Sins of a Solar Empire - Formerly: "Hey Gordon"

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The strategy to beat him will be to stall until after midnight, then start playing offensively.

Edited By Leisher on 1404405256
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Jesus christ, I took out your entire fucking empire and this is all you managed to build? Why did I even stay up until 3am to do it? I could have just put some goddam starbases with bomber groups in my choke lanes and let you kill yourselves trying to get in while I went to bed."

Will prolly be like how it goes.

Edited By GORDON on 1404413792
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

There's an experimental weapon that can kill planets at long range. Kinda OP. Maybe just because I wasn't expecting it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Novalith cannon, and variants.

I am not going to tell you how to counter it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just throwing this back out there as a multi-option. I thought of this when peeps were talking about Homeworld multi.

We'd want to play giant maps though, to have time to build before encountering each other, so we'd have to expect month-long games of 2-3 hours per session, once a week. Hopefully the save-game functionality is bulletproof.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also, you could have several ongoing games going at once, with different groups of people, depending on who is available to game, so really this one could be multied several times a week if you have that kind of availability.

Edited By GORDON on 1438876928
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll play.

I've had trouble getting into anything multi lately due to my work schedule and family commitments, but I own this game specifically because it was mentioned here for multi and I'd like to try it out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Would be in, also planning on Rusting it up at some point this weekend.

Edited By Troy on 1438887512
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Formerly:

Post by GORDON »

Installed this game again. GOD DAMMIT it keeps me up late. I've been enjoying my good-nights-of-sleep but now here I am all bleary eyed in the morning, again.

I am going to literally have to force myself to save and quit at a decent time tonight.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I can always put a third-party timer on the software with a passcode you couldn't break.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

According to Steam I have 130 hours in this game since I reinstalled it last month. I think they round low.

Just defeated 4 "Hard" AI at once. Got the "Actually HAL, I Can Do That" achievement. Took 20 hours.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sins of a Solar Empire - Formerly:

Post by Leisher »