, but we're not yet perfect, particularly because we keep shuffling the deck...poorly. Poorly because it's without discussion, logic, or even a plan. It's all on whims, and that doesn't equal success.

And at the end of the day I think the number one thing to keep in mind is that my complaint stems from one desire:
"I don't care if we lose. I care if we're competitive."

We have not been competitive lately. We're getting beat by teams we should be rolling through, but we're a grease fire at the moment.

Truthfully, I don't think we have a "standard" at the moment. If we played a ranked game, and I want to, I have no idea who is going where. I have not one iota of a clue as to who Scooty would play or what role.

That's not picking on him, that's just pointing out that our team isn't on the same page yet. THAT'S why we've been avoiding ranked games.

You won't hear us bitch if we lose. You'll hear us bitching if we lose because we didn't play as a team.

Right now, can you tell me who would go where and who they'd play or would you be guessing? Do you honestly trust each person to do their job? What is each person's job? I think we all have little flaws here and there:

Me - Too aggro and need to use wards more in early mid. Needs to position better during team fights. Can focus farming a bit much. Gets lost at times in massive team fights. Literally loses the mouse on screen. Clicks too much, which is odd when playing an autoattack champ this can make him lose his targets.

Gordo - Stuck as Singed. Seems less tanky than other
Singeds. Doesn't have a lot of flexibility in his build.

Stranger - Needs to prioritize which lanes need help better. Needs to stop trying to gank at 50% health. Needs to learn what "stay under the turret" means. :p Needs to learn better defensive tactics.

Scooty - Focuses too much on champion kills. Needs to communicate better. Still plays with a solo focus. Needs to learn better defensive tactics.

Cake - Needs to focus a position. Formerly used to call out targets, but for some reason that stopped. Needs to be straighter. hehe

Strengths:

Me - Best mid on the team. Has a strong grasp of overall strategy in game.

Gordo - By far, the best role player. More secure in his role than anyone else. Him choosing Singed gives me more confidence in a game than anyone else's selections, including my own.

Stranger - Solid jungler. Good team player. Really good initiator, just doesn't realize it yet (I honestly just came to this conclusion while thinking about your game). Might honestly be missing his calling as a tank (initiates, stuns, etc.).

Scooty - When he's Yi, hes should be carrying a wallet that says, "Badass motherfucker" on it. Most versatile player on the team. Most knowledge of champions. Our best 1v1 fighter.

Cake - Best team player on team. Picks to play what we need, not what he wants. Solid player at every role he plays. Can literally fill any role the team needs competently.

Our team is solid, but we don't have a great team yet because we have undefined roles, we haven't been honest with ourselves or each other in terms of weaknesses, and we're not playing as a team, but more as individuals. (Those are the games when we get pissed. Losing has nothing to do with it. It's the effort...)

So back to that standard...if folks want to change things up, let's do it for an entire night, a week, a month...just not game by game.

Perhaps I can take Twitch jungling, Stranger can cover top with Shyvanna, Gordo can go mid with GP, Scooty can go bot with...?... and Cake can support bot with Soraka?

OR

I can go solo top with a tank (Cho or Nasus), Cake can go mid with Ziggs, Stranger can jungle with Udyr/Skarner, and bot can be Gordo/GP and Scooty/Lux?

OR whatever the hell else we come up with, but whatever we do, let's do it consistently and do it multiple times...

And if anyone still doesn't get the point of what we're asking, ask yourself this:
"Does your wife/finance/girlfriend give good head? How do you think she got so good?"

He finally messaged me and said that because he is paralyzed he is still not playing, tonight.

That's ok, I'm out tonight too. I'm spending time with Jillian tonight after the kids go to bed. We're going to watch The Princess Bride.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cake is paralyzed, Leisher grew a vagina. Got it.

As for me playing Singed, I don't see it as being "stuck" with it. I enjoy playing him, and flipping someone is like I have an electrode wired directly to the pleasure center of my brain. I do love it so.

As for being a less tanky Singed, 99% of the time that is by design. Singed's little passive power is that for every 100 mana he has, he gets 25 bonus health. So, since Singed is an AP character, My first 2-3 items are big AP/Mana boosters, since that both gives me damage-dealing ability, and health. After the first few items, I take note of how I am doing.... if I am getting killed a lot, at that point I go with the armor.

By late game, no matter what my build, I am full-on tanky. But, 75% of our games, I am not getting my late-game build. I'd say I hit level 18 about half the time, and half of those times I have gotten enough kills to have an 80% full build. In summary, I don't often get a full build.

But, I don't feel "stuck" as Singed. I have more fun being a very effective teammate than I do playing lots of characters for lots of variety. That being said, I still do like a break, every now and again, so I play GP or Ryze or something, but 95% of the time I am happy with big ol' OP Singed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As for me playing Singed, I don't see it as being "stuck" with it. I enjoy playing him, and flipping someone is like I have an electrode wired directly to the pleasure center of my brain. I do love it so.

As for being a less tanky Singed, 99% of the time that is by design. Singed's little passive power is that for every 100 mana he has, he gets 25 bonus health. So, since Singed is an AP character, My first 2-3 items are big AP/Mana boosters, since that both gives me damage-dealing ability, and health. After the first few items, I take note of how I am doing.... if I am getting killed a lot, at that point I go with the armor.

By late game, no matter what my build, I am full-on tanky. But, 75% of our games, I am not getting my late-game build. I'd say I hit level 18 about half the time, and half of those times I have gotten enough kills to have an 80% full build. In summary, I don't often get a full build.

But, I don't feel "stuck" as Singed. I have more fun being a very effective teammate than I do playing lots of characters for lots of variety. That being said, I still do like a break, every now and again, so I play GP or Ryze or something, but 95% of the time I am happy with big ol' OP Singed.

When we played ranked and Singed is banned or taken with the first pick by the other team who will you then play, what lane will you go in, and how does that affect the rest of team.

You might sit and think of decisions that work, but we'll have about 15-30 seconds to make ALL of those decisions as soon as Singed is out of your hands.

Plus, you playing as one guy means we're building around you. Thus, everyone on our team should own him so aside from a ban, we can be sure to get him for you.

And I withdraw "stuck" because I wasn't implying you hated playing him, but I know sometimes you want to do something else, and I think we should accommodate that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

So maybe then before each game we think of a comp that works good together. Like maybe we wanna have a team that has killer crowd control with tons of stuns and slows.

or maybe a really tanky team with one hard hitting carry to deliver the damage, and its everyones job to keep the enemy off that player at all costs.

Maybe we build a poke comp team that sits at towers and does damage from a distance and never really engages the enemy.

Maybe a mobile team that can counterjungle really well and split push..

Whatever anybody wants to try, im game for it all.. i like the idea of having a strategy before we even start.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So maybe then before each game we think of a comp that works good together.

No. No. No. I don't think you fully read my wall of text.

Consistency. Repetition.

We can do new lineups and such, but not before each game. Once we set one, that's our lineup for the night, week, month, whatever.

i like the idea of having a strategy before we even start.

That's what good teams do and that's all we're saying.

Edited By Leisher on 1334256841
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I agree with 95% of what Leisher has posted. It's the part about me having weaknesses that I disagree with.

I don't think it would be a bad idea for us to discuss team composition. What 5 champs would make a good team. Try to build them using the champs we play. If we find weaknesses, we can try to accommodate them by adding champs to our line up. BUT, when I say consistency, I mean playing champs over and over. Especially the same night. Seeing a champ in action once a week for 8 weeks is WAY different than seeing him 8 games in a row. I'll learn WAY more about that champ 8 games in a row.

One thing I've learned, and I've stated here, watching to pros: They do not care about champion kills. MANY minutes pass before a kill is scored. I'm proposing an exercise. Lets play a few games where we score NO kills. If a fight breaks out, we leave and find something else to do. The ONLY thing we do is push turrets. If the enemy is in top lane, we leave a couple to play defense with the turrets and the other three push bottom. We roam around as a team hitting undefended turrets. I believe we can still win by doing this. The enemies won't have the discipline to maintain their push. They WILL break off to play defense. They'll take towers, but not entire lanes. If they do, well, so will we. Learn to farm and focus on the ONE thing that wins the game. Pushing. I think it would be awesome to win a game having scored NO kills. I also believe that by avoiding combat, the enemy will try even harder to force it. That's what people want. They want the PVP. Deny them and they'll get desperate and stupid.

I'll try to be team leader more.

Cake has weaknesses. HEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHHEH That was funny. . .
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I will be on tonight, and y'all better be on too because tomorrow I get to sleep in so I plan on being up late, drinking, and gaming.

End of conversation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What's up with the patch and some surprising tidbits.

"Right click a friend's name and spectate their match". Awesome! Not this patch, but soon.

P.S. I will be on tonight.

Edited By Leisher on 1334330014
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

i was hoping to get outta the jungle for a bit and try and do some top lane if everyone is cool with that. i know scooty has said he was having trouble up there and i personally like playing shyvanna top. but im not against going bottom with singed and giving that a go also.

Lemme know what you guys think.. i plan on going shyvanna all night tonight to try and give you guys some consistency on my end.

P.s.. that means i will be on tonight.. see ya guys then
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I agree with 95% of what Leisher has posted.

He told me that he loved my post, but refuses to be straighter.

i was hoping to get outta the jungle for a bit and try and do some top lane if everyone is cool with that. i know scooty has said he was having trouble up there and i personally like playing shyvanna top. but im not against going bottom with singed and giving that a go also.

I'm going to criticize you at top, because I do the same stuff, and so does Scooty.

1. Don't be overly aggressive. Play "not to win". Just focus on last hitting minions, and don't push out. If you get a super aggro lane opponent, you might get some easy kills if he turret dives you or overcommits himself. Particularly, if you let our jungler know what's going on.
2. Wards! You'll want one ward down near dragon giving you a big warning on ganks. The other put in the weeds to the side of your turret. Lots of folks hide there.
3. Farm peacefully and you'll be nice and fed for team fights.

So who jungles? Do we make Cake jungle? Scooty? Should I try jungling with Fiora?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wouldn't mind sharpening my jungling stick and have no problems letting you do it too. I know from TT that Fiora is OP and rocks the jungle. You may not even need smite.

I'm not sure when I'll be on. I thought I was done for the day but just got a call to head back out on an emergency call. I need to hire another person. I'm getting my ass kicked.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm thinking I will be on 10ish. Get the kid to bed/eat a steak while watching Game of Thrones/play.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I suuuuuucked the first two games. Mostly because I was trying to take a leadership role and was trying to play the whole team's game, and my game suffered. I made bad calls personally, and then wasn't vocal enough when I saw the team heading into danger. Was not any where near "the zone". Plus, the enemy teams were so friggin' squirly, that it was hard to pick a target. I'd find one, almost call it, but then they'd pull back. Just poking at us repeatedly. I'm watching them bounce around, trying to pick the target, that I don't pick up on queues from you guys to capitalize on. Singed flipping, Annie stunning, etc. Stuffs just happening and I can't keep up with it.

Last game, Scooty broke out Yi and the rest of the team played well along with him. The other team wasn't as good as the previous teams either. I can't believe we still lost. Just kidding. We stayed away from Amumu and Kayle and did a pretty good job of focusing the correct targets. I think my Ziggs play improved by that game as well. I do a pretty good amount of damage and I'm still not using him to his full potential yet. If I can get good with him, he'd be pretty OP. Also, I was far less a leader that game and that helped me play better.

Over all, I still think we focused too much on the team fights. I'm not sure if we are screwing that up, or if I'm the only one on that page. Let me know if I need to drop the idea of concentrating on the farm and push and not so much team fights. I understand we do have to fight. But we shouldn't be seeking it out. Play D against their push, but always maintain our own push. And, a solid push is a very good form of D, in my opinion. They WILL fall back. But again, if I'm the only one on the "don't seek out the fight" page, let me know.

Leisher proposed we pick a winning team for now to get more wins instead of a new team build where we are working on new champs. Thus Scooty breaking out Yi. I agree with this. Shy up top was working well enough, Yi in jungle has been working really well. I did pretty good as Ziggs in mid (I have been practicing him in games without you guys), Leisher was fed well by the random Alistar we had. MF and Singed will make a good team, I think.

I'm questioning our Singed. . . . What do we have to do to have ours be as good as that other Singed we saw. Gordon will say "I never get a full build". And maybe that's why the other played solo top. Should we move our Singed out of a support role? He can still go heavy AP, but still be health tanky. However, I think based on the other Singed's build, he was more tanky. He was able to kill so many of us because he was so much higher in level. So, his DPS compared to his level was medium. We weren't his level. He also played VERY strategically, and I under estimated him early game. He did stuff to me that I never see our Singed do to enemies. So, what's up with that? Step it up Singed! My point is, are we under utilizing Singed? (and get better Gordon) He can go solo top, pure tank, and Shy can play a support role to our bottom carry. So mid to late game, Singed makes a tankier initiator, our jungle, AP mid and carry are fed and our support is supporting. Having a tanky top and a tanky bottom seems like too much tanky, but no full tank.

I'd like to see Scooty do more private practicing at AP mid before going there again. Play jungle Yi with us for now and sharpen your mid skills privately.

Lastly, we need more voice from Scooty. He's playing silent so he doesn't piss anyone off. That's going too far in the opposite direction. This needs to stop. You said you didn't want to call for help because we think you're bossy or something. Last game, you called for help, we came and killed the target. The sigh because you died is what pisses us off. Call for help all game long, and we'll do our best. If you feel a sigh coming on because we couldn't get there fast enough, THAT'S when you should go silent. We aren't letting you die on purpose. I'll let the frustrated "Where was my team?" statement slide because we've all said that. But listen to the explanation and accept it. Don't argue that it was dumb. (I don't think you did this. I'm just saying this because you would in the past) Again, we are all doing the best we can at any given time.

Lastly, second or third game, I said that we can't fight the enemy any more, and Leisher disagreed with this call. From where I was sitting, I was watching us get pushed off of, and killed under, our turrets. We couldn't be on the same screen as them without suffering massive losses. Granted, we COULD fight them if we'd all focus the same, correct target, etc. But, we weren't. Repeatedly. At some point, in my opinion, we have to change something. And since I'm supposed to be the leader, you should do it. :-) It's frustrating to be asked to lead, and then get questioned. A better idea would have been for me to call targets better, sooner, at all, etc. But, I couldn't. I sucked those games and was struggling with the leadership role (as stated above). So, I was adjusting our game play to fit what I was capable of at the moment. It happened again a game or two later. I called Sona as primary, and Stranger changed the target. Again, frustrating. It makes me not want to make decisions because you guys obviously don't trust me, so, why am I trying? I'm open for suggestions, or handing the role off to someone else. I'm not going to fight you for the leader position. But when the enemy is coming in and I call a target. Someone else shouting "No get xxxxx" is bad timing and will cause us to focus different targets, etc. And again, it just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time because no one is listening to me anyway. Question my tactics all you want. Just not in the heat of the moment. :-) And I don't need you to pat me on the back and say "No, you're a good leader". In the heat of the battle, I'm more sensitive to this stuff. When Stranger called the different target, in my head I said "Well then screw it. You call the damn targets." But right now, I know in the heat of the moment, people want to blurt out what they think is obvious. So, in a way, you are calling me stupid, so, screw you. :-) I'm just saying, heat of the moment, bite your tongues, then after the fight, give me your perspective, or take over. Same thing happened when Leisher spoke up "Well then why aren't you leading?!?!". Ok, now it just sounds like I'm bitching again. . . I guess I am, but, screw you. I'm just saying, heat of the moment, it sucks to be questioned. So stop it or I'm quitting!

Feel free to tell me all the things I was doing wrong. I know Scooty's dying to. :-) But really, I already said I sucked, what else needs to be said? :-)
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Funny thing is. . . first two games, trying to play the whole game, I was WAY more aware of where the enemies where in relation to us. Many times, I wanted to ask "What the hell were you thinking fighting there?" Because on my screen, I saw the danger coming and you obviously should have been retreating. But before the slaughter, I didn't say anything because I figured you knew what you were doing and maybe I was wrong in assuming you were going to be in trouble in about 4 seconds. I felt like I'd come off as over zealous telling you how to play, or being too cautious. But I saw how well the enemy was responding to our moves and in my head, predicted the outcome. So, FYI, if I do start saying "You shouldn't be there, or get out, or something", it MIGHT be because I see something you don't! And as we play the same champs more and more, I'll get a better feel for who you can fight and survive and will let the fight play out instead of warning it off. But again, many times, it really seemed I knew more about what was about to happen to you guys before you did. (or you were just stupid ;-) ) HOWEVER, I lost most of my awareness of my own surroundings, leading to my death and poor decisions.

Lastly, everyone start announcing when and how many wards you are buying because I still don't think you guys are carrying your weight here! As far as placement, I prefer the weed bunches in the jungles as apposed to the lane edges, late game. This gives an earlier warning of when the enemies are coming for us during our push, helps us cut them off from retreat, etc. Interior coverage is > exterior coverage, in my opinion.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

To all you lurkers. All this discussion, dissection, etc you see going on regarding this game. This is nothing compared to our UO days. :-) But, we got our shit together WAY before we are in this game. I think it has to do with the number of player builds in LoL compared to UO. But we used to analyze damn near every enemy encounter we had, in detail. And the level to which our entire team was on the same page was unmatched. We did all that without voice comms!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:I'm questioning our Singed. . . . What do we have to do to have ours be as good as that other Singed we saw. Gordon will say "I never get a full build". And maybe that's why the other played solo top. Should we move our Singed out of a support role? He can still go heavy AP, but still be health tanky. However, I think based on the other Singed's build, he was more tanky. He was able to kill so many of us because he was so much higher in level. So, his DPS compared to his level was medium. We weren't his level. He also played VERY strategically, and I under estimated him early game. He did stuff to me that I never see our Singed do to enemies. So, what's up with that? Step it up Singed! My point is, are we under utilizing Singed? (and get better Gordon) He can go solo top, pure tank, and Shy can play a support role to our bottom carry. So mid to late game, Singed makes a tankier initiator, our jungle, AP mid and carry are fed and our support is supporting. Having a tanky top and a tanky bottom seems like too much tanky, but no full tank.
When I finally moved out of bottom lane and faced off against the other Singed, he was amazingly fed. He had 11 kills, at the time I had 1 or 2 (but I finished that game with 21 assists).

When I had a moment to sit in respawn and look at his build, I saw he was indeed going super tanky. And 10 minutes later when I also had a tankier build - I was already working on my resist when I saw the other Singed was super fed - I was holding my own against him. So he wasn't any big mystery to me, he just got fed.

And we had the same problem in the other game with... I am forgetting the champ name. But he got fed hard and by end game we could not deal with him. I don't think it was Mordekaiser, but it may have been.

Anyway, the big problem to solve is how to keep our teammates from having double-digit deaths by mid game.

And it isn't really a mystery about what to do when someone is getting owned in a lane.... if I personally take 3 deaths in quick succession with no answering kills, I am asking to switch out with someone. I don't care if it screws up someones jungle, you can't leave someone in that lane getting owned, and feeding.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:Lastly, everyone start announcing when and how many wards you are buying because I still don't think you guys are carrying your weight here! As far as placement, I prefer the weed bunches in the jungles as apposed to the lane edges, late game. This gives an earlier warning of when the enemies are coming for us during our push, helps us cut them off from retreat, etc. Interior coverage is > exterior coverage, in my opinion.
I know I don't have this problem. Sometimes I think I am hurting myself by buying so many wards instead of items.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:To all you lurkers. All this discussion, dissection, etc you see going on regarding this game. This is nothing compared to our UO days. :-) But, we got our shit together WAY before we are in this game. I think it has to do with the number of player builds in LoL compared to UO. But we used to analyze damn near every enemy encounter we had, in detail. And the level to which our entire team was on the same page was unmatched. We did all that without voice comms!
1. We din't come around as fast as you remember. We spent tons of time fighting amongst ourselves on prison isle, etc.

2. I think we had voice faster than you think, too. I remember having relatively-underpowered 2 PC's on dialup proxy just so I could have one machine running UO and one running MICROSOFT GAME VOICE.

Anyway, everyone but me sucks.