Xbox One

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Took about 4 hours just to update the box, install the 3 games that game with it, and download updates for them.

Also installed Plex but that only took 3 minutes.

So at least he will be able to skip that on xmas when a million other kids are trying to update at the same time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:You know what's even worse than having an Xbox live account? Having TWO Xbox Live accounts!!

Yep, in my house both of the older boys have their own Xbox, a 360 and a ONE, and of course they both have their own Xbox live accounts... Oh yeah, and they both have to have the latest version of Call of Duty, so TWO versions of each of those games too!! This doesn't even mention the Xbox points they need for some stupid map pack.

My wife and I refuse to pay for Xbox live anymore, they either ask for it on their birthdays or Christmas or pay it themselves. Which is just money that they so called "earned" from doing chores. Either way, I end up having to pay for it in the end.
It's insane, and I think it's the answer to my question: people aren't making the best economic decision for themselves, xbox marketed the entire concept to kids, and now xbox money is all they want for xmas.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I doubt that consoles are included. From the Microsoft website
Save up to 40-60% on daily and weekly Xbox game deals

While that could include XBone... I'm guessing it doesn't.

Edited By TheCatt on 1450477329
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Kid is playing it. It's good that I spent several hours updating the easy stuff a couple weeks ago, because the kid put in the newest HALO game that he wanted to play, and it took about 10 hours to update. I hope that's just because it was xmas and 10k other kids were trying to do the same thing at the same time.

I don't know how I feel about the interface, yet. The XBox 360/One interface is pretty much a series of tabs you scroll through left to right, a clunkier version of the PS3's interface. The difference between Microsoft's system and Sony's system as that 90% of the tabs on the XBox are about 80% advertising. I've spent about 5 hours working with it and it doesn't yet feel... efficient.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

MS fucked up a user interface? The hell you say.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

On the one hand, you're obviously a gamer and the ads are targeted right at what you like.

On the other hand, on most screens 80% of the screen real estate are these ads.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

EA accidentally reveals X-Box One sales numbers.

35 to 19 million.

Wow.

If only Microsoft could have saved all that money and invested in a really good gaming system that blows the PS4 away. Something where they'd already have the upper hand.

Too bad nothing like that exists...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

GORDON wrote:I don't know how I feel about the interface, yet. The XBox 360/One interface is pretty much a series of tabs you scroll through left to right
I don't like the Xbone's interface. It was easier to do things on the 360. If I get an invite (chat or game) and I don't immediately open it I have to go to the main menu, tab over to the start menu, open Notifications, click on the party or game section, then accept the invite.
I prefer the 360 where a menu pops over your game screen and you can click on it there.
Oh, and if you have a bunch of people in your party (7 or so) some of party options are too low to see. I know that leaving the party is the bottom option so when I want to leave I have to keep pressing down until I figure I'm at the last option, and click it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Gordo, I don't know if you bought mini-Gordo a Gold account, but if you did makes sure you use it to buy the monthly free games for both the Xbone and the 360. Many of the 360 games are (or will become) backwards compatible.
Zheros (Xbone) might be good for a kid.
On Tuesday Gears of War 2 will be free on the 360, but it's playable on the Xbone.

I basically "buy" any of the free Games-With-Gold titles I think I might be interested in. I don't install most of them though. Since I own the title, I can download it any time I want and I don't want to clutter my HD's with stuff I'll probably never play.

I find it easier to buy them from the website:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Good advice. I think he already does, but I will make sure. There's no reason I should be the only one in the house to have a list of shame of unplayed games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: Xbox One

Post by TheCatt »

Trying to login to my Xbox 360 account, but it won't email me a god damned code.

Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Xbox One

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Xbox One

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Xbox One

Post by Leisher »

100 games for $1

MS is going all out. Probably because they're trying to sell XBox Ones before announcing its replacement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Xbox One

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 100 games for $1

MS is going all out. Probably because they're trying to sell XBox Ones before announcing its replacement.
For 1 month.
Leisher
Site Admin

Xbox One

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:

For 1 month.
Right, but it seems to be a service? Like Netflix for games?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Xbox One

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:

For 1 month.
Right, but it seems to be a service? Like Netflix for games?
Yes, it is.
Leisher
Site Admin

Xbox One

Post by Leisher »