Bard's Tale IV

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Third stretch goal announced:
Monte Cook designs a dungeon. $1.4M total, +500K beyond 2nd stretch goal. Feasible at the current rate.

This one could be a real stretch. They need $122,467 in 21 days, ~$5.8K/day. Would require a boost to the $3.5K/day rate that's been happening recently.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:The only dungeon crawler where I actually bought graph paper and mapped out dungeons while playing.
God I loved doing that. My friends and I would take turns playing, stayed up all night one weekend to beat it (can't remember which #, must have been 2 or 3)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

For those WL2 backers that also backed BT4...
Today we are happy to roll out an inXile Loyalty Rewards promotion! Anyone who backed Wasteland 2 or Torment: Tides of Numenera previously, who also backs The Bard's Tale IV at $20 or above, will get a FREE bonus reward containing items from either Torment, Wasteland 2 or The Bard's Tale IV (valued at up to $15)! These rewards include items such as digital soundtracks, novella compilations, concept art books and more.

Furthermore, any returning backers who back The Bard's Tale IV at the $33 tier or higher will additionally receive FREE copies of Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, from GOG.com and our friends at OtherSide Entertainment. This offer is only available until June 26th. If you are a returning backer and have already backed The Bard's Tale IV – and if you did, thank you! – the loyalty reward is also retroactive for you as well.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

First stretch goal hit. Enhanced companion/NPC system and 2 extra NPCs.Currently at $1,303,859. Need $5.6K plus change per day to hit the $1.4M Monte Cook goal. Next stop is $1.35M for enhanced crafting system.

Edited By Malcolm on 1435075357
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Wow. Things are picking up. Currently $1,308,314. That's $4.5K in a couple hours. Might get the Cook.

Edited By Malcolm on 1435083744
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

$1,319,375. Holy fuck, where'd that momentum come from? Making up for the slow weekend. New stretch goal for $1.5M. 3 new dungeons from what looks like 3 D&D/WotC dudes, one each. Hell of a mark to hit with 2 weeks and change left. Talking $10K and then some per day.

Edited By Malcolm on 1435113147
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I wrote the dude in charge on Twitter today to ask if they'd still track my day 1 contribution if I moved up to another level. I don't want to miss out on Wasteland 4 for free.

He replied back in about 15 minutes with a yes, so I'll be doing that tomorrow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

$1,325,260 now. If they can hit $1.4M with a week left, they've got a chance.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

$1,331,723

Goddamn. Less than $20K to the next stretch goal, enhanced crafting.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This is averaging near $10K/day now. $1.5M is looking more and more likely. I could see a push in the last couple days to put it over the top. $1,339,601 with a little more than 2 weeks to go.

Edited By Malcolm on 1435276481
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Second stretch goal hit. Enhanced crafting is in. $1,350,414 and going. Next stop is Monte Cook at $1.4M.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They'll hit Monte Cook easy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yeah, but I'm hoping for the other bonus dungeons. Hell, all four of the dudes they've got for stretchies should design the most fucking brutal labyrinthine gauntlets possible. Don't waste them on the wine cellar.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

They just cracked $1.36M. At this rate, they're going to be about 1-2 days or $10-20K short of the $1.5M final stretchie.

EDIT: Now below $1.36M, meaning someone took away their cash.

Edited By Malcolm on 1435466194
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Two new stretchies added:

New dungeon + new Elvish area at $1.7M

Expert dungeon added by Fallout/WL dude at $1.9M.

I don't know how they hope to meet $1.5M at the current rate, let alone any of the new ones.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Most funding campaigns have a u-shaped donation curve.

So funding is highest at the very beginning, and the very end (although usually higher on the front than the end).

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The y-axis ... is that # of backers or total cash?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It just says %, so no idea if % of backers or % of money. But I imagine they correlate well.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Well, in non-stretchie news:

One tick away from
All backers $20 or above receive TWO Julie Fowlis songs: the song from the in-engine video, and "Smeòrach Chlann Dòmhnaill (The Mavis of Clan Donald)" from her latest album, Gach Sgeul.

... for the bonus feelie/social media rewards. There's a decent chance for one more, outside for two.

Easy things:
kilt pics: 1 more
retweet: 1 more
youtube: will definitely hit 250K in a few days, so 1 more
youtube subscrips: 2 more
tumblr followers: 2 more
facebook followers: 2 more
facebook likes : 1 more

So that's 10 ticks = 3 more bonus feelies/widgets within easy reach if the # of backers starts hitting up social media. I might suggest a physical reference card with four-letter abbreviations for each spell you can cast. TRZP, bitches.