Fallout 4

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Stranger wrote:No skill system, all perks now.

At first I thought I might not like it but I do now. Now you're not putting points into a system for an insignificant stat boost you may never notice.
I always wanted skills OR perks, not both. I don't get enough points to up both. Big complaint with Fallout 2 was the fucked up weapon skill progression due to the ammo starvation during the beginning.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mass produced, I hope. Otherwise, I will call in a favour to obtain some.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Might be time to pick up some Nuka Cola.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if there's anything for people who played Fallout Shelter.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No shit. Tiny Towers, only worse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

From a bluey to a German shepherd? Acceptable.
Troy

Post by Troy »

It's downloading at home right now. Should be interesting.

Heard the physical copy doesn't have 15gigs out of the 20ish that are required for the game... so what is the point of buying it?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Heard the physical copy doesn't have 15gigs out of the 20ish that are required for the game... so what is the point of buying it?

Box envy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Like GTA V, I won't buy Fallout 4 until it's listed at PC prices. I will NOT pay console prices for a game that didn't sit on a store shelf, didn't get shipped anywhere, and that is being presented to me completely digitally (nothing physical).
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:Like GTA V, I won't buy Fallout 4 until it's listed at PC prices. I will NOT pay console prices for a game that didn't sit on a store shelf, didn't get shipped anywhere, and that is being presented to me completely digitally (nothing physical).
Fuck that - I'm splurging and drinking nuka cola and playing with my pet dog tonight.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My wife: A friend of mine helped make Fallout 4, he got to go to LA for the premiere party and stuff.
Me: Can he get me a copy?
Wife: He and I aren't that close any more.

Sad.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Definitely still a little buggy, but pretty neat so far. The settlement system seems really complicated and there are a lot of them. I read online to take it easy with building those up, so not diving too deep.

The bug I encountered was that you are supposed to clear an area of rad bugs, but an NPC runs ahead and does most of the work for you. Actually all the work - all the bugs were dead. So I had to go to each bug corpse and shoot it in the head. Then it let me keep going with the story.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ah, Bethesda. Shit like that is the reason I wait until their products drop 50% from the initial price and have a few patches done.
Troy

Post by Troy »

The laser musket owns. Power armor owns. game owns.

Power Armor is very much like an old beat up pickup truck in this game. Parts break on it and you can run out of fuel. The fuel required is limited - I've only seen one unit on a wandering vendor.

I've been slowly dragging my accumulated power armor chassis to the main city on the map. Slow process but the extra firepower and protection has been useful for some of the harder enemies on the way.

I read online that you should always remove the power core when you get out. I've been in the wastes and it didn't matter - but I read online that in the city the NPCs will steal your shit and joyride it.

Edited By Troy on 1447515917
Troy

Post by Troy »

Used some resources to paint my armor red in the big city.

Stepped out of it while looting a mutant den, dog watching my six. Graphics looking really good here - I have it on low because I'm always a bigger fan of smooth than pretty.

Edited By Troy on 1447557105
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Still the hybrid real time/turn-based combat?