Nintendo NX - Nintendo Switch

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Nintendo NX

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Now called Nintendo Switch

[video][/video]
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Sold point.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Nintendo NX

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I bought one for myself. I love Mario Kart.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nintendo NX

Post by Leisher »

I think I want a switch more than I want a PS4 or XBox One.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nintendo NX

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think I want a switch more than I want a PS4 or XBox One.
I have an XBox One, cuz I thought the improved Kinect would be more fun for the kids. It's done alright, and my kids are too young/not interested in shooters, etc. So it mostly gathers dust. I've enjoyed the Switch, and plan to let the kids play... someday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nintendo NX

Post by TheCatt »

I've played 3 games so far.

Golf Story - Cute single player RPG based around golf. Finished it.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (no idea what the Deluxe means, since it appears to be the only version) - Another solid entry, but I'm still grinding away.

Overcooked Special Edition - Again, under what's Special, but... played it with the kids tonight. They loved it, but it was a bit hard for them. They are not used to console contrls, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nintendo NX

Post by Leisher »

I honestly only want to play Golf Story.

The Zelda series lost my interest years ago. They got too stupid with the multiple dimensions and all that. I like my RPGs more straight forward and I don't want to have to use a harp or oceanara (sp?) in every fucking room.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nintendo NX

Post by TheCatt »

I also got a game called 9 Parchments that I was hoping would be an easy enough RPG that I could play it with my kids. We've been playing lots of boardgames this break (Kingdomino, Pit, Hogwarts Battle, Rat-a-tat-Cat, and more)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Nine Parchments has worked out alright. It's complete CHAOS though with the kids. You CANNOT turn off friendly fire, and there's four of you one on screen (you can also run people off the screen, and they will die in 5 seconds). Spells are hard to direct. If you cast an area spell, it impacts EVERYONE in that area (you can kill your teammates, you can heal opponents, etc)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I played Nine Parchments by myself, on the medium difficulty, and it was MUCH Easier than with 4 players (although, 2 of the four players being my kids probably had something to do with that).

Also bought Retro City Rampage just now cuz it's on sale. Fun console.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My family and I made it to the final battle of Nine Parchments. A couple of times they dropped out, and I played by myself to beat bosses, as we were otherwise stuck. The friendly fire of this game makes it absolute chaos, but fun.