Electronic Arts

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by Leisher »

Their lawyers defended loot boxes by comparing them to Kinder Eggs.

As PCGamer points out, it's a weird comparison considering Kinder Eggs are banned in the U.S.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Their lawyers defended loot boxes by comparing them to Kinder Eggs.

As PCGamer points out, it's a weird comparison considering Kinder Eggs are banned in the U.S.
Lol.

When I was in Canada, we bought a Kinder Egg because it's banned in the US.

Admittedly, it's retarded that it's banned in the US. It's just a thin chocolate egg shell with a small toy inside.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Their lawyers defended loot boxes by comparing them to Kinder Eggs.

Vince

Electronic Arts

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: When I was in Canada, we bought a Kinder Egg because it's banned in the US.
They sell them here now. Have for a year or so. I think the egg is in two halves so the toy isn't sealed inside it. Stupid, but way down my list of concerns of government overreach.

Once heard (never verified) that the Grand Canyon on the federal side has all the safety rails and the canyon on the indian reservation side doesn't have all the safety rails and more people fall off the federal side. Perception of safety and all.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Once heard (never verified) that the Grand Canyon on the federal side has all the safety rails and the canyon on the indian reservation side doesn't have all the safety rails and more people fall off the federal side. Perception of safety and all.
And some people are just morons
On Tuesday, rangers responded to reports of a visitor who had climbed over a railing at Mather Point, lost footing, and fell approximately 500 feet.
(from a year ago)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by GORDON »

There's one spot that showed 6 deaths. 3 air crash deaths, and 3 murders. Sounds like a story.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by GORDON »

Clicking around, air crash seems the most popular cause of death.
Vince

Electronic Arts

Post by Vince »

1 victim(s) died in this incident on or about 1/18/1901. The incident occurred on or near Near Cremation Canyon and the cause of death is described as Accident.

Ashurst was prospecting alone near a mineral claim. A rock fall (not mining related) pinned him, inflicting a lingering death.
That's a significant amount of suck.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by GORDON »

Sometimes you get Mr. Pocket. Sometimes Mr. Pocket gets you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Clicking around, air crash seems the most popular cause of death.
This didn't help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1956_Gran ... _collision
GORDON
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I saw the 128 hexagon on there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by Leisher »

FYI: EA games are now on the Humble Bundle store. Might make them more palatable for some of you.

Also makes me wonder about EA's sales numbers through Origin.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by GORDON »

My initial thought is that they wouldn't be on HB if they were doing fine on Origin. And this might be a chess move to make HB more competitive against Steam, their main enemy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by Leisher »

Not sure that EA is thrilled about Epic at this point either.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by Leisher »

There are rumors they are coming back to Steam.

I'm guessing some analysts there have probably been crunching the numbers of how much Origin costs to run versus how much of the PC gaming market are not exposed to their games.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by Leisher »

Downloaded a copy of Plants vs Zombies on my iPhone for my kid. I bought it years ago for $7.99 or whatever.

We're playing and ads start popping up. WTF? SO I emailed EA for support, here's their response:
Thank you for contacting EA Help. My name is Deepanshu and I would assist you with your Plants vs. Zombies issue today.

I hope you're doing well, upon reviewing your case, I've gathered that you keep getting ads in the game. I realize its indeed disappointing. I'll certainly help you with the best possible information to help you out with this issue.

Please let me share that there comes a time in every game’s life when it makes sense for us to remove it from online stores. We refer to this process as "sunsetting" hence Plants vs. Zombies is sunset now.

We really apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. In this scenario the best thing I would recommend you to download Plants vs. Zombies 2 and start playing it, thereby attain optimum levels in the game.

I can somehow feel right as you are a bit hesitant towards using the recommended game as you have made fantastic progression in the older game version. As a big fan of Plants vs. Zombies 2 mobile, I would request you to give it a try and enjoy the same level of gaming experience you attained in the version prior to this.

You can follow the below article for more information :

https://www.ea.com/service-updates

Keep playing and enjoying the game.

Happy Holiday!

Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.

You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com, or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at  http://answers.ea.com.

Thank you once again for contacting EA help.

Have a great day ahead, goodbye and take care.
Here's my emailed response to that:
I really appreciate the response, but this is why EA has such a bad reputations. And this isn't directed at you Deepanshu, but if you could, please pass this up your chain of command so that might land in someone's hands who can do something. With that said, here's my rant:

I understand sunsetting games. However, if you're not going to support a game, stop making it available. That's Customer Service 101. When someone does ask for help with it, don't tell them to buy your newest product and call that help. What exactly about "You bought a game from us, but we're not going to help you. Buy our new game!" makes sense?

I spent money on PvZ, I don't care if it's been sunsetted or not. I should have access to it forever without ads! What about this purchase and support experience would make me ever want to buy any game from EA ever again?

When you sunset a game, particularly in the case of mobile games, remove all the code that adds ads so that the folks who paid for it can download it whenever and still enjoy the game THEY PAID FOR!!! Hell, remove that code, then make the game available for free to market the sequel you're trying to sell. Sometimes you make money by releasing the previous games for free. It's a tactic game companies have been using since the 90s.

It's absolutely ridiculous that you sold me a product and now will not stand behind that sale. This isn't like me buying a car in the 50s and now asking you for a part. This is a piece of software that simply needs ads turned off, but I guess you're too greedy and want the revenue for the ads instead of happy customers who will be more likely to buy additional games from you?

End rant.

Please pass that on to the EA board of directors if you can :)

If something changes and you're able to help me get rid of the ads, I would appreciate it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by TheCatt »

What da fuck?
Leisher
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by Leisher »

EA bans FIFA player.

Based on the story the guy is a complete tool. I'm sure he'll be on EA's board of directors soon enough... :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Electronic Arts

Post by Leisher »