Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak - Also some Homeworld: Remastered discussi

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The license has finally been purchased.

Nobody knows who bought it though.

Fingers crossed that someone like Valve bought it, and not someone like EA...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The winning bidder.

That's not shitty, but it's also not super exciting.

Based on their track record, I'd say that if they actually do the work, we've got a good shot at getting a great new Homeworld game. If not...well...just go look at the reviews for the most recent Alien game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

For a long time I have been meaning to look up the Homeworld 3 Kickstarter... I figured it had to exist.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hey, there actually is a kickstarter to port Homeworld over to Andriod and shit.

Which I think is kind of dumb.

http://www.kickstarter.com/project....ef=live

I guess if it keeps the franchise alive.......................
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

As with many old games.... I would fork out another $50 for the great ones, the exact same game, if they were rereleased with up-to-date graphics. Homeworld/Cataclysm/2 is in that category.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Homeworld: Shipbreakers.

Didn't we have a link to the SB vid a while back? Couldn't find it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Post by Troy »

I hate surveys but i'll make a OMG HOMEWORLD exception
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Loving that survey. Sounds like Homeworld HD is already in the works.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Homeworld HD officially announced:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014....ium=emp

"Crafted with the assistance and guidance of the original creators as well as the help of a passionate fan community, Homeworld Remastered Collection introduces Relic's acclaimed space strategy games Homeworld and Homeworld 2 to modern players and operating systems using the latest advances in graphics rendering technology. Homeworld Remastered Collection includes updated high-res textures and models, new graphical effects, and support for HD, UHD, and 4K resolutions. Homeworld’s original audio and video artists have also recreated cinematic scenes in beautiful high fidelity."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Here's some images and a video I haven't watched yet.

I WILL be purchasing.

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-a-first-glimpse-of-homeworld-remastered/

edit - I just preordered the Collector's edition (which I didn't know existed) from Amazon UK.... expected to ship December, 2015. Ha.

Edited By GORDON on 1415114737
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If they don't console price it, I'll buy that on launch date.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Homeworld Remastered Collection comes to Steam on February 25th.

No console pricing here at $34.99 and is currently $29.74 (15% off)

It comes with remastered editions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2, plus access to the non-remastered versions of the game and the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta.

For those of you unfamiliar, this was an amazing RTS set in space. It's different from other RTSs because it's not top down. It's played from every angle as it's set in space, not on land. It's also one of the most atmospherically haunting games I've ever played. The metacritic score is 93/100, so understand this isn't just one man's opinion.

I'm pre-purchasing my copy now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It has an ending that makes me tear up like a <s>bitch</s> viking.

No Cataclysm? That was Homeworld 1.5.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta.
Yesss, go on?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You wouldn't like multi. It wasn't really balanced for it. Too easy to wipe out the enemy harvesters and basically end the game.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:It has an ending that makes me tear up like a <s>bitch</s> viking.

No Cataclysm? That was Homeworld 1.5.
And didn't Yes do the music?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pA7FbYAmrX0?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pA7FbYAmrX0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Looks like I am playing Homeworld again pretty soon. Last played it about 6 months ago.