Sins of a Solar Empire - Formerly: "Hey Gordon"

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Did you have time to tech up to Titans?

e: Oh that makes sense now, there is a capital class that is anti-planet focused and called a Dreadnaught

Edited By Troy on 1404141383
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said "dreadnaught." Couldn't remember the correct name.

But by the time it was done my fleet was unstoppable anyway, so it was only in 2 battles.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant when I said "dreadnaught." Couldn't remember the correct name.

But by the time it was done my fleet was unstoppable anyway, so it was only in 2 battles.
"Titans largely unnecessary except for e-peen factor"

Totally EVE.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

At first I didn't realize there were actually 4 tech upgrades to get the Titan. I did the first one, thought that was it, and started building, and could not figure out why it would only build 25% and then stop. I thought I had a bug in the game. Started and stopped building it 3 times before I figured it out.

But yeah, by the time it was done I had already mopped up the pirates and had 6 battleship variants, level 5+, heading into bad guy space, and meeting no real resistance. Unluckily for my opponent the pirates were at a bottleneck between them and the rest of the system, and they only had like 6 planets to colonize.

He fired his supergun at the pirate homeworld a couple times while I was there fighting them. I have no idea what it was supposed to do, but it was splashy. I assume it was like my Novalith cannon, knocking the planet down fast.

Edited By GORDON on 1404152965
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I might be ready to multi tonight. I will let Cake beat me so he doesn't lose interest.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Working nights for a few more nights. Will be available nights again after the holiday weekend.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

And I find that our varying rts skill levels always push us to fight ai opponents. So you don't have to le me win.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Working a lot lately, but will have some gaming time tonight and this weekend.

Edited By Troy on 1404258995
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm afraid to launch practice games when nobody is around because I don't have 6 hours to lose when I blink and all that time passes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

From the sound of it, this is going to be a weekend only game.

I do have it, but I haven't had time to even start to learn it yet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, weekends only and starting at 7 because I don't want to be up until 5am.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, Troy and I finished a game in less than 2 hours. I played a game by myself that lasted 3 hours, and that was because I kept playing after I won to keep trying out game mechanics.

Yes, if we pick the biggest map with the most enemies and set difficulty way up or something, the game could last 6 hours. But with a small map and manageable settings, this game could be over in an hour too.

You don't have to take vacation time from work to play this game.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So is there a save game feature? I'd like the gigantic triple star systems, but with a strict "90 minutes only" timer at which time we change games. Will take us a couple weeks to finish a game. Glorious.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

According to this we would all have the same autosave files in a multi game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204880/discussions/0/846941710175050362/
Troy

Post by Troy »

Yeah, as long as we stop playing when we've obviously won, I don't see a problem with a shorter game.

This game could be really fun against a bunch of AIs, or even FFA, thanks to how the pirate system works to keep players in check.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's the only info I was able to goggle, and it seems to assume multi games HAVE autosaves. I think we should try one in the near future, just launch some small game, play for 15 minutes, and try a save and see if we can restore it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:Yeah, as long as we stop playing when we've obviously won, I don't see a problem with a shorter game.

This game could be really fun against a bunch of AIs, or even FFA, thanks to how the pirate system works to keep players in check.
In the original game the pirate bounty was easy to scam. Just keep an eye on the other guys bidding you up, and stay on top of it til the pirates launch. Now, with some patch between the beginning and now, those fuckers bid you up right at the last instant because they are the computer and they know the fucking timing. Fucking cheating assholes. I think I had the pirates launched at me 3 times before I stopped even trying to stop them.

Prolly why my game was so long. I was still trying to get the previous wave out of my system when the next wave was launched.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:According to this we would all have the same autosave files in a multi game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204880/discussions/0/846941710175050362/

Seems like an ok system with the autosaving feature.

Edited By Troy on 1404318573
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

No one was on last night and I got my 1st win bonus on LOL so I decided to fire up a quick game of Sins.

4 fucking hours later it is 2am.

Goddam this game.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Gordon's going to kill everyone at this game, complaining the whole time, isn't he?