Bard's Tale IV

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I believe it was more along the lines of pirating any game.

You get a letter of forgiveness with that tier.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
Malcolm wrote:You spring for a physical copy?
Bam.
$65?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

+ $8 to ship.

So I did my part.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:+ $8 to ship.

So I did my part.

The album style. Nice. I get one of those, too.

Currently at $1.431M. Going to take a miracle to get the Cairn of Horrors at this point, although Colin McComb is a possibility.

Edited By Malcolm on 1436283887
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

We’ve decided to cut the price of The Puzzle Master tier by 50%! It is now $750.

Another possibility.

EDIT: Fuck, I'd get that myself except I actually lose a major reward if I chip in the extra for it.

Edited By Malcolm on 1436304254
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

2 of the 4 puzzle master rewards are gone. I've made them a serious offer for one of the remaining two, provided I don't lose the one feelie I'm not willing to part with. Hell, been playing Interplay games since I was five or six. I program for a living. Shit, I've even lived and worked in Scotland. I could some up with something interesting, I bet.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Thinking they'll get the stretchie with the 3 bonus dungeons, and that's it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Heh. Couple of slots opened up on the first iteration of the reward level I'm on. Just snagged the same goods for $25 less.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

$1.5M stretchie hit. Next is $1.7M. Will take a hell of an effort.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Two bonus widgets/feelies. The Lute of Compulsory Cavorting (annoying dance animations for various sprites) is in. The Brian Fargo bard skin is also in. Three ticks until the next one.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

And done.
33,738 backers pledged $1,519,495

You can still up your pledge and get add-ons at the BT4 site itself via PayPal. Missed the last two stretchies, which kind of sucks because I really wanted to see Chris do the Cairn of Horrors. Before the campaign ended, I upped my contrib by $30 to snag Numinera digitally.

Edited By Malcolm on 1436582021
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I upped my pledge 30 minutes before the kickstarter ended.

I decided I wanted a physical level so I can display the box. Went for the $105 level. It was the code wheel that really sold me. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Most funding campaigns have a u-shaped donation curve.

This had more of a backwards J shape.

Edited By Malcolm on 1436722759
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Give a shout once anyone gets an email asking for shipping address or delivering a digital item.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:I decided I wanted a physical level so I can display the box.
Welcome to the dark side.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Well, I can honestly say I helped with development and my name will be in the credits, so why the hell not?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
When I clear off some shelf space and get some 3M picture hanging dealies, shit I will display:

Zork Trilogy Collector's Edition
WL2 signed Collector's Edition
WL1 cover art
BT4 album
BT4 signed Collector's Edition
BT4 Ultimate Reliquary, bitches
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Final total (depending upon which KS widget you view):

33,741 backers pledged $1,519,680
or
33,741 backers pledged $1,519,681

Toss in about $30-40K from PayPal on top of that. The company will double that total, so it's a bit over $3M for a budget. I don't know what the combined budgets for BT1-3 would be. Safe to say it's way lower than $3M.

Edited By Malcolm on 1436799348
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Backer Site Online.

Go there and register if you contributed to the Kickstarter or go donate now if you want to jump on board.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you pledged to BT4, the first rewards are out there for you to grab. I have my choice of game: Wasteland 2, The Witcher, and The Witcher 2. I believe most of you are on that plan as well.

Note that the Director's Cut of Wasteland 2 is scheduled for release on October 13th.