League of Legends - Trumped up Rock, Paper, Scissors

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Kind of rude to have women dancing around in front of incels.

Also, isn't it weird to see the pageantry on display knowing that's an event that won't be around long term?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was looking to see how many of them had their hands crossed in front of them.

That tournament, or the game as a whole?

I thought that other award shows, concert performers and whatnot could learn something from them. Probably too expensive for concerts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I assume people will move on from that game eventually, like all games.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I guess I don't see a problem with the pageantry. It's here now, and happening, make it awesome. Should they just hold the tournament in someone's mom's basement and server bagel bites? Since that's what most players relate to?! But really, no, I didn't see it as overkill. Their fan base loves it, I'm guessing, so that makes it worth it in my opinion. Keeping your fans excited keeps them spending.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I guess I don't see a problem with the pageantry. It's here now, and happening, make it awesome. Should they just hold the tournament in someone's mom's basement and server bagel bites? Since that's what most players relate to?! But really, no, I didn't see it as overkill. Their fan base loves it, I'm guessing, so that makes it worth it in my opinion. Keeping your fans excited keeps them spending.
I wasn't slamming the pageantry, I was just commenting on how weird it is looking at it from a long term picture. A lot of money is being spent making a memory of something that won't last too much longer (if the gaming industry trends apply).
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

The fact that they say "She's pretty good" and then go on to point out that she's better than 15% of the player base, seems contradictory to me. "I'm pretty good. But 85% of the players are better than me". Or am I reading that wrong?

Also, I would have guessed that 80% of all players are silver or lower. Implying, silver players aren't very good. I'm constantly responding to people with "Well, this is bronze. Things happen." When they responds with "I'm silver". I reply "Same thing". Silver isn't an achievement. Best you can say about silver is "At least I'm not bronze". If I could get to gold, I'd claim to be 'decent' at the game. Platinum is pretty good, but not great. Etc. Calling her pretty good at silver 4 (which incidentally is the entry level silver rank. Silver 1 puts you at the top of the silver players) is dumb.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cakedaddy wrote:

Also, I would have guessed that 80% of all players are silver or lower.
I would concur that most players are worse than Silver.

Is that the percentage of silver, compared to all other ranks? Did they assume EVERYONE was ranked? Because I don't bother ranking, because 10/10 times when I get to my playoffs to gain a level, one or more of my teammates tanks. I know that isn't common, but it happens to me every single time. So I don't bother any more. But I bet I could beat her 1v1 lol wtf lame. :-D
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Other players ruining promo matches happens all the time. Hell, players ruining games in general happens all the time. You just feel it more during promo cause those games 'matter'. I don't see an up-tick in bad teammates during promo matches.

You say worse than silver, I say Iron=Bronze=Silver. I say this because every year, I qualify as Bronze 4 or 5. Lowest rank (aside from the new iron which I think is bronze 5) there is. It takes me the entire year to work my way out of Bronze and just into Silver. If Silver was really all that much better, I would rank faster. I play a LOT of games through the year. My win percent stays about 55% all year. There's no difference all through bronze and into silver. I don't see better players consistently, or smarter plays, etc. I could show 5 game replays from bronze 4 through silver 4 and I bet you couldn't accurately pick each rank for each game. You'd be guessing. Getting to Silver from Bronze is like playing Black Jack. If you ride streaks and minimize the damage from losses, you can slowly move up in rank. I NEVER get a promo the first time I qualify. I always lose the first bracket. However, after that, when you qualify again, it starts you out with 1 win. So now you only have to win 2 out of your next 4 games instead of 3 out of 5. You just have to keep qualifying until you manage two wins. Oh ya, I get demoted as well. Enough losses and you drop back down. Even though I rank silver year after year, I will still see at least one demotion while ranking up in Bronze. Again, if I was truly better than all these other Bronze players, I shouldn't see demotions and my win percent should change through the year.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Watched some videos of the Chineese team that took worlds. They dominated the entire tournament. Swept the finals easily. Watching them was very impressive. I swear they were running plays. They would all get into position, then attack. Team fights weren't just a scrum of 5v5. They would surround them and attack targets strategically. They would setup for baron/dragon and box out, isolate, etc. VERY organized and efficient. Most games play like faster versions of bronze game. They twitch faster and land skill shots more. But other than that, they just roam and kill randomly. These guys were far more organized and would setup for stuff. Interesting to watch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Watched some videos of the Chineese team that took worlds. They dominated the entire tournament. Swept the finals easily. Watching them was very impressive. I swear they were running plays. They would all get into position, then attack. Team fights weren't just a scrum of 5v5. They would surround them and attack targets strategically. They would setup for baron/dragon and box out, isolate, etc. VERY organized and efficient. Most games play like faster versions of bronze game. They twitch faster and land skill shots more. But other than that, they just roam and kill randomly. These guys were far more organized and would setup for stuff. Interesting to watch.
Guess we're going to lose WW3
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Season 10 trailer. Needs more Teemo.

https://youtu.be/aR-KAldshAE
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just won a game going 12/2/1. Just sayin' Stranger. :-)
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:52 am Just won a game going 12/2/1. Just sayin' Stranger. :-)
Pshhhhhh.. 1 assist.. what kind of team player are you??
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Our team only had 13 kills. Not my fault bronze players suck!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Interesting. I haven't played since my divorce, but even then I had allchat disabled. Nothing positive ever came from the other team.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Apparently people online can be toxic. Who knew?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just now, my first multi game in years. An ARAM.

Middle of the game, window appears.

"You must verify your email. This will become mandatory in: 3 years ago."

Missed about 25 seconds of game verifying my email.

Won the ARAM with Miss Fortune with 10/13/22. We are all low level and suck. I wasn't the worst score.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I used to have an ARAM account with a name something like Mara13. I can't remember that user name. I can't seem to recover it with email. If anyone knows it. let me know.